Freeze's Staff

Potatooooooes!!

1 hour ago, 81spacetiger said:

Well that's one way of looking at it. 

But if you are one of the individuals that was making say $200K/Yr (or more) but knew you were not going to be retained - would you want to stay to help recruit players to the school that wasn't going to retain you?  Or, do you want to find another longer term paying position with another school and start recruiting for that school that will be paying you going forward?

These "holdovers from CBH tenure have families that they have to provide for.  CHF is doing them a favor by letting them go early so they can find another job. And we as fans have to hope they can.  We shouldn't be hoping they stay a little longer to help recruit players to the school we love; then ask then to clean out their old office and leave...

It might be different if they choose to take a different position within the staff - at a reduced salary - because staying in Auburn for another year is best for their family.  But before the salary reduction in Jan 23, they can legally still recruit for the university.  Does anyone know that is the case for these 2?

Reed and Bernardi have been retained. Their roles are not yet defined but because we have vacancies in the on field staff rules permit them to recruit. And HF isn’t making anyone stay. They are free to go but to date have agreed to stay. 

Edited by Gowebb11

I will say this about the two primary coordinator hires at oc and dc -- from a x's and o's perspective good hires but from a personality personal level viewpoint from afar I am not particurlaly excited about them. Fortunately i am viewing from afar and do not know their true personalities so hopefully they and the players become close. 

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi

38 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I will say this about the two primary coordinator hires at oc and dc -- from a x's and o's perspective good hires but from a personality personal level viewpoint from afar I am not particurlaly excited about them. Fortunately i am viewing from afar and do not know their true personalities so hopefully they and the players become close. 

Yeah, let's reserve judgement on those two until they have been on staff a little longer.  After the A-game, we should have a better idea of their styles and personalities.  I am excited, especially after the last half of the Malzahn era and all of Harsin's (whatever you want to call that) time.  Finish strong with portal and recruiting and then let's get to work building this teams performance on the field.

On 12/12/2022 at 1:35 PM, WFE12 said:

What gives me pause is no sec experience. We’ve had transfers with no sec experience what have they done?…coaches with no sec experience what have they done?…

Can you stop now?

• Like 3

On 12/15/2022 at 11:00 AM, Viper said:

I missed the Charles Kelly staying at bammer news in that article.

Maybe you can ask your Georgia Tech alum for the scoop. 

This is funny s***...

• Love 1

On 12/12/2022 at 12:35 PM, WFE12 said:

What gives me pause is no sec experience. We’ve had transfers with no sec experience what have they done?…coaches with no sec experience what have they done?…

You need  a vacation. 

1 hour ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

I'm confused about the timing regarding the Jake Thornton announcement. He's been named OL coach since Dec 6, but just officially announced today?

The whole thing is the strangest announcement of a staff I can remember. There must be a reason for it but I have no idea what it would be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

I'm confused about the timing regarding the Jake Thornton announcement. He's been named OL coach since Dec 6, but just officially announced today?

The only two coaches who had been officially announced by the school were the OC and DC.

All of these other guys had been hired and were out working but were not announced formally. Even Cadillac. The only "announcement" on Cadillac came from him himself on Twitter, but not the school.

It means nothing. They were busy recruiting and it's obvious that Freeze wanted to wait till after signing day to start to start formally announcing the staff all together.

1 hour ago, metafour said:

It means nothing. They were busy recruiting and it's obvious that Freeze wanted to wait till after signing day to start to start formally announcing the staff all together.

It doesn't make it any less confusing. With all the speculation and rumor, it's hard to figure out who is truly on staff. Especially when mainstream media runs articles that we've hired people we haven't officially hired yet. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/23/2022 at 10:30 AM, aucanucktiger said:

IMHO, Garrett & Thornton are OUTSTANDING line coach hires by Freeze on many levels.

I’m still a tad skeptical--a bit too many Liberty transplants for my liking. But at least a couple have experience at OM, which alone makes them better than the potato posse.

Edited by AUwent

I certainly get the impression boosters are drying up on paying coaches.

• Dislike 2

42 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Filled in the WR Coach. Only special teams Coach remains

We apparently hired Tanner Burns (not the AU baseball pitcher 😅)from Liberty as our Special Teams Off Field Coach. I have no idea what that means.

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

I certainly get the impression boosters are drying up on paying coaches.

Based on what? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

We apparently hired Tanner Burns (not the AU baseball pitcher 😅)from Liberty as our Special Teams Off Field Coach. I have no idea what that means.

From what I understand, he’ll design it and set up the practice for it and a couple of other coaches will implement it. I kinda like this approach in that it doesn’t split an onfield coach’s priorities. They can coach their position and then just implement the plan that someone else spent many hours on. 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 1:00 AM, Viper said:

I missed the Charles Kelly staying at bammer news in that article.

Maybe you can ask your Georgia Tech alum for the scoop. 

??? I think you’re a little mixed up, which of course, happens quite often. Go back and tell me where I posted anything about Charles Kelly.

I do have a question for you though. Where is Colorado and Prime ranked in recruiting after early signing day?

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, AU-24 said:

??? I think you’re a little mixed up, which of course, happens quite often. Go back and tell me where I posted anything about Charles Kelly.

I do have a question for you though. Where is Colorado and Prime ranked in recruiting after early signing day?

You responded to my links of Charles Kelly, so you tell me.

Colorado and Prime at #23, four spots behind AU and Freeze. 

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/OverallTeamRankings/

Next?

hqdefault.jpg