Freeze's Staff

Potatooooooes!!

14 minutes ago, Viper said:

Colorado and Prime at #23, four spots behind AU and Freeze. 

It took Sanders 32 recruits to get there, including 14 transfers. Average star rating is still well below Auburn's. Nine more recruits and Sanders is still well behind Auburn. You should have picked some other area of discussion.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It took Sanders 32 recruits to get there, including 14 transfers. Average star rating is still well below Auburn's. Nine more recruits and Sanders is still well behind Auburn. You should have picked some other area of discussion.

#19 AU/Freeze

#23 Colorado/Prime

#32 Baylor/Grimes

The numbers are the numbers.

Next?

hqdefault.jpg

7 minutes ago, Viper said:

#19 AU/Freeze

#23 Colorado/Prime

#32 Baylor/Grimes

The numbers are the numbers.

Next?

hqdefault.jpg

Good to see Freeze is the better recruiter by the numbers.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Stating the obvious, comparing coaches 1st year (month) at completely dissimilar programs, recruiting footprints, and nil situations is interesting sort of. But useless. Ie how would have freeze done  at Colorado with hardly any nil or infrastructure and having less time due to hire date?  I love ds but I think he should have passed on Col job. We’ll see.

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Programs by the numbers:

247 Composite (high school + transfers)

Auburn (last 10 years)

2023: #19

2022: #21

2021: #18

2020: #8

2019: #13

2018: #12

2017: #10

2016: #9

2015: #8

2014: #6

Colorado (last 10 years)

2023: #23

2022: #58

2021: #65

2020: #36

2019: #48

2018: #53

2017: #34

2016: #69

2015: #69

2014: #74

Good to see Freeze is keeping AU near status quo by the numbers.

Good to see Prime has well exceeded status quo by the numbers.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Stating the obvious, comparing coaches 1st year (month) at completely dissimilar programs, recruiting footprints, and nil situations is interesting sort of. But useless. Ie how would have freeze done  at Colorado with hardly any nil or infrastructure and having less time due to hire date?

Yup and why I just illustrated the results of recruiting the last 10 years by both programs. Freeze got AU near typical AU results. Prime got Colorado way past typical Colorado results. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

I can see some have a PhD in moving goal posts

Just an mba. I believe what I always have - freeze or any competent coach could get us back to mid tier - competing with the miss schools, arky, ect.  Grind it out, de-Harsinizing.  Back where we were and have been for decades. To change the historical status quo we needed to go non traditional au hire - ds or dabo.  Forget “fit”. And we didn’t.  Same ole, same ole. So how this goes is we show improvement next year, fans are generally happy, but when we then try to go to the elite level (chf can’t recruit top 7 imo), we’re right back to upsetting uga/ bama every 4-5 years. Where we’ve always been.

Enjoy the next 2ish years while the au bar is still low. I could be wrong, but I’m not.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

To change the historical status quo we needed to go non traditional au hire - ds or dabo

We will see. 

23 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Enjoy the next 2ish years while the au bar is still low. I could be wrong, but I’m not

Oh you aren’t huh? And if DS fails at Colorado I am sure you will say it’s because he is at Colorado? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Just an mba. I believe what I always have - freeze or any competent coach could get us back to mid tier - competing with the miss schools, arky, ect.  Grind it out, de-Harsinizing.  Back where we were and have been for decades. To change the historical status quo we needed to go non traditional au hire - ds or dabo.  Forget “fit”. And we didn’t.  Same ole, same ole. So how this goes is we show improvement next year, fans are generally happy, but when we then try to go to the elite level (chf can’t recruit top 7 imo), we’re right back to upsetting uga/ bama every 4-5 years. Where we’ve always been.

Enjoy the next 2ish years while the au bar is still low. I could be wrong, but I’m not.

Gus 2.0

“Solid”

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

We will see. 

Oh you aren’t huh? And if DS fails at Colorado I am sure you will say it’s because he is at Colorado? 

