Bo Nix back to Oregon for 5th year

gr82b4au

This is pretty shocking. Let’s get Bo Nix to transfer to Auburn! 🤣😂🤷‍♂️ He is an Auburn legacy. What a bizzaro world that would be.

Honestly I think he wants to wipe off the stench of Harsin during his time at Auburn, make that time an even more distant memory, and improve his draft stock. I don’t blame him for that, but I don’t know that he’ll beat his performance from this year. I think he was just on the cusp of going to the Heisman ceremony. 

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, e808 said:

I saw that he was the 10th best qb in the draft. Still surprised he came back.

Yeah, especially that Dilly left and he’ll have his…4th OC in 5 years?

• Like 1

"There's nothing like a Saturday in Autzen Stadium, in front of the best fans in college football," Nix said. "There's nothing like being an Oregon Duck. For 2023, I'm back."

I guess another year like he had this season will help his draft stock.  I hope he does well in front of the best fans in college football, funny, I thought that was us!

18 minutes ago, 81spacetiger said:

"There's nothing like a Saturday in Autzen Stadium, in front of the best fans in college football," Nix said. "There's nothing like being an Oregon Duck. For 2023, I'm back."

I guess another year like he had this season will help his draft stock.  I hope he does well in front of the best fans in college football, funny, I thought that was us!

I for one wish he was with us.

• Like 1

Wish he was here too. I’m sure he is not without fault but seeing your career being wasted with the s#%^show that was the Bryan Harsin era would make anyone want to leave. Staying at UO another year is a sign of loyalty and wanting to meet a team goal. Kudos to you Bo!!!

• Like 6

It would be great if he would transfer back so he can really play in front of the best fans in college football.  He would not only raise his draft stock in the Freeze offense he would get the chance to be the Auburn man who sent Saban into retirement.  

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

It would be great if he would transfer back so he can really play in front of the best fans in college football.  He would not only raise his draft stock in the Freeze offense he would get the chance to be the Auburn man who sent Saban into retirement.  

A pipe dream, but yeah I hear you. 👍

3 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

Isn’t there two 5 star QBs sitting behind Bo??? 

5* QB recruit has flipped from Oregon to UCLA

.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/breaking-5-star-quarterback-dante-moore-flips-commitment/ar-AA15syHj?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=ca234e514b58464aaa040202f94e48f9

8 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Imagine having to say, "There's nothing like being an Oregon Duck" with a straight face

Agreed. In his defense, I’m sure he’s been much more appreciated at Oregon than Auburn

• Like 3

Good for him.  I don't think he was great at AU by any stretch and made bad decisions even when Harsin actually did something right but under Gus and Hars, we criminally under-developed QBs.  I think Freeze could've worked miracles with Bo.

Good luck to him.  I'm happy with Robby.  By all accounts he's a better teammate

• Like 1

All in all, I'm really happy for Bo. If his end goal is to get to the NFL, then he made the right decision. I'm anxious to see him perform without Kenny Dillingham. His best 2 years in college were both with Dillingham as his OC and QB coach, 2019 and 2022. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Years from now when I look back at Bo's time here at Auburn, I'll remember the good times!! 

Beating Oregon in his 1st collegiate game ever. It was a primetime game and Bo was only a few months out of high school. 

Beating Alabama 48-45, also in his true freshman season. 

In 2021, he quiet literally beat LSU by himself. It was Auburn's first win in Baton Rouge since 1999. Bo helped Auburn beat LSU in back to back seasons. 

For Bo to have played behind a terrible O-Line all 3 years he was at Auburn, he did pretty damn good. He was hurt against Mississippi St. in 2021 while we were up like 28-3. The wheels absolutely came off when he got injured. We gave up 40 unanswered points and lost that game as well as every game after that. Then we go 5-7 this season without him. 

I just feel like he was quiet a bit better than we give him credit for and this season at Oregon, he showed what he is capable of. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Duder said:

Good for him.  I don't think he was great at AU by any stretch and made bad decisions even when Harsin actually did something right but under Gus and Hars, we criminally under-developed QBs.  I think Freeze could've worked miracles with Bo.

Good luck to him.  I'm happy with Robby.  By all accounts he's a better teammate

That's the nice way of putting it. I'd say we destroyed promising high school quarterbacks' future careers with the abysmal QB "development" we've had over the past decade. But that's just me. 

5 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Years from now when I look back at Bo's time here at Auburn, I'll remember the good times!! 

Beating Oregon in his 1st collegiate game ever. It was a primetime game and Bo was only a few months out of high school. 

Beating Alabama 48-45, also in his true freshman season. 

In 2021, he quiet literally beat LSU by himself. It was Auburn's first win in Baton Rouge since 1999. Bo helped Auburn beat LSU in back to back seasons. 

For Bo to have played behind a terrible O-Line all 3 years he was at Auburn, he did pretty damn good. He was hurt against Mississippi St. in 2021 while we were up like 28-3. The wheels absolutely came off when he got injured. We gave up 40 unanswered points and lost that game as well as every game after that. Then we go 5-7 this season without him. 

I just feel like he was quiet a bit better than we give him credit for and this season at Oregon, he showed what he is capable of. 

The constant calls by self proclaimed football gurus to bench him in favor of Gatewood then Finley were enough for me to excuse him for leaving. Now the subsequent success of those two seem to faded out. 
      Still, the most puzzling claim that was thrown around here was the “just because who his daddy is “ bullsheyt. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alexava said:

The constant calls by self proclaimed football gurus to bench him in favor of Gatewood then Finley were enough for me to excuse him for leaving. Now the subsequent success of those two seem to faded out. 
      Still, the most puzzling claim that was thrown around here was the “just because who his daddy is “ bullsheyt. 

You nailed it!! Certain people on here swore up and down Gatewood was better than Bo and was just being relegated to backup QB because of stupid reasons that obviously weren't true. 

Well, Gatewood has moved around to other schools and still hasn't done anything. I guess those head coaches had agendas as well, which makes zero sense because they brought him onto their team. You can fit Gatewood's entire collegiate highlight reel into an 8 second clip. 

But some here will never admit they were wrong about Gatewood vs Bo. And throw in Finley vs Bo as well. 

6 hours ago, AUINSY said:

That's the nice way of putting it. I'd say we destroyed promising high school quarterbacks' future careers with the abysmal QB "development" we've had over the past decade. But that's just me. 

Truth.  Can anybody name one QB in the past 10 years who was better when they left than when they arrived?  
As for Bo, with an average OLine and blocking schemes that make sense he could have done great things at Auburn.  He proved at Oregon that he has talent. 

• Like 2