This Guy Would Beat Biden

TexasTiger

Honestly I hate Hobby Lobby. It's like the merchandise is silently judging me. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

There is still over a year and half before primaries. Trump has plenty of time to stick his foot in his mouth.  It depends on the competition or are you just resigned to a Trump candidacy?  It’s secretly what you want anyway.

Trump has been demonstrating his unfitness for the presidency before he even thought about running for the office.  And he will continue demonstrating it until he dies, so this has nothing to do with timing.

This is about the Republican party and how they have prostituted whatever principles and integrity they have for the sake of the votes that Trump delivers to them.  And I don't see that changing in any significant way.  All I see is a little squirming, equivocating and keeping silent - in addition to a large segment of MAGA crazies (deplorables) who remain "all in".

And yes, I hope he continues to run.  I've never been "secret" about that. :rolleyes:

I have nothing but contempt for all Republicans, excepting the "never Trump" ones.  I hope Trump destroys them as a party. 

The country needs a respectable conservative party but I don't want it to evolve out of Trumpism - or the current "right wing" - as entertaining as that can be. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Hershel’s political career is over before he was even elected.  Trump took a big hit by backing such a candidate and basically telling Georgia Republicans not to vote in the special election in January of 2021.  Can you provide a quote that Trump make akin to slavery and putting black people back in bondage?

Yes, I am lost yet I still get to vote.

Did you notice how many people voted for him?

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Did you notice how many people voted for him?

Yes, I did.  He lost, I don’t expect him to run for anything in the future.  I don’t expect Trump to win the primary so Hershel will not be heard from again in the political realm.

18 minutes ago, homersapien said:

The country needs a respectable conservative party but I don't want it to evolve out of Trumpism - or the current "right wing" - as entertaining as that can be. 

If by *respectable conservative party* you mean a party that will resist, but ultimately cave to left wing ideology, well that ship has sailed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If by *respectable conservative party* you mean a party that will resist, but ultimately cave to left wing ideology, well that ship has sailed.

Naw, more like a conservative party who rejects leaders who reject election outcomes, incite seditious riots, and disavow the constitution.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Naw, more like a conservative party who rejects leaders who reject election outcomes, incite seditious riots, and disavow the constitution.

That’s coming, you just have to be patient.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Hershel’s political career is over before he was even elected.

HE. WAS. ALMOST. ELECTED. A. SENATOR.

It's not like he was running for treasurer of the local PTA.

So why did you focus on Herschel Walker in your rebuttal, rather than Trump, who was the main focus of my response?

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Trump took a big hit by backing such a candidate and basically telling Georgia Republicans not to vote in the special election in January of 2021.

You're just going to ignore the fact that he became the most powerful person in the world despite all the things he said before January of 2021?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don't forget who Mitt is at his core.  He is still the same guy who said, "You can't do anything for 45% of Americans".

Mitt is nowhere near the political left.  Not even a little bit.  Mitt is just the only guy in history to put country over party/ideology in an impeachment vote.

John Kasich is much more of a centrist Republican.

49 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Don't forget who Mitt is at his core.  He is still the same guy who said, "You can't do anything for 45% of Americans".

A point here: I never agreed with the attack on Mitt in regards to this. I thought his point was intentionally misconstrued .

Because he's always been wealthy, Mitt is somewhat out of touch with what the average person goes through, but I have never had the impression that he doesn't care about or gives up on people.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

A point here: I never agreed with the attack on Mitt in regards to this. I thought his point was intentionally misconstrued .

Because he's always been wealthy, Mitt is somewhat out of touch with what the average person goes through, but I have never had the impression that he doesn't care about or gives up on people.

Perhaps.  However, given his history, his family history, I would have to disagree.  I think it is that same old attitude that poor people deserve to be poor.   I just can't spin, "you can't help them", any other way.

4 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Perhaps.  However, given his history, his family history, I would have to disagree.  I think it is that same old attitude that poor people deserve to be poor.   I just can't spin, "you can't help them", any other way.

Actually, I just went back and looked at the full transcript, and it's different from what I remember (or perhaps I read an edited version at the time?). Yeah, it's worse than I recall. He didn't actually say "you can't help them," but he did reference the entire 47% as feeling they were entitled to certain things. What I remembered was him just saying there were 47% that he would never be able to convince to vote for him. I was wrong.

I still think he's a good man, but I'm glad you pointed it out for me to review. I think some of it was him playing to his audience, but that doesn't excuse it.

1 minute ago, Leftfield said:

Actually, I just went back and looked at the full transcript, and it's different from what I remember (or perhaps I read an edited version at the time?). Yeah, it's worse than I recall. He didn't actually say "you can't help them," but he did reference the entire 47% as feeling they were entitled to certain things. What I remembered was him just saying there were 47% that he would never be able to convince to vote for him. I was wrong.

I still think he's a good man, but I'm glad you pointed it out for me to review. I think some of it was him playing to his audience, but that doesn't excuse it.

Well, if memory serves, he was at a big fundraiser.  So, playing to the audience makes sense.

I don't know if I would call him a good man by normal standards.  However, by political standards, I might call him a great man.