just a friendly reminder

aubiefifty

when i said sonny dykes would be a great head coach folks laughed at me for mentioning it. i heard all the excuses.the main one was his schools he coached at are too small as he would never succeed with the big boys. i remember a couple of you but not all so since you professionals are probably realizing he has his team in the natty. so come get some crow boys as you know who you are ..........grins. and this of course is in fun..................

• Like 5

I didn't comment on Dykes one way or the other but I'm hoping them-there Baptists win it all. That UGA game was depressing last night.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

I didn't comment on Dykes one way or the other but I'm hoping them-there Baptists win it all. That UGA game was depressing last night.

Not Baptist Mikey. TCU is affiliated with the Christian Church(Disciples of Christ).

5 hours ago, cctiger said:

Not Baptist Mikey. TCU is affiliated with the Christian Church(Disciples of Christ).

Live and learn! I thought it was a Baptist school. As you may discern, I'm not too up on the religious affiliations. I am pretty sure Notre Dame is a Catholic outfit but beyond that I wouldn't bet any money. :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

when i said sonny dykes would be a great head coach folks laughed at me for mentioning it. i heard all the excuses.the main one was his schools he coached at are too small as he would never succeed with the big boys. i remember a couple of you but not all so since you professionals are probably realizing he has his team in the natty. so come get some crow boys as you know who you are ..........grins. and this of course is in fun..................

I know Sonny will never leave the State.

He and his dad are/we're great coaches

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Live and learn! I thought it was a Baptist school. As you may discern, I'm not too up on the religious affiliations. I am pretty sure Notre Dame is a Catholic outfit but beyond that I wouldn't bet any money. :)

You may be thinking of Baylor. If i'm not mistaking, it is affiliated with the Baptists. As much as a Federally funded school can be I guess. Maybe Liberty as well. Cant think of any other. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

I know Sonny will never leave the State.

He and his dad are/we're great coaches

Didn't Sonny coach at Cal pretty recently? I remember his Dad Spike. They seem like good people.

4 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Didn't Sonny coach at Cal pretty recently? I remember his Dad Spike. They seem like good people.

Yeah, after TT sometime...I think about 10 years ago

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yeah, after TT sometime...I think about 10 years ago

Yeah I just looked at his wikipedia page. He was at La. Tech for 3 years and then went to Cal for 4 years. They fired him and he took the SMU job and now at TCU. Sonny improves his teams records every year. He fell off from year 3 to year 4 at Cal and they fired him. Other than that, he has improved every season at every school he has coached. 

• Like 2