Incompetent Administration

Son of A Tiger

I was almost there earlier but after the balloon fiasco, I now think that from top to bottom this is the most incompetent administration in the last 75 years or so. I guess the Nixon administration comes close. I think Biden has quit lying and now believes what he says and even doubles down on it. Yesterday they said there were Chinese balloons during the Trump administration. Today they had to backtrack and say that wasn't the case but there were more than the latest one since Biden became POTUS. Sadly his Press Secretary is a joke and I find it difficult to believe/trust any of them anymore. I'm sure others disagree. Just expressing my frustration.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 3
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I was almost there earlier but after the balloon fiasco, I now think that from top to bottom this is the most incompetent administration in the last 75 years or so. I guess the Nixon administration comes close. I think Biden has quit lying and now believes what he says and even doubles down on it. Yesterday they said there were Chinese balloons during the Trump administration. Today they had to backtrack and say that wasn't the case but there were more than the latest one since Biden became POTUS. Sadly his Press Secretary is a joke and I find it difficult to believe/trust any of them anymore. I'm sure others disagree. Just expressing my frustration.

If you attach that much significance to the presence of this balloon, you are obviously looking for reasons to support your already arrived at conclusions.  Nobody has backtracked much of anything.  What they did was to clarify that they have intelligence showing that, on two separate occassions, not then known by the former President, these type balloons traveled into U.S. airspace.

This isn't some grand breach of security.  The only people trying to define it as that are the right wing media machine and talking heads that need to have issues to keep their audience outraged about something.  That something can be exaggerated, manufactured or implied, but they will use it to argue that those people on the other side are evil and that their team is righteous.  If it wasn't so ridiculous, it would be hilarious.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

They absolutely tried to do the “it happened to Trump too…” excuse, ad when they realize that wasn’t going to hold water they clarified.   Hard to prove if they weren’t called to the carpet on it whether they would have clarified that comment or not.  I also find it ironic how he tried to blame the Joint Chiefs briefly saying he gave the order to shoot it down, but they didn’t.   Maybe that’s his code for saying they advised him against it - but that’s neither here nor there I guess.  This is brought to you by the same crew that orchestrated the beautiful Afghan Withdrawal.  The biggest blunder of modern US military history. 

admittedly a very tough call whichever way you go for Brandon & Co. once the balloon was located.  The latest trajectory I saw had it coming into the US from AK - hard to believe it wasn’t spotted, identified and downed in AK.  Then obviously you can’t shoot it down over Canada.  Once over CONUS, I guess I can understand the approach that this thing was the size of 2 school buses.  The real test for Brandon now begins - how to handle China.  Obviously it wasn’t a weather balloon, they could have preemptively told us that.  I guess we’ll see how beholden you China he really is…..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, GoAU said:

They absolutely tried to do the “it happened to Trump too…” excuse, ad when they realize that wasn’t going to hold water they clarified.   Hard to prove if they weren’t called to the carpet on it whether they would have clarified that comment or not.  I also find it ironic how he tried to blame the Joint Chiefs briefly saying he gave the order to shoot it down, but they didn’t.   Maybe that’s his code for saying they advised him against it - but that’s neither here nor there I guess.  This is brought to you by the same crew that orchestrated the beautiful Afghan Withdrawal.  The biggest blunder of modern US military history. 

admittedly a very tough call whichever way you go for Brandon & Co. once the balloon was located.  The latest trajectory I saw had it coming into the US from AK - hard to believe it wasn’t spotted, identified and downed in AK.  Then obviously you can’t shoot it down over Canada.  Once over CONUS, I guess I can understand the approach that this thing was the size of 2 school buses.  The real test for Brandon now begins - how to handle China.  Obviously it wasn’t a weather balloon, they could have preemptively told us that.  I guess we’ll see how beholden you China he really is…..

You are starting from a position of belief that Biden is somehow beholden to China.  If you don't start with that unproven hypothetical pushed by right wing media, the entire series of events makes much more sense.  Biden, at no point, gave an order for the balloon to be shot down that was ignored as right wing media wants to claim.  He left the decision of exactly when to shoot it down to military leadership, giving them the order to shoot it down as soon as possible without risking harm from debris.  Our intelligence and military were very clear from day 1 that this was not a weather balloon.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Tucker Carlson much?  :-\

Two strongest years of job growth in history

More than 40 million borrowers stand to benefit from student debt relief

Nearly 11 million jobs created since 2021

Taken over 100 actions to lower household energy costs by $100 per year

Helped bring gas prices down more than $1.60 from their summer 2022 peak

Signed the most significant gun violence prevention legislation in nearly 30 years

Increased the maximum value of Pell Grants by $900

3.5% unemployment rate — the lowest in 50 years

750,000 new manufacturing jobs

Near a record low unemployment rate for Hispanics

Near a record low unemployment rate for African-Americans

Record low unemployment rate for people with disabilities

Millions of Americans are saving $800 per year on health insurance coverage

$15 minimum wage for Federal workers and contractors

Fully vaccinated 79% of American adults against COVID-19

Led the world in a historic release of strategic reserves

Infrastructure investments in all 50 states, D.C., territories, and throughout Tribal nations

Over 15 million households receiving lower cost or free high-speed internet through the Affordable Connectivity Program

-----------------------
Note:
This was lifted from a white house site, so it should be taken with a grain of salt (on the spin.)  But unless you are totally biased in your perspective, they do represent actual accomplishments, along with the Democratic congress.

