The questions I’d like answered.

PigskinPat

2 hours ago, Butthead said:

When did he receive his last NFL paycheck?

B794173F-4D15-46DF-BE6A-126F087DDE32.thumb.jpeg.13d4b8c3c9acb03304917ddb4ab5d9de.jpeg

0D8B3534-995E-44BD-BDCB-475CA98E7018.thumb.jpeg.d43ba2632e7ff9409f6988b1043f1d30.jpeg

I have to admit, it’s nice when someone makes it so easy to be proven completely wrong. Thanks BH.

Edited by AUght2win

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Judgment is my bigger issue. His fidelity is between him & his wife.

this is my attitude. i have three pretty big problems with him

1) a pattern of lack of judgement starting as a high school coach and up to DMing this woman. its not any individual thing, its everything in context together showing that lack of judgement repeatedly.

2) using his religion to avoid responsibility or criticism. this whole "you aren't a good person or christian if you don't forgive him" is bunk. he didnt wrong me. he doesn't need my forgiveness. read this text exchange and tell me if this sounds like someone who is an honest forthright person. https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A74383d86-3fb6-4fbf-88cb-99b059c860ab&viewer%21megaVerb=group-discover

i have been wary of people like this my entire life. it would be near impossible for me to trust someone like this. this more so than any moral shortcomings puts me off of him completely.

3) i don't think he is as good a coach as others do. all of this might be worth it for someone proven quantity, but he isn't.

these are all my hang ups. no one else here as to share them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

B794173F-4D15-46DF-BE6A-126F087DDE32.thumb.jpeg.13d4b8c3c9acb03304917ddb4ab5d9de.jpeg

0D8B3534-995E-44BD-BDCB-475CA98E7018.thumb.jpeg.d43ba2632e7ff9409f6988b1043f1d30.jpeg

I have to admit, it’s nice when someone makes it so easy to be proven completely wrong. Thanks BH.

So he received his last NFL paycheck almost 12 years ago.  Again, you know nothing about his financial situation.  

I do hope those who are all up in arms over Freeze's morals aren't the same ones who wanted Kiffin or Sanders here. Freeze's slip ups pale in comparison to what those two have in their closets. Freeze cheated with hookers, Kiffin repeatedly cheated with college co-eds. There's quite a difference there.

As for Sanders' situation, read his book: Power, Money and Sex: How Success Almost Ruined My Life.

The title tells you all you need to know.

Edited by Mikey
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Butthead said:

So he received his last NFL paycheck almost 12 years ago.  Again, you know nothing about his financial situation.  

I know he has 33 million and makes $350,000 annually. I know he isn’t financially hurting. Just stop, dude. Take the multiple Ls and move on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

this is my attitude. i have three pretty big problems with him

1) a pattern of lack of judgement starting as a high school coach and up to DMing this woman. its not any individual thing, its everything in context together showing that lack of judgement repeatedly.

2) using his religion to avoid responsibility or criticism. this whole "you aren't a good person or christian if you don't forgive him" is bunk. he didnt wrong me. he doesn't need my forgiveness. read this text exchange and tell me if this sounds like someone who is an honest forthright person. https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A74383d86-3fb6-4fbf-88cb-99b059c860ab&viewer%21megaVerb=group-discover

i have been wary of people like this my entire life. it would be near impossible for me to trust someone like this. this more so than any moral shortcomings puts me off of him completely.

3) i don't think he is as good a coach as others do. all of this might be worth it for someone proven quantity, but he isn't.

these are all my hang ups. no one else here as to share them.

This sums up my thoughts entirely. Adding that people of privilege get this kind of second chance... most do not get this kind of opportunity after what he has done.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I know he has 33 million and makes $350,000 annually. I know he isn’t financially hurting. Just stop, dude. Take the multiple Ls and move on.

If you think he has $33 million from that contract, you are an idiot.  After taxes and agent fees, he was lucky to get half that.

• Haha 1

I was a  dabo/ sanders/ splash-hire guy. Felt we were/are stuck and needed to do something big to change our historical status quo.  I was ok with kiffin but his cost and annoyance were too high. With Freeze, I know many focus on his saban wins, but in Atlanta it was very obvious the uga fans were hoping we’d get freeze and not  dabo, sanders, or kiffin.   Was alway my feeling he’s a very competent hire but not worth the extensive distractions and divisiveness  he would cause. Nonetheless, I’m sure he can get us back to pre-Harsin and it is what it is. We’ll see where this goes.

• Like 2

A different take:  Since 2010, it seems Auburn has become Redemption U.  It stated with Cam, as he was thrown out of U of F for receiving stolen goods.  How many here was upset when he enrolled at Auburn?  He really didn’t look good in the A day game and he steadily improved and won the hearts of Auburn fans.  The behind the scene hero was Rich Mcglynn, who by the way, will be Freeze’s handler at Auburn going forward.  A proven commodity.

Bruce Pearl had a show cause on him when we hired him in 2014 and several fans had heartburn over this hire.  He has proven his metal time and time again even though the program has been investigated in 2017 about Chuck Person incident.  Auburn fans have been stead fast for Bruce since he go Auburn Basketball under control.  What a great representative for Auburn.

