Muskism

AURex

14 hours ago, arein0 said:

So are you saying you would leave the pictures up and arrest him? I would agree with arresting him, but you have to also take down (censor) his post because like you said it leaving it up encourages more. I know if someone posted something like that here and it wasnt taken down, I would stop coming to this site.

If the pictures violate the law then yes take them down.  In that sense you are not sensoring the perp, the law is.  The problem arises with the current situation where the posts do not violate the law, but they conflict with powerful politicians, platform owners, and other media who fear the loss of power and influence if the questionable content is believed by a reader.

On 12/17/2022 at 3:46 PM, homersapien said:

What if a cabal of pedophiles starts using your site to post photos - and addresses - of children?

Going to "censor" them?

No dude…that’s called breaking the law. Use some common sense 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 12/18/2022 at 12:25 PM, jj3jordan said:

But that is the answer. Like a typical liberal you fail to address the problem. Censoring the pervert is not the answer. The problem is that he exists. Censoring just makes more perverts want to post. Eliminate the problem at the origin. Start throwing them in prison and eventually you run out of perverts.

My point wasn't what should be ultimately done with perverts. It was about whether or not you should immediately censor them.  :-\ 

It's about whether or not one can host a (commercial) site without some level of moderation (censorship).

So, like a typical conservative you totally missed the point. :rolleyes:

And really, "censoring just makes more perverts want to post"?  That makes a lot of sense........ not.

Edited by homersapien

19 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

You are going to bring a cabal of pedophiles? 😁

I got rid of the overboard-moderators. I got rid of a troll from NY that also probably hacked the site one day. 

If they are affecting the site, sure. You only have so many trolls. But moderating for content is always BS.

Strictly speaking, deleting such posts is censorship.

What about people promoting anti-semitism or threatening homosexuals (for a different example)?

After all, that's "content" also.

Edited by homersapien

On 12/15/2022 at 9:41 PM, AURex said:

Muskism is the new Trumpism.

No doubt there is Musk Derangement Syndrome. Thanks for pointing it out!

On 12/17/2022 at 11:42 AM, homersapien said:

Hear that Titan? 

You're either anti-democratic and/or too stupid to "inflict your opinion on others".  :rolleyes:

Titan? WTH?

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 3:10 PM, DKW 86 said:

And you make my points for me.

What is "common sense moderation" today becomes outrageous censorship when the other side comes back into power. 

Better to leave it all alone and not empower anyone NOW nor in the FUTURE. 

Free Speech for everyone. 

Well, maybe I misunderstand your point.  I thought you were advocating for sites with no moderation at all (absolute free speech).  I am arguing that is not practical.

NO censorship ("ANY" censorship as you put it") may sound principled in theory, but it will not work in practice - at least if you want to attract a community of reasoned posters - not to mention advertisers.

If you are fine with attracting crazy people, perverts, anarchists, nazis, white supremacists, etc. then have at it. 

Go ahead and allow "free speech" for everyone.  But to suggest that's possible for large commercial hosting sites is fantasy - as Musk's Twitter continues to demonstrate in real time.

IMO The term "free speech" is also being taken out of context, which is why we have cesspool sites on the internet - the government can't prevent or stop them. 

But if you want to establish a forum for sane, reasonable people, you are going to have to moderate it.   Show me such a site that isn't moderated.

Now you may want to argue bias in that moderation, but that's a different subject than moderation vs. no moderation ("free speech" ).

Edited by homersapien

3 hours ago, aubaseball said:

No dude…that’s called breaking the law. Use some common sense 

Dude, that's a irrelevant diversion.

So, report it to the police before moderating (censoring) them from your site. :-\   

The point is, you are probably going to censor them. (Or at least anyone with "common sense" and decency would.)

Edited by homersapien

20 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Got whiplash reading that. You moderate non-content. Hacks, Trolls, Bots, etc. Content? leave it alone.

The one and only thing Rush Limbaugh ever got right was this: When someone is making a fool out of themselves, get out of the way, let them crash and burn. 

I got rid of the mods for censoring EVERYTHING. They were childlike in their actions. Petty, bitchy, etc.

You need to explain what you mean by non-content vs. content. 

Content is content. 

An elaborate thesis on why Jews are a "threat to the rest of us" - or even a thesis justifying pedophilia is content no less than a thesis on why Republicans (or Democrats) are a "threat to the rest of us".  Hell, simple gratuitous insults are "content".

