Your choice for the 3 permanent opponents?

gr82b4au

Bama, Uga, Ole Miss or Miss St. It's still a tough schedule but 

Def not LsU, Uga and Bama.!!  Or UF, Uga or Bama!! We don't need seasons where we are playing Athens, Turd Town, and Baton rouge or the Swamp. 

I would settle for mizzou, Vandy or Kentucky. 

• Love 1

I would like Vandy, Mizzou, and MSU, OM, or Arky as the 3rd.   

It will probably be bama, uga, and LSU.  Just because 🤦‍♂️

I can’t imagine a scenario where we don’t get bama and uga.  So Vandy is the best case scenario with those two.  

bammer, UGA and Florida. Bring 'em on. If we just HAVE to have one wimp-out opponent, make it MSU. At least we have some history with them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

LSU  cause it is a fun place to visit  fans are wild and rude,  but funny and entertaining.   It is fun to get to go there every other year.

UTen   I always have a good time in Knoxville.   It would be nice to get to go there every other year

UF   Again a fun place to play usually good weather.  A fun town.   I would like to have the option to go there every other year.

Bama ...Nah that town is a dump.  It would be nice to only have to go there every 4-6 years

Uga  no thanks fans are rude, insulting and often threatening.    It would be nice to only have to go there every 4-6 years.

MSU dumpy town

etc

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

There's no way we aren't getting UAT and UGA. So Anchor Down! The pairings I posted in the other thread are almost perfect I think...but I feel like I might be screwing Florida--Georgia, USCe, Tennessee--since those three actually have a better combined record since 1992 than UAT, UGA and Vandy. 🤔

I'd be okay with Cover 3's exact picks for everyone...but I don't think South Carolina would! 

Edited by AUwent
  • Thanks 1

It will be the following three (nine game schedule!):

Alabama
Georgia
Miss St or Ole Miss

The third one is obviously the swing, but it doesn't matter that much to me. Hail State or Hoddy Toddy, give me some of that. Land grant vs best college town in the south competitor? I'll take either compared to how UCSe will be screwed. Actually, they could be matched with us...

With Sankey at the top, and the king turd, little Nikki in his ear, we could get screwed regardless. But I am so glad that our current AD is Mr. Cohen, versus the last two while this scheduling process takes place.

• Like 1

I don't think it'll matter all that much who we get paired with.  If teams aren't permanent opponents, they still get to play every other year. 

They will use permanent opponents to preserve the longest standing games.  And they have to lock-in certain gams for TV ratings, after that there will be plenty of marketable matchups and they'll get every single one over the span of 2 yrs. 

15 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yall think we will get stuck with both Georgia and Bummer?

I pray we get "stuck" with them, yes

Edited by W.E.D

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

UF, UGA, BAMA

This is the correct answer.

At no time in our history has our opponents stopped Auburn from being very good.  We have massive self inflicted wounds that has hurt vs any opponents

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

This is the correct answer.

At no time in our history has our opponents stopped Auburn from being very good.  We have massive self inflicted wounds that has hurt vs any opponents

A lot of Florida fans want this rivalry back too. Then you think about the impact of TV, Recruits...it makes a lot of sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok . There should be no complaints from our fans if they think someone else's schedule is soft

Pro tip for our fans, stop being terrified 

Just a (not so fun)fact, in the last 15 years, Georgia Tech and Auburn have the same exact record in their yearly rivalry game vs Georgia. 

3-12

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Angry 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

A lot of Florida fans want this rivalry back too. Then you think about the impact of TV, Recruits...it makes a lot of sense.

If they do go 3-6, it'll be interesting to see where it goes.  Bama/UGA have to be locks.  I want UF.  I could see some preferring UT.  Anyone else would be mostly random.  

People are also forgetting that UF was bland and average, never won the SEC before like 1993.  They really haven't been that great for almost 15 years.  Lots of meh in there.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Pro tip for our fans, stop being terrified 

We're not terrified, we just realize that in todays college football landscape, super tough schedules don't benefit you in terms of championship rankings and winning. 

It's best to have a balanced schedule with a couple really tough games and couple cupcakes, and the rest being middle of the pack opponents. 

I want AU to compete and win Championships. Having a super tough, unfair schedule every year...while might make for good tv, doesn't benefit AU as a program that much in terms of the W/L column and championship trophy cabinet. 

+ When the playoff expands there will be even LESS reason to have a really hard in season schedule cause no matter what you'll have a murders row in the multi game playoff anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

We're not terrified, we just realize that in todays college football landscape, super tough schedules don't benefit you in terms of championship rankings and winning. 

It's best to have a balanced schedule with a couple really tough games and couple cupcakes, and the rest being middle of the pack opponents. 

I want AU to compete and win Championships. Having a super tough, unfair schedule every year...while might make for good tv, doesn't benefit AU as a program that much in terms of the W/L column and championship trophy cabinet. 

+ When the playoff expands there will be even LESS reason to have a really hard in season schedule cause no matter what you'll have a murders row in the multi game playoff anyway. 

There is no reason why Auburn shouldn't be in the playoff picture with a 12 team expansion, with or without a "murderous row" schedule. And I am 100 percent sure the schedule would be taken into account in the playoffs such as back in 2017 when we were a two loss team and was a sure in to be in the playoffs if only we had handled LSU. And no there is no definite that it will be murderous row in the playoffs. If anything the SEC will set us to be able to handle adversity by playoffs teams compared to other conferences. 

• Like 1

You are always going to have 3 tough games each year.  I'd much rather stick with traditional Amen corner of teams (just not back to back to back lol).  If we already have 3 tough ones, it is likely the other 6 will be easier than others.  Besides, not convinced that Florida is on the way up.

UGA, Bama, UF (although I would be ok with UTk replacing GA hehe)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

There is no reason why Auburn shouldn't be in the playoff picture with a 12 team expansion, with or without a "murderous row" schedule. And I am 100 percent sure the schedule would be taken into account in the playoffs such as back in 2017 when we were a two loss team and was a sure in to be in the playoffs if only we had handled LSU. And no there is no definite that it will be murderous row in the playoffs. If anything the SEC will set us to be able to handle adversity by playoffs teams compared to other conferences. 

So playing more harder opponents with more talent and bigger players wouldn't lead to more injuries? 

Injuries and exhaustion from playing top ranked opponents every week would have no impact on AU?  

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1