He won’t fail at Colorado, imo he’ll take them further than they’ve been in decades. But ds is about natty’s and dominance. I’m beyond skeptical Col is the platform for that.  3 years from now I think both ds and au will regret it didn’t work out. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Gus 2.0

“Solid”

Actually, Gus 2.0 with a solid passing game would have put us in the elite category more times than not

So your observation is not really a knock. But you really should get that irritating rash looked at. It makes you way too crotchety. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

He won’t fail at Colorado, imo he’ll take them further than they’ve been in decades. But ds is about natty’s and dominance. I’m beyond skeptical Col is the platform for that.  3 years from now I think both ds and au will regret it didn’t work out. 

I mean they were what 1-11? Can’t really go anywhere but up. However, the expectations is someone with the name DS should get them competing and beating the leaders of the pac 12, right?

Thats essentially what many here has been saying his draw is. Apparently he got the NIL build up, Colorado has done something’s to help with transfers ability to get there , it’s not like he is taking over a program facing the likes of the SEC foes. 

Realistically at this college football landscape, the barriers aren’t as highly against him as you are putting out .

• Like 2

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Colorado can’t get any worse. Playing with house money. 

Prime will be a SEC HC within 5 years.

Unless Freeze contacts another hussy, he’ll still be at AU in 5 years. Why? Because Rane can tolerate “solid” seasons as long as he beats Saban once every 3 years. Saban is 4-6 at JH.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Actually, Gus 2.0 with a solid passing game would have put us in the elite category more times than not

Gus would have had to recruit more than two O-Linemen per year to achieve a “solid passing game.” That still doesn’t equal “elite.” His red zone failures never resolved.

15 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

So your observation is not really a knock. But you really should get that irritating rash looked at. It makes you way too crotchety. 

I must have missed you scolding the Freeze character assassins the first 48 hours after his hire. Must have been too plentiful to chase them all down.

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

Colorado can’t get any worse. Playing with house money. 

Prime will be a SEC HC within 5 years.

Unless Freeze contacts another hussy, he’ll still be at AU in 5 years. Why? Because Rane can tolerate “solid” seasons as long as he beats Saban once every 3 years. Saban is 4-6 at JH.

Maybe. I do think the best timing was now and that he’d be an elite level, scare the hell out of Kirby jump start. The one valid ds negative speculation I heard over the past months is his long term motivation.  In 4-5 years will he still want to be doing 7/24 recruiting? Most coaches are money-driven and that’s irrelevant to ds. Will he still be  passion motivated in the same way in his 60’s? Not sure. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Maybe. I do think the best timing was now and that he’d be an elite level, scare the hell out of Kirby jump start. The one valid ds negative speculation I heard over the past months is his long term motivation.  In 4-5 years will he still want to be doing 7/24 recruiting? Most coaches are money-driven and that’s irrelevant to ds. Will he still be  passion motivated in the same way in his 60’s? Not sure. 

Saban is what? 70? Arguably just landed his best class ever. Prime is just as motivated as Saban & Kirby to be the best.

Father Time catches everyone, mentally, physically or both. Prime has already had a major physical setback, overcame it and didn’t miss a beat. As long as his mind stays intact, I see no slowing down in him. 

15 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Can someone please tell me when Deion was added to the Staff?  Asking for a friend.    

Kirby too. I’ll hang up and listen. 

1 hour ago, CCTAU said:

Doubtful. 

Gus ran scripts. Scripts are fine when they work, but good coaching adjusts. Gus was plan A and then hope we can hold on to whatever lead we have. Gus was can't covert 3rd and 2 because you're running a sweep already 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Gus was top position players not wanting to be at Auburn because they don't run "the scheme" in the NFL and Auburn players aren't getting drafted. 

Hugh also runs script and scheme. I hope he's not Gus 2.0 because we don't have enough NIL money to offset the name "Auburn" not getting called on draft day. 

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

To change the historical status quo we needed to go non traditional au

This is what I've been saying. Auburn tries to counter teams that dominate by going around them, not through them. Small ball will only get us so far. Gus was small ball. I'm hoping what Hugh is doing proves bigger than that.