More to the point, you readily admit that you are making a determination of what is "content" and what isn't. Every moderator (or "censor") on every moderated forum determines what is acceptable content and what is not, according to their own criteria, just like you are doing.

So proclaiming "no censorship" as your policy for your website doesn't reflect actual reality, as long as you are allowing or removing content based on whatever criteria you establish.

It's simply false. 

As is the claim you are allowing "free speech", if free speech assumes one can post anything they want on your forum without it being subject to removal.

(And I thought the subject article made this quite clear.  I don't understand what you found so confusing about it ("whiplash").  Perhaps you'd like to share whatever sentences or paragraphs gave you "whiplash"?)

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Dude, that's a irrelevant diversion.

So, report it to the police before moderating (censoring) them from your site. :-\   

The point is, you are probably going to censor them. (Or at least anyone with "common sense" and decency would.)

I don’t think it’s called censorship when you have illegal content.   If you didn’t remove it, you could be held accountable as well.    

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

What about people promoting anti-semitism or threatening homosexuals (for a different example)?

Deleted that stuff all day. 

They were moderating things like: “I don’t like so and so.” Posted up a bunch of extremely repetitive, poorly thought out gay jokes. It was on every thread on the Football Forum. 20:20 threads. It was stuff that was not content on a football forum. Nothing to do with the forum. 

We had people posting their opinion on a forum being moderated on their valid opinions. I might not like it but it was opinion. That was wrong. If everyone is only allowed one opinion then no one will ever show up to talk. You can’t bore your customers. You can’t pissoff your customers. Drama should be about content, not about the forum, moderation, extracurricular BS. 

Tex et al could argue with me all they want. They never got moderated. Hell I made most of my opponents mods. Now if the commentary is about unfair moderation then there is likely a problem. 

The less moderation the better, always. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

On 12/17/2022 at 3:46 PM, homersapien said:

What if a cabal of pedophiles starts using your site to post photos - and addresses - of children?

Going to "censor" them?

I've been working in the field of child abuse and trafficking for 15 years.  Give me a link to a cabal or some reputable source showing us a cabal.

Waiting!

• Facepalm 1

Seems like the “cabal of pedophiles” arguement is going to the extreme fringe to prove a point - kind of like incest to justify abortion.   It isn’t censorship when a law is violated.   Also, there is the huge gray area of public forum vs private business vs government infringement - not an easy line to hold for any business / forum / site   

On the other hand, I think the even bigger issue over the partisan censorship at Twitter is the partisan influence of influencing the information flow about the very legitimate story regarding the Hunter Biden laptop    The FBI was already in full possession of the laptop and literally suppressed the story and attempted to label it as Russian disinformation.   That is the real story, yet no one really seems to be investigating it, yet   

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

IMO while deleting and reporting one for illegal activity or posts on a forum is still a form on censorship....it belongs in a different bucket. There is a massive difference between having a pedophile post illegal stuff and deleting someone or someone's post because you do not agree. 

Have a TOC and list out what is and isn't tolerated or allowed. Stick to that as your guide. This site does a great job on keeping illegal content from be posted, but some have gone to the extreme to try to censor some when they do not agree on something worthy of discussion. It is almost childlike in some cases and reminds me of a 10 year old hall monitor on a power trip when they lose an argument. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/19/2022 at 11:43 PM, AURex said:

I've been working in the field of child abuse and trafficking for 15 years.  Give me a link to a cabal or some reputable source showing us a cabal.

Waiting!

ca·bal
/kəˈbäl,kəˈbal/

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1

On 12/20/2022 at 6:38 PM, homersapien said:

Can you show us the posts on this forum where these cabals were presented in a positive light? 

You can go back past 2008 in case you make your point.

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Can you show us the posts on this forum where these cabals were presented in a positive light? 

You can go back past 2008 in case you make your pointI.

I have no idea what you are talking about :dunno:

On 12/19/2022 at 1:38 PM, homersapien said:

No, it isnt content when the "content" is in the forum name. 

IE: Ruining every thread with an avalanche of BAD gay jokes in the FOOTBALL forum.

Tell us, What forum is for the bad, humorless, monotonous gay jokes?

Over Your Head GIFs | Tenor

Edited by DKW 86

On 12/17/2022 at 3:15 PM, DKW 86 said:

If there are NHB Pics i personally dont care, and I wouldnt stop anyone from viewing nor posting them. 

Free Speech...

It’s all over the Chinese and Russian inter webs lol 

On 12/22/2022 at 7:50 PM, DKW 86 said:

Nice dodge...

He’s the Hemi powered Hellcat. 

• Haha 2