Auburn vs Memphis

gravejd

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

If something doesn’t change, we’re going to lose quite a few games. This is so discouraging. 

Yep

i didn’t think we were as good as some thought but I agree this has discouraged me more than I wanted.  

We have no go to offense, and our bigs are not rebounding. I have no idea how you can play ball all your life and shoot this bad. And Memphis is playing lights out and can shoot. This is gonna get uglier.

Chance missing so much time to injury really hurts us. Wendell isn't great but there's a big drop off when he's out of the game at the 1. Broome has looked like he's going to have a rough go at it in SEC play 

• Like 2

Our big men are not aggressive at all.. We don't have a dominant offensive weapon... We won't make much noise come March Madness I'm afraid..

None of this is really a surprise after what we have seen this year. 
1) we can’t shoot - there are no shooters on this team 

2) westry is not a point guard 

3 broom has been passive and is not the player we all thought he would be at this point. Coach called him out after last game on the radio for good reason. 

4) all we have is defense. If we do t play defense well, we will lose by dd 

5) Over the last few seasons this offense is basically 1v1 and there is no movement at all. Without shooters this offense does not work 

6) we never have fast break points. Other teams have realized we can’t shoot so they always get back. 

7) oh, and we need shooters

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

Our big men are not aggressive at all.. We don't have a dominant offensive weapon... We won't make much noise come March Madness I'm afraid..

That’s bold of you to assume we even make the tourney. If this is what we’re going to look like against teams with a pulse, we’re ******. 

Team really needs to address gaping holes in the off-season. Confused why they weren't addressed after last year, seeing most of then existed then too. Just had Smith and Kessler to hide some of them. Havent had a shooter since 2019. Have missed on a lot of recruits. Bruce needs great players to be successful due to the lack of actual x's and o's. This isn't going to be a good year. We do not have good guard play at all. Need to completely overhaul the roster at the end of this season. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

That’s bold of you to assume we even make the tourney. If this is what we’re going to look like against teams with a pulse, we’re ******. 

I believe our guards are just good enough to get us to the tourney... Broome is very good, but not aggressive enough.. Treore just looks like he does not know how to play basketball yet

2 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

Team really needs to address gaping holes in the off-season. Confused why they weren't addressed after last year, seeing most of then existed then too. Just had Smith and Kessler to hide some of them. Havent had a shooter since 2019. Have missed on a lot of recruits. Bruce needs great players to be successful due to the lack of actual x's and o's. This isn't going to be a good year. We do not have good guard play at all. Need to completely overhaul the roster at the end of this season. 

THIS