Men vs Vanderbilt Game Thread

Maverick.AU

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

@cole256, @DAG, @JwgreDeux, @AURex 😅feels like I'm fighting the 'Law of averages' groups' brilliant analysis by myself over in the nest's thread, sometimes.

If people are giving averages analysis over there......well more power to them. I can't imagine a person with experience saying that for anything else besides shot selection. 

I can't imagine a group of people saying that 😂 wow. 

I'm surprised they didn't ask jwgredeux over there... They hate me 😂. I imagine you probably get heat for offering criticism of Pearl. Think about that and multiply it by 50, I offered criticism to bryce Brown, Powell, samir, etc....these are some of the most beloved players and then also didn't dump on the guys that get chosen to dump on like purifoy, and Dean and some others. 

It can get wild when you step outside of the norm at times! It's not about what you know, it's about who cosigns you. 

• Like 1

I think one thing that makes basketball somewhat difficult to analyze is there are many things that are super viable in basketball that you can't quantify. 

I think this leads to confusing some people. Like you may have a guy like Pat Beverly in the NBA and you try to explain why he's important and the first thing a person who doesn't agree with you will do is run to his stats and say he only does this and that, that's hardly important.....

As far as Auburn basketball goes Bryant Smith may be the best example as far as seeing a difference a guy can bring. Literally when he left the same EXACT team we were completely different.

It's why a guy like former Tiger Jamison Brewer was one of the most difficult players I've ever tried to guard and to this day I'd say he's top 3 most talented point guards to play here but you probably would laugh at me if you saw his stats. But he's one of the few guards here to actually play in the NBA. Larry Bird made it a point for him to be on Indiana when he coached. 

Some stuff is a little more difficult to to analyze than just googling a name. But that's just my opinion

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

I agree with your sentiments. I love CBP and will generally give him the benefit of the doubt given what he has done and accomplished at AU. But he decided with the additions of Westry and Donaldson that he had what we needed at the guard spots and it hasn't panned out. Yes Westry got hurt, but even with that relying on KD or Zep as a primary contributor at the 2 in hindsight seems like a bad plan. You add in Traore's slow development and basically getting benched and we have no 2 guards producing, and a back up 4 that gives us very little in Moore. That is 40+ minutes per game of player time with very little production to show for it. That is basically like us playing 4 on 5 for an entire game. It appears he's locked in to this rotation, and shortening the playing time for the bench, but I'm holding out hope CBP finds a way to tweak the rotation to find some better chemistry. 

Really wish we could’ve optimized the OOC games to figure out some more rotation combinations. I felt like that was the intention, but I didnt feel like we did anything with Traore as a 5 option, gave Tre reps and then witnessed him disappear, and basically threw Westry to the fire the second he come back. 
All in all, I don’t think it was great experimentation. Still, I think you seen enough out of Zep to know that we needed something else at that spot 

14 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Really wish we could’ve optimized the OOC games to figure out some more rotation combinations. I felt like that was the intention, but I didnt feel like we did anything with Traore as a 5 option, gave Tre reps and then witnessed him disappear, and basically threw Westry to the fire the second he come back. 
All in all, I don’t think it was great experimentation. Still, I think you seen enough out of Zep to know that we needed something else at that spot 

I've seen enough from KD to know we definitely need something more at his spot. Man is a turnover machine and momentum killer, in alot more ways than stats show.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

@cole256, @DAG, @JwgreDeux, @AURex 😅feels like I'm fighting the 'Law of averages' groups' brilliant analysis by myself over in the nest's thread, sometimes.

You shouldn’t be allowed to have a Bruce avi on here. You are waaaaay to negative. It throws me and others off. If you have a Bruce avi there is a certain expectation that you won’t be as negative as you have been on here. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You shouldn’t be allowed to have a Bruce avi on here. You are waaaaay to negative. It throws me and others off. If you have a Bruce avi there is a certain expectation that you won’t be as negative as you have been on here. 

I love Bruce. And I've said that the entire time. You'll get over my choice of avatar. Not all fans have to pump sunshine and use asinine logic to justify it.

56 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I love Bruce. And I've said that the entire time. You'll get over my choice of avatar. Not all fans have to pump sunshine and use asinine logic to justify it.

See? It could be Bruce Pearl himself talking, they would run him off this board if he posted a video of everything that was done wrong and what he needs to do to fix it. 

You are expected to not speak about certain things and to hype up other stuff. Accuracy doesn't matter as much. Which is very weird because that's usually something you deal with more from women about how you say stuff as opposed to what is said and since this is a sports forum it's probably more males than females so you'd think it wouldn't matter on here as much but it's like it matters more. 

That's what I've learned on here. You can't have that "barbershop" talk energy on here. And what's even more crazy is when we sucked like when barbee coached and stuff there was hardly anybody here! Now that we are good and we have stuff to talk about and have expectations people came and want to dictate what's said. If Pearl retired and we started sucking again mostly everybody would leave again 🤷🏾

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

I've seen enough from KD to know we definitely need something more at his spot. Man is a turnover machine and momentum killer, in alot more ways than stats show.

I agree watching KD play can make you want to hit the nervous medicine hard. But, there is still that something telling me he could go off for 20+ pts, although that hasn't happened in a while.

• Like 1