The questions I’d like answered.

PigskinPat

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

If Cadillac stays it’s an endorsement. Caddy is already a millionaire who’s set for life. He could coach just about anywhere after his interim stint. He isn’t staying at Auburn because he’s out of options or needs the money. Again. Just saying stuff.

You know Caddy’s financial situation?  Many you must be close friends. 

9 minutes ago, Taker said:

Quick question for the Anti-Freezers 

Does any of this make you feel better about yourself? Why are you CHOOSING to be miserable and trying to force that same misery upon others who are CHOOSING not to be miserable.... 

Life is to live, learn, and love.... 

Some of yall need to learn to love and you live a happier life. 

Some of you need to learn to think and be less narrow in your categorization. You’re judging folks who express valid concerns about the judgement of the person we just hired to represent our school. That doesn’t mean hate. That means concern. Folks are allowed to think differently and feel differently than you — even at Auburn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

Just now, AUght2win said:

He isn’t my first choice either. But it’s him. So I’m backing him. 

This “win at all cost” thing is a myth. We aren’t bringing in someone with an active, unapologetic, unmitigated “cost” (ongoing addiction, abuse, etc). He is a man who messed up his life several years ago.

The only reason a fan wouldn’t at least give him a chance from this point on would be unforgiveness or a fear he’ll relapse. 

Ok, this is where we differ in our perspective then.  I'm more cynical than you on the above.  In my opinion, a 60% win percentage of an up and comer would have been a better risk/reward for the future, but neither of us had wallets involved in that decision.  Although someone could easily counter me that we tried this with Harsin.

Regardless, I appreciate the measured response @AUght2win.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

I’ve seen a lot of ugliness on this board today. A lot of emotions have boiled over that have made us say things we normally wouldn’t and we certainly wouldn’t if we weren’t hiding behind a keyboard.

Freeze wasn’t my first or even second choice, but I hope he becomes the most successful coach we’ve ever had. I really do. I hope he’s so freaking successful at Auburn that we one day name something on campus after him. Many of you have questioned the morals and character of anyone that could support Freeze as our coach. So these are my questions: what about the coaches and players that support him as our coach? Do you question their morals and character, too? If Carnell stays, and it looks like he will, then he obviously supports Freeze as our coach, doesn’t he? So do we question his character and morals? I mean, how could ANYONE coach under a guy as morally bankrupt as Freeze? So do we cancel Cadillac? Do we question and cancel any coach that chooses to coach under Freeze? What about the players that stay and the players who come to us through the portal and commit to us out of high school? Do we cancel them because you just gotta question anyone who would want to play for a scumbag like Freeze, don’t you? So what do we do? We don’t want to be hypocrites, so we have got to question everyone’s morals and character who support Freeze, don’t we?

Judgment is my bigger issue. His fidelity is between him & his wife.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Butthead said:

I’ve worked for people that I thought were bad people until I found a suitable alternative. I have a family to think about. Big time college coaching is a small community and I don’t think Caddy is going to say anything negative about Freeze. I believe he is very loyal to Auburn and the players. If he does not make any sort of comment in the coming days I think that will be telling. 

Checkmate.

Edited by PigskinPat
  • Like 5

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Judgment is my bigger issue. His fidelity is between him & his wife.

It is mine as well, and I never said I didn’t have any reservations about him or that he was my top choice. I was questioning those that question others who say they will support him and what will those same people do when coaches and players support him.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Some of you need to learn to think and be less narrow in your categorization. You’re judging folks who express valid concerns about the judgement of the person we just hired to represent our school. That doesn’t mean hate. That means concern. Folks are allowed to think differently and feel differently than you — even at Auburn.

That is completely rational.
But the people who say they will now never pull for AU, never support AU, or buy anything AU while being judgmental themselves about someone they truly do not know are just as bad. Then they start talking about WWJD. Give me a break. 
I did not want this coach (I wanted Deion). But I have no reason to not support the man at this moment. He has done nothing to hurt Auburn and I simply do not know if he has changed (or will ever change). 
What does make me mad is that Cohen had plenty of other choices to avoid this controversy and hire someone that is a better coach than him. He chose goofball Twitter Lane and then this guy. Cohen hurt Auburn. 
My hope is that HF completely redeems himself and Auburn has a long term successful coach. Only time will tell. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

But the people who say they will now never pull for AU, never support AU, or buy anything AU while being judgmental themselves about someone they truly do not know are just as bad. Then they start talking about WWJD. Give me a break. 
I did not want this coach (I wanted Deion). But I have no reason to not support the man at this moment. He has done nothing to hurt Auburn and I simply do not know if he has changed (or will ever change). 
What does make me mad is that Cohen had plenty of other choices to avoid this controversy and hire someone that is a better coach than him. He chose goofball Twitter Lane and then this guy. Cohen hurt Auburn. 
My hope is that HF completely redeems himself and Auburn has a long term successful coach. Only time will tell. 

That’s part of my frustration, too. We’re Auburn and hire the guy no one else considers? Maybe he does great. I hope so. Maybe he manages his worst impulses. I hope so. I hope all the young men in his charge have a great experience. I hope he serves them & the University well. I just wish I felt more confident in those hopes.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

CHF's endorsements outside of twitterlectuals are amazing. This isn't really even a hold-your-nose hire. I don't even care *some* about the hooker thing. The deal with Liberty looks like a judgement lapse, his supporters and superiors have come to terms with it whether figuritively or literally. 

Trouble is there's no nuance or common ground. Most arguments being made against CHF tonight are that he actively supports a rape cover up culture, and is a monster. I have no will to have any diplomacy dealing with that argument whatsoever.

