Freeze's Staff

Potatooooooes!!

What gives me pause is no sec experience. We’ve had transfers with no sec experience what have they done?…coaches with no sec experience what have they done?…

• Facepalm 1

The new coordinators have both been head coaches 

And both have a large coaching tree of former assistants that are or have been head coaches themselves 

Edited by Bro Johnny Mac

Overall, I like CHF’s staff.  There’s some young and hungry guys mixed with some well experienced guys, including HC experience.   Between HF, Austin and Montgomery we should find excellent prospects at QB and develop them very well!   I like that he has some guys he’s known and coached with a good bit as well as some solid AU guys!    He’s got some ace recruiters and he’s got some good technical coaches.   Well rounded and talented staff.   I think we’ll see some good things from these guys!!!

• Like 3

On 12/12/2022 at 9:09 AM, Mikey said:

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. It seems like your thousand links have been trumped by one picture.

Link to Charles Kelly staying at bammer?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Link to Charles Kelly staying at bammer?

Are you blind? Look at the picture. Sooner or later he'll leave there for another job but as of now...

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Are you blind? Look at the picture. Sooner or later he'll leave there for another job but as of now...

Remind me again…is bammer’s 2022 season still ongoing?

Wasn't "Crime Dog" hired last week?

Aren't we allowed ten on field assistant coaches? My memory is fading but seems like rule was changed a couple of years ago.

57 minutes ago, autan said:

Wasn't "Crime Dog" hired last week?

Aren't we allowed ten on field assistant coaches? My memory is fading but seems like rule was changed a couple of years ago.

Yes, 10 + HC.  11 in total.

McGriff was reported to be joining us, but I cannot find an official announcement.  I also cannot find anything official on Zac departing, so I left him in and Mcgriff off the matrix.  

On 12/12/2022 at 1:35 PM, WFE12 said:

What gives me pause is no sec experience. We’ve had transfers with no sec experience what have they done?…coaches with no sec experience what have they done?…

Eku Leota and Donovan Kaufman ( when healthy) and DJ James/Keionte Scott have been significant contributors on defense and on many occasions outshined AU recruits. And although he wasn’t spectacular Robby Ashford contributed a lot more than our 2 SEC transfers, Finley and Calzada. And one could certainly argue that SEC veteran coaches like Friend and CRob’s position groups played no better than the groups coached by the Boise boys. 

• Like 3

Going before that. Blake Countess was essential to our defense while here. Jack Driscoll was a good get from UMass. There have been plenty of non-SEC transfers to succeed at Auburn and even more that have succeeded elsewhere.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

This is why he claims he’s never wrong. We can provide links to show he’s dead, 100% wrong, and he will come up with some minuscule thing basically saying oh, oh see I’m not wrong And my mama agrees with me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Viper said:

I missed the Charles Kelly staying at bammer news in that article.

Maybe you can ask your Georgia Tech alum for the scoop. 

Freeze got exactly who he wanted! Auburn got exactly who they wanted! But don’t worry your sixth grade teacher and your mama agree with you and that’s all that matters.

To make sure you’re not wrong, here is just some of the people who are lying and incorrect about Freeze:

1. Former Georgia Tech football player, close to the program Who says they never offered Prime nor wanted him.

2. Auburn athletic Director who says Freeze was always at the top of his list.

3. Every other power five school that had a opening that did not offer prime, they are all liars and mistaken for not offering him.

4. Hugh Freeze himself who said he’s had several offers the past three years, but he was waiting for a school like Auburn.

5. Paul Finebaum who said these coordinators are home run hires.

5. Approximately 93% of the AU Family board to include every MOD.

6. 100% of the Auburn athletic department.

7. CBS News who say: Defensively, Freeze has decided to bring in a respected head coach with deep ties to modern defenses in Ron Roberts. The former Delta State and Southeastern Louisianahead coach was the defensive coordinator for Dave Aranda at Baylor for the past three seasons, helping the Bears win the Big 12 title in 2021. He was fired following the 2022 season and quickly became a highly sought-after candidate for multiple Power Five jobs; 247Sports' Brandon Marcello reported that Roberts interviewed with Arkansas and Georgia Tech in addition to Auburn prior to committing to Freeze. 

More from CBS: https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/auburn-hiring-philip-montgomery-ron-roberts-for-coordinator-roles-on-hugh-freezes-coaching-staff/amp/

8. Every athlete he has already flipped, and recruited and all those that are coming in this weekend or/and next weekend, do not know what they’re thinking, while they’re liking Freeze and Auburn.

