The questions I’d like answered.

PigskinPat

11 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

I do diversity and inclusion stuff for a living. If you work for a company and there has been a sexual assault question raised, you are forbidden from trying to dissuade or coerce a retraction. What he did is actually very illegal. 

Didn't realize I was talking to the authority on the matter. Do you believe yourself to be the only one?

IF what he did was so illegal do you not believe he would be facing charges? If something really did happen to the girl then I feel for her, the girl is a liar. She said he DM'd her unprovoked which is absolute BS. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Butthead said:

You know Caddy’s financial situation?  Many you must be close friends. 

Yes NFL contracts and his Auburn coaching salaries are public information. Not very hard to find.

19 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

I do diversity and inclusion stuff for a living. If you work for a company and there has been a sexual assault question raised, you are forbidden from trying to dissuade or coerce a retraction. What he did is actually very illegal. 

This is insane. Now you’re also lying about what you do for work, too. No way an *actual* professional in this field would say something so ludacris.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

This is insane. Now you’re also lying about what you do for work, too. No way an *actual* professional in this field would say something so ludacris.

Just to show how outlandish the threatening comment was why wasn’t he arrested. U have the evidence 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

321B4CF0-AA67-4A77-AC01-5D4A83B4E112.jpeg

173A68FC-A3BD-4BC1-83B4-90DDC2DD8D71.jpeg

Wow. So basically she tagged him and was calling him out and he responds that he would be open to talking to her about her issues with him (her choice at how it’s done), then she accuses him of reaching out to her unsolicited and only posts a small portion of his message? This is starting to smell.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Wow. So basically she tagged him and was calling him out and he responds that he would be open to talking to her about her issues with him (her choice at how it’s done), then she accuses him of reaching out to her unsolicited and only posts a small portion of his message? This is starting to smell.

Ding ding ding!

She is a miserable liar. Period. 

• Like 1

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2022/11/chelsea-andrews-auburn-never-asked-about-hugh-freeze-messages-defending-libertys-ian-mccaw.html?outputType=amp

Is anyone surprised al.com already has a hit piece out? At the very end it says this interesting little tidbit of info about the author: John Talty is the sports editor and SEC Insider for Alabama Media Group. He is the bestselling author of “The Leadership Secrets of Nick Saban.”  🤣🤣🤣🤣

7 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

That is completely rational.
But the people who say they will now never pull for AU, never support AU, or buy anything AU while being judgmental themselves about someone they truly do not know are just as bad. Then they start talking about WWJD. Give me a break. 
I did not want this coach (I wanted Deion). But I have no reason to not support the man at this moment. He has done nothing to hurt Auburn and I simply do not know if he has changed (or will ever change). 
What does make me mad is that Cohen had plenty of other choices to avoid this controversy and hire someone that is a better coach than him. He chose goofball Twitter Lane and then this guy. Cohen hurt Auburn. 
My hope is that HF completely redeems himself and Auburn has a long term successful coach. Only time will tell. 

💯 

I’m frustrated at the leadership process and what got us here with Freeze. Just embarrassing IMO. Look around at other coaching searches and see how they ended. I don’t know if it’s because all our targets are represented by Sexton and he just played us. Or if our leadership really is incompetent or the boosters are running the show. Could be both I guess. This feels like a reaction hire and not a well planned and executed search. 
Freeze might end up being a great coach. He could totally bomb. The next few weeks of staffing and recruiting will tell us what direction we are heading in. I hope it’s very positive news or this could majorly backfire. 

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Yes NFL contracts and his Auburn coaching salaries are public information. Not very hard to find.

When did he receive his last NFL paycheck?

8 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Some of you need to learn to think and be less narrow in your categorization. You’re judging folks who express valid concerns about the judgement of the person we just hired to represent our school. That doesn’t mean hate. That means concern. Folks are allowed to think differently and feel differently than you — even at Auburn.

Texas, you know as well as I that this isn't directed toward those with ethical concerns that have expressed them. This is completely fine, HOWEVER to those that are demeaning and berating those that choose NOT to be up in arms about Hugh... 

Just look at the landscape of this board over the last 3 days.... it isn't as much about concern for some as it is about berating others for not aligning with their view. 

I respect any concerns that you may have about him... I have my own but I personally am CHOOSING not to try to convince others that they are wrong for feeling the way that they feel. 