• Like 1

Most of the guys on our rosters were still children when Freeze was fired from Ole Miss. They don't share the same disdain for Hugh Freeze as someone like me who was a grown adult when it happened. And I can't fault them for staying considering the volatile nature of the portal and D1 rosters. I will 120% pull for any player that does transfer from Auburn though. I'm not going to use player retention as the litmus test for why I should trust and support Hugh Freeze and I can't in good conscience support Hugh Freeze. I can't in good conscience pull against Auburn either despite how much I relish in watching Hugh Freeze lose.

I'm just tired of my alma mater and its student-athletes being used as emotional hostages in Jimmy Rane and Raymond Harbart's multi-million dollar pissing contest.

20 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

This is what I find most distressing. To me Kiffin/Freeze are two peas out of the same pod and neither one should have been near the top of our list. When we hired Cohen we thought we were getting a professional AD who would make informed, professional decisions. This was not handled like a pro.

Now, Freeze is our coach and unless/until he pulls Harsin type stuff with employees and players I'll be pulling for him because if he succeeds, Auburn football succeeds.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

This is what I find most distressing. To me Kiffin/Freeze are two peas out of the same pod and neither one should have been near the top of our list. When we hired Cohen we thought we were getting a professional AD who would make informed, professional decisions. This was not handled like a pro.

I wish I could like this 1000 times. Agree with you 100%. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Butthead said:

I’ve worked for people that I thought were bad people until I found a suitable alternative. I have a family to think about. Big time college coaching is a small community and I don’t think Caddy is going to say anything negative about Freeze. I believe he is very loyal to Auburn and the players. If he does not make any sort of comment in the coming days I think that will be telling. 

So you can be bought. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

I’ve seen a lot of ugliness on this board today. A lot of emotions have boiled over that have made us say things we normally wouldn’t and we certainly wouldn’t if we weren’t hiding behind a keyboard.

Freeze wasn’t my first or even second choice, but I hope he becomes the most successful coach we’ve ever had. I really do. I hope he’s so freaking successful at Auburn that we one day name something on campus after him. Many of you have questioned the morals and character of anyone that could support Freeze as our coach. So these are my questions: what about the coaches and players that support him as our coach? Do you question their morals and character, too? If Carnell stays, and it looks like he will, then he obviously supports Freeze as our coach, doesn’t he? So do we question his character and morals? I mean, how could ANYONE coach under a guy as morally bankrupt as Freeze? So do we cancel Cadillac? Do we question and cancel any coach that chooses to coach under Freeze? What about the players that stay and the players who come to us through the portal and commit to us out of high school? Do we cancel them because you just gotta question anyone who would want to play for a scumbag like Freeze, don’t you? So what do we do? We don’t want to be hypocrites, so we have got to question everyone’s morals and character who support Freeze, don’t we?

Welcome to the message board Hugh. You’re a polarizing hire and have a long way to go winning over about 1/2 the Auburn fan base. It’s nice you stopped in to give your opinion on yourself.

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Now, Freeze is our coach and unless/until he pulls Harsin type stuff with employees and players I'll be pulling for him because if he succeeds, Auburn football succeeds.

When Kiffin starts breaking federal laws by threatening sexual assault whistle blowers let me know.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

56 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I have EVERY reason not to support Freeze. I’m still going to because he now represents Auburn. My devotion is to Auburn, not the coach. Doesn’t mean I’m not going to vomit in my mouth before every game. Doesn’t mean I won’t be the first calling for his head when and if things turn south. I think he’s the lowest of the low… scum… and the worst possible hire to represent Auburn. If anything even remotely sketchy surfaces during his tenure, we’d better part ways with him immediately. Ultimately, I love Auburn too much to disengage. I hope I’m proved wrong. After all the recurring red flags from Freeze, he’s finally “found the light.” But that doesn’t stop me from being skeptical.

Edited by ScotsAU

3 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

When Kiffin starts breaking federal laws by threatening sexual assault whistle blowers let me know.

Absolute Bull #$%^.  Stop spewing nonsense. 

50 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

That’s part of my frustration, too. We’re Auburn and hire the guy no one else considers? Maybe he does great. I hope so. Maybe he manages his worst impulses. I hope so. I hope all the young men in his charge have a great experience. I hope he serves them & the University well. I just wish I felt more confident in those hopes.

I keep seeing this "nobody else wanted him"  going around. That isn't true either. UT tried to make a play on him before Huepel but word is Sankey vetoed it. Saban wanted to hire him as his OC before that and same thing. Hugh was always going to get another shot at some point as long as he continued to get better and stay on the straight and narrow which he has done. Im glad we got him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I keep seeing this "nobody else wanted him"  going around. That isn't true either. UT tried to make a play on him before Huepel but word is Sankey vetoed it. Saban wanted to hire him as his OC before that and same thing. Hugh was always going to get another shot at some point as long as he continued to get better and stay on the straight and narrow which he has done. Im glad we got him.

I do diversity and inclusion stuff for a living. If you work for a company and there has been a sexual assault question raised, you are forbidden from trying to dissuade or coerce a retraction. What he did is actually very illegal. 

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Several coaches hired this year. Only heard his name attached to AU. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yep locked on Auburn talked about what u said. They also mentioned Lsu and Gus but was all blocked by Sankey. Would have had Hugh instead of Chad Morris 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Welcome to the message board Hugh. You’re a polarizing hire and have a long way to go winning over about 1/2 the Auburn fan base. It’s nice you stopped in to give your opinion on yourself.

Clever!!!!