9. The athletes that are already committed to Auburn, that Deion is offering, but are remaining at Auburn, they’re probably lying and don’t know what they’re talking about either.

Not to worry though, your mom, your sixth grade teacher and maybe two other posters agree with you. So you have to be correct.

'].join("")),c.creativeParameters.ad_container_id=b,c.creativeParameters.generate_ad_slot="true",null==c.displayConfigParameters&&(c.displayConfigParameters={}),c.displayConfigParameters.ad_container_id=b);c=a.g;b=c.renderingLibraryData;e=b.version;a:{for(d=0;d
'].join("")),c.creativeParameters.ad_container_id=b,c.creativeParameters.generate_ad_slot="true",null==c.displayConfigParameters&&(c.displayConfigParameters={}),c.displayConfigParameters.ad_container_id=b);c=a.g;b=c.renderingLibraryData;e=b.version;a:{for(d=0;d
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

My comment would be that the DC Roberts usually coaches LBs,

I went by what the AuburnTigers.com web site showed: https://auburntigers.com/sports/football/coaches

I have to believe there will be another defensive position coach as there are only 3 on staff now.  I would think we would have at least 4 coaches on D, maybe 5 if one of the coaches worked special teams.  We have 5 on O and the HC against the 11 max allowed.

7 hours ago, AU-24 said:

This is why he claims he’s never wrong. We can provide links to show he’s dead, 100% wrong, and he will come up with some minuscule thing basically saying oh, oh see I’m not wrong And my mama agrees with me.

sarcasm-sarcastic.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, 81spacetiger said:

Is this accurate?; I show 3 positions to fill now that Coach Robinson is out.

image.png

Throw in strength and conditioning coach

8 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Throw in strength and conditioning coach

Will do, but this position and their staff doesn't count against the NCAA 11 on-field coach limit.

image.png

Edited by 81spacetiger
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, 81spacetiger said:

Will do, but this position and their staff doesn't count against the NCAA 11 on-field coach limit.

image.png

Defense Coordinator

Defensive line

Defensive edge

LB

Secondary

Special Teams is usually a 1/2 roll given to someone on defense

Not sure where S&C fit in but it's one of the most important roles on the staff - #Yox

FWIW: my understanding is that by not filling certain spots right now, guys like Trovon Reed and Joe Bernardi can officially recruit. Since they already have relationships with prospects in this class it makes sense to turn them loose until after early signing day. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

FWIW: my understanding is that by not filling certain spots right now, guys like Trovon Reed and Joe Bernardi can officially recruit. Since they already have relationships with prospects in this class it makes sense to turn them loose until after early signing day. 

Well that's one way of looking at it. 

But if you are one of the individuals that was making say $200K/Yr (or more) but knew you were not going to be retained - would you want to stay to help recruit players to the school that wasn't going to retain you?  Or, do you want to find another longer term paying position with another school and start recruiting for that school that will be paying you going forward?

These "holdovers from CBH tenure have families that they have to provide for.  CHF is doing them a favor by letting them go early so they can find another job. And we as fans have to hope they can.  We shouldn't be hoping they stay a little longer to help recruit players to the school we love; then ask then to clean out their old office and leave...

It might be different if they choose to take a different position within the staff - at a reduced salary - because staying in Auburn for another year is best for their family.  But before the salary reduction in Jan 23, they can legally still recruit for the university.  Does anyone know that is the case for these 2?

9 minutes ago, 81spacetiger said:

Well that's one way of looking at it. 

But if you are one of the individuals that was making say $200K/Yr (or more) but knew you were not going to be retained - would you want to stay to help recruit players to the school that wasn't going to retain you?  Or, do you want to find another longer term paying position with another school and start recruiting for that school that will be paying you going forward?

These "holdovers from CBH tenure have families that they have to provide for.  CHF is doing them a favor by letting them go early so they can find another job. And we as fans have to hope they can.  We shouldn't be hoping they stay a little longer to help recruit players to the school we love; then ask then to clean out their old office and leave...

It might be different if they choose to take a different position within the staff - at a reduced salary - because staying in Auburn for another year is best for their family.  But before the salary reduction in Jan 23, they can legally still recruit for the university.  Does anyone know that is the case for these 2?

I know Reed was retained in his same role (according to his tweet). Bernardi was moved from Analyst to on field coach when Harsin and his group was let go. He may move back to sn analyst role but as far as I have heard/sawFreeze hasn’t got thst far except to announce Reed. These guys know how this works when a staff change takes place. They will keep working until they are let go ( but I assume all have a contract so that goes forward for length of original contract (assumption on my part)).