The one thing they didn't mention was his response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine and providing the leadership to rally the NATO alliance. (Especially considering Trump was ready to leave it.)
Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

The Biden administration is nowhere near the "most incompetent" (in our history).  That's pure uninformed hyperbole.

And actually, the Nixon administration - except for Watergate - did a lot of good things.

And actually, there were Chinese balloons in the Trump administration. (Not that it was all that big of a deal then, either.)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

This was lifted from a white house site, so it should be taken with a grain of salt

;D

https://issuesinsights.com/2023/02/06/nearly-two-thirds-say-theyre-worse-off-than-two-years-ago-ii-tipp-poll/

https://nypost.com/2023/02/05/six-lies-biden-will-tell-in-his-state-of-the-union/

Edited by AUFAN78

5 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Overreacting with a political bias is our training.

Thank you professor. SMH

50 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Not sure how accurate that is, or if I'm just in the minority, but I'm up huge from 1/1/2020 - 1/31/2023. And it wasnt from lucky picks, crypto, or options. All I did was live below my income and invest in the overall market. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

And actually, there were Chinese balloons in the Trump administration. (Not that it was all that big of a deal then, either.)

There has been ZERO PROOF of this allegation.  They didn’t provide any proof of it to Congress today either.  You take their word for it though, right?

Seems as if the prior administration denies it, Biden needs to either put up or shut up.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, homersapien said:
More than 40 million borrowers stand to benefit from student debt relief ——> and the ENTIRE NATION will suffer as a result.  Just spread those costs to everyone and reward those who made financial obligations they can’t meet - Brilliant!  

Taken over 100 actions to lower household energy costs by $100 per year ——> To include cutting production and increasing foreign dependence instead of expanding on prior energy independence- Brilliant!!!

Helped bring gas prices down more than $1.60 from their summer 2022 peak ———> A peak which he created!!  Take a look at where gas was when he took office.   How’s he doing on diesel fuel?

Signed the most significant gun violence prevention legislation in nearly 30 years —-> There is nothing he did that will prevent any violence.  He could start by prosecuting people that break current laws.  Just having MORE laws doesn’t stop those that are already breaking them.   Passing unconstitutional laws, or having his AG pass unconstitutional “rules” instead of passing laws doesn’t count either.   

Near a record low unemployment rate for Hispanics ——> and that record is held by?

Near a record low unemployment rate for African-Americans —-> and who holds the record?  

$15 minimum wage for Federal workers and contractors —-> which has been completely offset through ridiculous amounts of inflation.  The true buying power hasn’t improved at all.   

Fully vaccinated 79% of American adults against COVID-19 ——> and yet we are still in a “pandemic” why?   The “vaccine”  hasn’t proven effective in slowing the spread or protecting people from contracting the disease.  There is some sketchy correlation on reducing severity, but there isn’t enough data to prove that out.   Nor is there enough to prove or disprove side effects.  What has been proven is a lot of peoples individual rights were completely trampled.  I wonder what the stats are when you favor in the millions of illegals that have stormed across the borders without being vaccinated?  

Led the world in a historic release of strategic reserves ——> BRILLIANT- in a period as volatile as any since WW 2, with a war in Europe, China theeatening an invasion of Taiwan, and Iran and North Korea getting squirrelly again and he depleted the strategic petroleum reserve - I can’t even imagine why even Biden would consider this a good thing? 

Infrastructure investments in all 50 states, D.C., territories, and throughout Tribal nations ——> more frivolous spending using money we don’t have???   I’m all for investing in the correct infrastructure, but his plan is so full of pork it’s not even funny.  

Over 15 million households receiving lower cost or free high-speed internet through the Affordable Connectivity Program ——> “FREE????” - you mean taxpayer funded, right?   It’s not free - we’re paying for it.  

-----------------------
Note:
This was lifted from a white house site, so it should be taken with a grain of salt (on the spin.)  But unless you are totally biased in your perspective, they do represent actual accomplishments, along with the Democratic congress.

