Does anyone have this data from past coaching staff changes?

81spacetiger

I was trying to fill in this matrix and ran into a wall, can anyone help with missing fields?

image.png

I am guessing at the 2023 A day game.  

Probably a deeper dive into the recruiting class would be useful to see who in each class would go on to play a meaningful role would be needed to appreciate the quality of the incoming class.

Edited by 81spacetiger
delete duplicate matrix

Auburn can have a 15+ Ranked recruiting class this year!

And if….

If Auburn can land McCall we should have an 8-9 win season!

Edited by AUY2K

46 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

And if….

It would be nice, but a more realistic pick is 6-6 in regular season with a win in a bowl game.  Maybe we can get to 7-5 if we get a good QB as the starter (could be RA, but more likely a transfer portal QB); win a bowl game and we finish 8-5.   I would really be surprised if we could win more than 7 in the regular season given our many needs on the O and D side.

• Like 2

Er, it looks like you're maybe looking for Transfer Portal data before it existed? Transfer existed but MUCH more limited, pre portal. The other missong data is future stats, yes?

12 hours ago, AUY2K said:

And if….

No way to know until team is completely set.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 81spacetiger said:

It would be nice, but a more realistic pick is 6-6 in regular season with a win in a bowl game.  Maybe we can get to 7-5 if we get a good QB as the starter (could be RA, but more likely a transfer portal QB); win a bowl game and we finish 8-5.   I would really be surprised if we could win more than 7 in the regular season given our many needs on the O and D side.

We've got three gimme' games plus Vandy and Cal. That should be five wins right there. As noted above, it's too early to predict anything until the recruiting is finished but eight regular season wins could be well within reach.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1

Correct CBH bowl loss - Thanks DKW 86 for catching this error. I also fixed Gus's 1st year run.

I'm only looking to capture transfer portal info going forward as there really wasn't anything like it before (so I greyed out the other cells) AUCANUCKTIGER

I think we only have 3 wins that are very likely - see blue items, I see 3 highly likely losses (red).  The other 6 are up for grabs.  Who we get between now and fall to include a good QB and several OL and DL will determine how successful we might be.  History would suggest we are likely to be around 6-6 which might be good enough for a bowl bid.  If our O cannot produce points, then we're likely to finish below .500 again.

image.png

• Like 1