So, now we have Freeze, who also has a shady past, and Auburn has taken on the responsibility to *rehabilitate* this man.  There is no guarantee he will succeed, just like there was no guarantee Cam and Bruce would succeed, but damn it sure was fun to watch the other two exceed expectations.  

Freeze wasn‘t on my radar at all, I never liked him at OM.  He was a lesser cheerleader of a coach than Dabo, and I can’t stand him.  We are where we are and our simple choice is to embrace he *rehabilitation* of Freeze or undermine his every move.

It really isn’t that hard of a choice. I hope Freeze shows his metal and becomes the third successful *Redemption* story for Auburn.

WDE.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

A different take:  Since 2010, it seems Auburn has become Redemption U.  

Unfortunately, only we’re calling it redemption u. The rest of the world is tagging us with a less flattering brand.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Unfortunately, only we’re calling it redemption u. The rest of the world is tagging us with a less flattering brand.

Do you let other people define you?  I didn’t think so.

Revenge is a dish better served cold.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you let other people define you?  I didn’t think so.

Revenge is a dish better served cold.

Respectfully, this isn’t about others, definition, or revenge. It’s not a “them” thing. It’s about who we are. Candidly, I’m still struggling with this hire and I know we’re trying to turn the page. Moving on.

13 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

I’ve seen a lot of ugliness on this board today. A lot of emotions have boiled over that have made us say things we normally wouldn’t and we certainly wouldn’t if we weren’t hiding behind a keyboard.

Freeze wasn’t my first or even second choice, but I hope he becomes the most successful coach we’ve ever had. I really do. I hope he’s so freaking successful at Auburn that we one day name something on campus after him. Many of you have questioned the morals and character of anyone that could support Freeze as our coach. So these are my questions: what about the coaches and players that support him as our coach? Do you question their morals and character, too? If Carnell stays, and it looks like he will, then he obviously supports Freeze as our coach, doesn’t he? So do we question his character and morals? I mean, how could ANYONE coach under a guy as morally bankrupt as Freeze? So do we cancel Cadillac? Do we question and cancel any coach that chooses to coach under Freeze? What about the players that stay and the players who come to us through the portal and commit to us out of high school? Do we cancel them because you just gotta question anyone who would want to play for a scumbag like Freeze, don’t you? So what do we do? We don’t want to be hypocrites, so we have got to question everyone’s morals and character who support Freeze, don’t we?

I'll always love the team and was super stoked to see AU football on the upswing with Caddy at the helm. 

Freeze wasn't in my top 5, but to answer your question, I'm not sure what to do. I only know that I felt sick to my stomach when I saw Freeze as the hire.  That's not the reaction Roberts and Cohen were aiming for. They wanted Lane and he spurned them; I get it. So they picked who they thought was 2nd best and I really hope it doesn't bite them. I know Freeze can coach, but I am worried about his judgement and having coaches and players with good judgement wanting to join him. 

To that point, I think it impacts recruiting. Some parents will feel queasy about Freeze (or at least that he's driven only by money and success) and we'll lose out on some recruits and more likely get a lot of recruits only there for the NIL. If that's what the leadership wants, then it's their choice. But that doesn't mean fans will be behind it. 

I think they could have made a better decision. 

Edited by HAPvsOA

1 minute ago, HAPvsOA said:

I'll always love the team and was super stoked to see AU football on the upswing with Caddy at the helm. 

Freeze wasn't in my top 5, but to answer your question, I'm not sure what to do. I only know that I felt sick to my stomach when I saw Freeze as the hire.  That's the reaction Roberts and Cohen were aiming for. They wanted Lane and he spurned them; I get it. So they picked who they thought was 2nd best and I really hope it doesn't bite them. I know Freeze can coach, but I am worried about his judgement and having coaches and players with good judgement wanting to join him. 

To that point, I think it impacts recruiting. Some parents will feel queasy about Freeze (or at least that he's driven only by money and success) and we'll lose out on some recruits and more likely get a lot of recruits only there for the NIL. If that's what the leadership wants, then it's their choice. But that doesn't mean fans will be behind it. 

I think they could have made a better decision. 

Where did you get that he’s only driven by money and success? To me, that seems to be far from what drives him after listening to him at his introduction presser?

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I do hope those who are all up in arms over Freeze's morals aren't the same ones who wanted Kiffin or Sanders here. Freeze's slip ups pale in comparison to what those two have in their closets. Freeze cheated with hookers, Kiffin repeatedly cheated with college co-eds. There's quite a difference there.

As for Sanders' situation, read his book: Power, Money and Sex: How Success Almost Ruined My Life.

The title tells you all you need to know.

Funny how 1 is held to  a different standard

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Butthead said:

If you think he has $33 million from that contract, you are an idiot.  After taxes and agent fees, he was lucky to get half that.

You're  flailing now.   Quit digging.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Didn't realize I was talking to the authority on the matter. Do you believe yourself to be the only one?

IF what he did was so illegal do you not believe he would be facing charges? If something really did happen to the girl then I feel for her, the girl is a liar. She said he DM'd her unprovoked which is absolute BS. 

It’s not that kind of illegal. It would be a civil court thing… a law suit.

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Best advice.  Stop worrying what others say about us. Can't control it

30 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Best advice.  Stop worrying what others say about us. Can't control it

Certain folks gravitate to negative news. Somehow I also saw quite the support after his press conference.

• Like 2