The one thing they didn't mention was his response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine and providing the leadership to rally the NATO alliance. (Especially considering Trump was ready to leave it.)  —-> To include doing what he himself said a few months ago would likely spur WW3 in giving tanks to the Ukraine.   I don’t blast Biden regularly on Ukraine as he is in a tough spot there though    

I added my rebuttals to your quote above in your quote, following the —->.  

I also not you didn’t tout:

1) His “Inflation Reduction Act (which does absolutely NOTHING to stop inflation. 

2) What a great job he’s done securing the border

3) How great he’s done stopping Fentanyl from pouring into our country and killing more people in a year than true “gun violence” does in a decade.  

Edited by GoAU

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

Not sure how accurate that is, or if I'm just in the minority, but I'm up huge from 1/1/2020 - 1/31/2023. And it wasnt from lucky picks, crypto, or options. All I did was live below my income and invest in the overall market. 

I don't think the article is referencing the stock market. :-\

46 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I don't think the article is referencing the stock market. :-\

The question is are you financially better off. Our NW and Income has drastically increased in that time period and the stock market played a big part in it. Also was able to refinance from 4.13% to 2.75%

Edited by arein0

33 minutes ago, arein0 said:

The question is are you financially better off. Our NW and Income has drastically increased in that time period and the stock market played a big part in it. Also was able to refinance from 4.13% to 2.75%

Yeah and nearly two thirds said no.

And btw, the median investment for black families is $12,000 and for Hispanic families just under $11,000. Yep, doing quite well. 

So, congrats to you?

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Yeah and nearly two thirds said no.

And btw, the median investment for black families is $12,000 and for Hispanic families just under $11,000. Yep, doing quite well. 

So, congrats to you?

If you looked at the charts in the article instead of just the headline, you would see that the Black and Hispanic responses dont follow that headline. They are actually 50/50, again not great but much better that 2/3. I originally stated I might be in the minority but am still uncertain of the validity of the results. 

And if you really wanted a potential cause to the numbers, you could look at the US Financial Literacy rate, which again not sure how accurate, but shows the same rate of illiterate as not being better off. The fact that these numbers are identical, and coupled with the fact the market has improved tells me that the issue isnt related to who is president and more so who is financially literate.

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/money-masters-financial-literacy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arein0 said:

If you looked at the charts in the article instead of just the headline, you would see that the Black and Hispanic responses dont follow that headline. They are actually 50/50, again not great but much better that 2/3. I originally stated I might be in the minority but am still uncertain of the validity of the results. 

And if you really wanted a potential cause to the numbers, you could look at the US Financial Literacy rate, which again not sure how accurate, but shows the same rate of illiterate as not being better off. The fact that these numbers are identical, and coupled with the fact the market has improved tells me that the issue isnt related to who is president and more so who is financially literate.

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/money-masters-financial-literacy

I'm not into excuses. To quote an oft used phrase, "it's the economy stupid."

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

I'm not into excuses. To quote an oft used phrase, "it's the economy stupid."

Then what is your definition of a good economy. When Trump was president and the market was up but all the other numbers were down. I was constantly being told he was an economic genius because the market was up. The market is still up no? The unemployment rate is currently lower than at anytime during the previous administration. So yes, please tell me your definition of a good economy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Then what is your definition of a good economy. When Trump was president and the market was up but all the other numbers were down. I was constantly being told he was an economic genius because the market was up. The market is still up no? The unemployment rate is currently lower than at anytime during the previous administration. So yes, please tell me your definition of a good economy.

I wasn't polled, but roughly 2/3 of Americans say they are worse off financially. The obvious answer is the economy. When the average American spends $433 a month more than a year ago it is a problem as noted in the poll results. 

Perhaps you should consult those far less fortunate than yourself and stop trying to find excuses to blame them for their hardship?

6 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I wasn't polled, but roughly 2/3 of Americans say they are worse off financially. The obvious answer is the economy. When the average American spends $433 a month more than a year ago it is a problem as noted in the poll results. 

Perhaps you should consult those far less fortunate than yourself and stop trying to find excuses to blame them for their hardship?

I didnt blame anyone and you still didnt answer my question on what your definition of a successful economy is.

3 minutes ago, arein0 said:

I didnt blame anyone and you still didnt answer my question on what your definition of a successful economy is.

For the less fortunate I'd imagine an economy when income outpaced inflation. You?

Just now, arein0 said:

So like 2021 when the annual inflation rate was 7% and the average national wage increased by 8.89%?

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/cola/AWI.html

So you think the polling was performed 2 years ago? :dunno:

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

So you think the polling was performed 2 years ago? :dunno:

The numbers aren't published for 2022 yet? And last I checked 2021 was included in the timeframe of the survey. But you still didnt answer whether you thought, based on your definition of a good economy and the numbers I provided, that 2021 was a success in your eyes.