FIU TE Rivaldo Fairweather commits to Auburn

AEAugirl

12 hours ago, AURex said:

I'm just looking at the posts prior to mine saying CHF is recruiting him as a WR. I'm just trying to understand the excitement.

Maybe don't take everything written randomly on the internet as fact?

He is a TE and will play TE (or what amounts to a TE type position in Freeze's offense). He is not being recruited to play WR.

He is 6'5 and ~250 pounds.

You should be excited because he is very athletic and unlike the guys we currently have on roster, he has actually produced some results on the field.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, metafour said:

Maybe don't take everything written randomly on the internet as fact?

He is a TE and will play TE (or what amounts to a TE type position in Freeze's offense). He is not being recruited to play WR.

He is 6'5 and ~250 pounds.

You should be excited because he is very athletic and unlike the guys we currently have on roster, he has actually produced some results on the field.

He produced a little more than Shenker did. We’re bringing him off of potential, not really from production 

10 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

He produced a little more than Shenker did. We’re bringing him off of potential, not really from production 

He had more than twice as many yards as Shenker did this past season and had more TD's than Shenker had in 5 seasons at Auburn, and Shenker is gone. Take a look at the receiving numbers for the guys actually still left in the TE room.

He is better than Shenker and has upside to boot.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

The "composite" ranking is a new one on me. Last cycle there was no such thing, so I stand corrected. How are overall and composite different?

I don’t know. I just know there are 3 tabs, recruiters ts, transfer, and overall. At least on 247 site.

11 minutes ago, metafour said:

He had more than twice as many yards as Shenker did this past season and had more TD's than Shenker had in 5 seasons at Auburn, and Shenker is gone. Take a look at the receiving numbers for the guys actually still left in the TE room.

He is better than Shenker and has upside to boot.

This could also be a data point indicator of our poor passing attack for awhile.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

The "composite" ranking is a new one on me. Last cycle there was no such thing, so I stand corrected. How are overall and composite different?

My thought was Composite is your HS class and overall is HS+Transfers. I do not know for a fact though. Can’t find a description myself.

47 minutes ago, StuckMic91 said:

My thought was Composite is your HS class and overall is HS+Transfers. I do not know for a fact though. Can’t find a description myself.

Do they give transfers new star rates or just keep originals?

4 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Do they give transfers new star rates or just keep originals?

They give them new ratings. Fairweather was a 3 star in HS he is a 4 star as a transfer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Well three coaches wouldn't let Shenker off the field when a TE was needed. So either he was too good or his replacements weren't as good. Either way, if Shenker is the baseline here, I'd think Auburn would need to have at least the same production from his replacement. 

• Zeek unpinned this topic
54 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

it is 

Lower case? Is there something we should be concerned about? When I see lower case I get worried...I feel like there is an underlying cryptic message. Its all birds fault

1 hour ago, AUnCullman said:

Lower case? Is there something we should be concerned about? When I see lower case I get worried...I feel like there is an underlying cryptic message. Its all birds fault

Just needed to check on a few things 

• Thanks 1

This could be the best tight end ever to come through AU. As long as someone can get the ball to him . Head and shoulders better than anyone in recent memory that’s came through AU

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 10:53 AM, gr82b4au said:

Well looks like it is done now. 

Dear God that choice of graphic design is horrendous for these. Who the hell signed off on the big head little body for our recent signees?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

His film looks good. Is his QB entering the portal. Every throw he caught it in stride. I am half joking and half serious.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

His film looks good. Is his QB entering the portal. Every throw he caught it in stride. I am half joking and half serious.

Watching other QBs play, even at average and mediocre teams and programs, and comparing them to our own QB play glaringly shows how bad our QB performance and QB coaching has been. It’s sad. 

• Like 2

On 12/29/2022 at 3:41 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

I was waiting to see some "Great plays" early on in the video because everything hit him where it should.  Then started seeing some contested and "Moss'd" catches and was like: Ok, I like what I see.  He has great open speed for a TE though.  Can definitely see the mold of an Isaiah Likely for example.