SEC in Bowl Games

AURex

Back to Ole Miss and TT. Bet that's a shootout. Full of analytics and crazy plays 😄 

Edited by AUBwins

This dude went for it on his own 11...so glad he is not at Auburn..

Edited by DAG
even if converted
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Glad we don't have Kiffen.  His 4th down 💩 would drive me crazy.  0 for 3 already on 4th down, goes for it on his own 11 yard line.  Barely converts that one.   Then they throw a Pick lol

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Same thoughts lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

Has no business being a head coach. 

Needs somebody like little Nicky to keep him from being stupid 

On one hand, it's funny to see OM overpay, but please tell me Thornton isn't still coaching there?

(He's already an improvement over Friend and JB in my eyes, mind you!)

Edited by AUwent

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

On one hand, it's funny to see OM overpay, but please tell me Thornton isn't still coaching there?

Nope.

Losing Thornton has been a death knell for Kiffen's offense

5 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Nope.

Losing Thornton has been a death knell for Kiffen's offense

IDK. Naturally all of their fans are crowing about how happy they are to be rid of him, but I have zero idea what to make of that (on one hand they went from being so happy to be rid of Kiffin to boasting about how much better a job they were for keeping him, on the other hand see Boise fans and Harsin).

Hahahahaha, Texas Tech just returned an onside kick for a touchdown against Ole Miss. That was beautiful.

Ole Miss struggled to sorta get back in the game. They scored to make it 35-25, and went for 2. LK  whines to the ref about pass interference (it was), after the conversion fails, then they give up a TD on the onside kick.  Comedy gold.

Edited by Cardin Drake

Ole Miss drives down and winds up giving up an interception in the end zone Final 42-25.   Bowl games always favor the team that is happy to be there, and in this case it was Texas Tech.  Kiffen takes the beat down, smiles and heads home to count his cash.

Edited by Cardin Drake

On 12/17/2022 at 8:12 PM, Gowebb11 said:

That ‘88 defense was nasty in a great way. 

I've heard Coach Dye several times say that his 1988 team was right there with his 1983 team. He said people always mention that 1983 team as being the true National Champion's for that season but people always sleep on the 1988 team. Coach said he still thinks his 1988 squad could've and should've won that National Title. 

I believe we were 10-2 and SEC Champs that season. WDE

• Like 1

Ole Miss was 7-0, ranked #7 in the country and leading 17-3 in Baton Rouge.

They end up getting curb stomped in that LSU game that they led, they lose to both of their rivals, they get smoked in a mid level bowl game, they lose their last 4 games and 5 of their last 6. They also paid Lane Kiffin a stupid amount of money to be their coach for many years to come. His buyout right now is $54 million dollars!! 

Oh, they lost their 5 star QB recruit, Marcel Reed, to Jimbo and Texas A&M, they lost their O-Line coach Jake Thornton to us (OM ranked 1st in SEC rushing at 261 ypg this year. They couldn't run at all tonight and this was the first game without Jake Thornton for them) we also flipped a lineman from them in recruiting. 

Remember when they were 7-0 and their fanbase and media kept saying "Kiffin will be the first OM coach to have back to back 10 win seasons" ? Remember when their showdown with Alabama was going to decide the SEC West? At the end of the day, they're still a Mississippi school and always will be. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Ole Miss was 7-0, ranked #7 in the country and leading 17-3 in Baton Rouge.

They end up getting curb stomped in that LSU game that they led, they lose to both of their rivals, they get smoked in a mid level bowl game, they lose their last 4 games and 5 of their last 6. They also paid Lane Kiffin a stupid amount of money to be their coach for many years to come. His buyout right now is $54 million dollars!! 

Oh, they lost their 5 star QB recruit, Marcel Reed, to Jimbo and Texas A&M, they lost their O-Line coach Jake Thornton to us (OM ranked 1st in SEC rushing at 261 ypg this year. They couldn't run at all tonight and this was the first game without Jake Thornton for them) we also flipped a lineman from them in recruiting. 

Remember when they were 7-0 and their fanbase and media kept saying "Kiffin will be the first OM coach to have back to back 10 win seasons" ? Remember when their showdown with Alabama was going to decide the SEC West? At the end of the day, they're still a Mississippi school and always will be. 

🥶

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I've heard Coach Dye several times say that his 1988 team was right there with his 1983 team. He said people always mention that 1983 team as being the true National Champion's for that season but people always sleep on the 1988 team. Coach said he still thinks his 1988 squad could've and should've won that National Title. 

I believe we were 10-2 and SEC Champs that season. WDE

Then we shouldn't have blown games to LSU and FSU.  Offense couldn't get the job done in either game.

1988 was a really GOOD team, but not a great one.  And it wasn't as good as the 83 team.  Had that team showed up for the first half of the Texas game, they probably would have had an undefeated season.  UT stopped them stone cold for a half.  No one else did that until Michigan in the Sugar Bowl.

So, the result of yesterday's bowl games featuring SEC teams --

Arkansas 55, Kansas 53
Texas Tech 42, Ole Miss 25

And for those still interested in Bo, Oregon pulled it outta their arse with a 28-27 win over UNC. An excellent game. Fun to watch.

And Duke beat the scrambling Malzahns 30-13.

14 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

In rather unrelated news, how much longer before the natives begin to get restless in Orlando??

Gus laid his annual bowl game egg.

Its happening already but he's safe for now

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Did you miss the 2021 Iron Bowl?

I did as I didn’t watch it at all.