🐎 Auburn Equestrian 🐎

AUBwins

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have no way to prove it but i was told my grandfather taught horseback riding when he retired from the military. he was in the calvary and fought in WW1. i did not know they still had them at that time.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

I have no way to prove it but i was told my grandfather taught horseback riding when he retired from the military. he was in the calvary and fought in WW1. i did not know they still had them at that time.

Sure they used horses in WW1. There was an old retired army guy who worked the parts bin when I was an aircraft mechanic in the Air Force. He had been in the horse cavalry but quite a while after WW1 was over.

Then there's the story of Sergeant Reckless, a bonafide horse-hero of the Korean war. https://www.thewarhorsememorial.org/100-hero-horses/22-sergeant-reckless

• Like 2

On 2/18/2024 at 11:08 AM, Mikey said:

Sure they used horses in WW1. There was an old retired army guy who worked the parts bin when I was an aircraft mechanic in the Air Force. He had been in the horse cavalry but quite a while after WW1 was over.

Then there's the story of Sergeant Reckless, a bonafide horse-hero of the Korean war. https://www.thewarhorsememorial.org/100-hero-horses/22-sergeant-reckless

I knew nothing about that. To steal a line from our youth. "That was Super Cool"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another close one against SMU:

27 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Darn it...I guess the days of total domination are over.  Wonder if it has anything to do with the coach retiring or if other schools are just getting more serious about the sport.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Golden Eagle said:

Darn it...I guess the days of total domination are over.  Wonder if it has anything to do with the coach retiring or if other schools are just getting more serious about the sport.

SMU beat us last November 12-8 in Dallas.  A better showing today, but still lost the match. We are going after #6 in a row of SEC Championships, but haven’t won a National since 2019.

Auburn Equestrian

@AuburnEQ

NCAA Div. I equestrian program- '19, ‘18, ‘16, '13, '11, '06 National Champs; ‘23, '22, '21, '20, ‘19, ‘16, '11, '10, '04 SEC Champs

• Thanks 1

Interesting moment at the meet yesterday.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Interesting moment at the meet yesterday.

I've stayed on with worse horse behavior and come off with less bad behavior. No matter how good the rider is, you're never 100% in control of a horse. The second part is, when you do come off, it hurts! Glad this ended with no injuries.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Auburn advances to the SEC Championsip by beating UGA;

• Like 4
  • Love 1