Brumbaugh not retained

Tigerpro2a

11 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Hugh is making some moves, but shouldnt he put his OC/DC in place first?

Probably easier to fire/let people go.

Also, can do more than one thing at once.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I didn't realize CRob worked with HF at Ole Miss.  Didn't really know much else besides he was at UF before we hired him off the streets.

About what I expected.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Trying to understand what we saw positive from the C. Rob hire.

Initially typed this.  Didn't realize he coached DL for Ole Miss.  LBs weren't good (talent/depth and probably coaching too).  He was heralded as a good recruiter for the ATL area....not sure anything came from that but hard to criticize in this environment.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I didn't realize CRob worked with HF at Ole Miss.  Didn't really know much else besides he was at UF before we hired him off the streets.

About what I expected.

Meaning you expected what exactly?

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Meaning you expected what exactly?

Firing nearly anyone.  Kept 2 AU guys who are held in high regard & 1 guy he has a former coaching relationship with.

• Like 1

I know we live in a different, more politically correct society where feelings are taken into consideration, but I sure do miss this. I looked forward to this every year. You'll notice who he is yelling at. Big #5. Brumbaugh never seemed mean enough for me. I wish him the best though. 

Edited by maryland tiger
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Zac and Lac were the most likely to be retained anyway.   I think we all suspected that.   
A lil surprised about CRob, but with the previous relationship, and if he is a great recruiter (can’t judge based on time under Harsin, the anti-recruiter), then I can see where that makes sense.  

2 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Zac and Lac were the most likely to be retained anyway.   I think we all suspected that.   
A lil surprised about CRob, but with the previous relationship, and if he is a great recruiter (can’t judge based on time under Harsin, the anti-recruiter), then I can see where that makes sense.  

Interesting to see what he does with Zac as he was asst. HC and RC, I believe.

2 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

I know we live in a different, more politically correct society where feelings are taken into consideration, but I sure do miss this. I looked forward to this every year. You'll notice who he is yelling at. Big #5. 

I love Coach Garner’s “tough love” approach!   Btw, D Brown did look awful in that drill!  And then he went and became one of the best DL we’ve ever had!!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Hard to criticize his lack of successful recruiting?

Under 1 year of Harsin? Yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

https://247sports.com/Coach/Christian-Robinson-4052/Recruits/?RecruitmentYear=2020

Robinsons recruitment list

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Trying to understand what we saw positive from the C. Rob hire.

Same. I said in another thread I hope we don’t retain him but relationships matter…

47 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Initially typed this.  Didn't realize he coached DL for Ole Miss.  LBs weren't good (talent/depth and probably coaching too).  He was heralded as a good recruiter for the ATL area....not sure anything came from that but hard to criticize in this environment.

So he is from snellville. Played at the GAC. I only knew him briefly prior to his UGA days because he went to school with the girl I was with at the time . I never was super impressed and I am assuming the Atlanta thing is based on his familiarity . Never in a million years did I think he would be here at Auburn lol.

• Like 1

I think if he wants to keep CRob, fine but use him in another capacity.  We need a bulldog coaching the LB's.  Just don't think he is it.  If he is good at recruiting, put him in another role and allow him to continue to focus on that.  I am ok with loyalty and longtime relationships, but we need the best coaches in position roles.  We can't sacrifice best available for personal feelings in trying to right this ship.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

46 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Just an observation:  If you look at the list provided by Mac, there are only 2 of listed recruits from the state of Georgia. Not saying he is not a good/great recruiter, but there is not much there to indicate his prowess in the ATL area.   WDE

• Like 2