7 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

So you can be bought. 

Are you 12?  I have worked for some of the largest consulting firms in the world -- reporting responsibilities change all the time in those worlds.  

I guess the thing I don't understand is why all the folks that are dead set against Freeze being the hire were so blind sided by the news. His name was on every short list on every blog or podcast I have visited in the last 4-6 weeks or however long it's been since BH was canned. I am not a HF apologist , and he was not my choice as head coach. But it was obvious that he was considered a serious candidate by all the media locally , regionally, and nationally. So as someone said on another thread (Cardin Drake, maybe?) Why didn't all these passionate people make their concerns heard BEFORE the hire? 

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Absolute Bull #$%^.  Stop spewing nonsense. 

I keep seeing this "nobody else wanted him"  going around. That isn't true either. UT tried to make a play on him before Huepel but word is Sankey vetoed it. Saban wanted to hire him as his OC before that and same thing. Hugh was always going to get another shot at some point as long as he continued to get better and stay on the straight and narrow which he has done. Im glad we got him.

19 minutes ago, au701948 said:
8 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Absolute Bull #$%^.  Stop spewing nonsense. 

I keep seeing this "nobody else wanted him"  going around. That isn't true either. UT tried to make a play on him before Huepel but word is Sankey vetoed it. Saban wanted to hire him as his OC before that and same thing. Hugh was always going to get another shot at some point as long as he continued to get better and stay on the straight and narrow which he has done. Im glad we got him.

Thanks for putting this out there for those that will read it and understand that others had also reached out in recent past to CHF. Fortunately at this time, he was available to us. 

The ones that genuinely matter (his family) have put this behind them and chosen to live in the present. 

I think that at this time AU needed an excellent x and o’s coach that will care about and develop his players along with the ability to recruit the talent we desperately need. CHF is that coach. And as I always must state on this forum, this is only my opinion. I do not intend to nor expect anyone to be swayed by it.

I may be wrong and some of us are wrong occasionally. However, in this moment, I choose to be optimistic that AU matched our needs to this moment. Only time will tell. Personally I understand other folks having different opinions, but it is not my place to insist those folks should feel as I do.

JMHO

War Eagle to CHF! 

Edited by au701948
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

When Kiffin starts breaking federal laws by threatening sexual assault whistle blowers let me know.

Can you post the threats?  Because this surely does not seem like threats.  Is he threatening her to “have a great day”? 😂

If you have some super secret Freeze threats no one else has seen, share them. 

409DCFC4-8976-4381-BB04-5E73C26E63F2.jpeg

• Like 3

When Kiffin starts breaking federal laws by threatening sexual assault whistle blowers let me know.

You are insufferable. If this happened he would be in jail. Please take a break. Form your own thread.  

Now we know. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Butthead said:

I forgive him for everything. Putting him in charge of young athletes is an entirely different story. There is a difference. 

Yes, indeed. This should not be a question about forgiveness but prudence. 

Let me ask this question: if Freeze was submitting to a background check for coaching youth sports and you were on the review committee,  would you approve his application?

1 hour ago, Butthead said:

Are you 12?  I have worked for some of the largest consulting firms in the world -- reporting responsibilities change all the time in those worlds.  

You acted like you should not work or support for someone you think is scum. Yet you did so. The standard applies to you the same as everybody else. Wait..you have another standard by yourself for your family?

Have you bothered to read those messages? No, you haven't or you wouldn't have made this post. There is nothing threatening about the messages

That is absolutely NOT what he did. You're trying to put those messages into a box where they do not fit. Read the damn things!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

You acted like you should not work or support for someone you think is scum. Yet you did so. The standard applies to you the same as everybody else. Wait..you have another standard by yourself for your family?

I left -- not that day or the next, but my foot was already out of the door.  

4 minutes ago, Butthead said:

I left -- not that day or the next, but my foot was already out of the door.  

You are more credible if you took a stand by leaving. You did not share that previously.  Personally Freeze wasn’t my top choice among several poor choices. I would have put him below Sanders above Kiffin. The second tier are mostly unknown to me but may have produced a great fit. Nobody is totally clean and I am willing to trust the leadership and give Freeze the same chance we gave Pearl.  I would tag Chet among others to hold  him accountable. His daughter goes here and I think that will be a supporting factor also.