Men vs UK Game Thread

Maverick.AU

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Well at this rate it won't be a 'close loss' so I guess some people can't blame luck lol

Playing within the flow of the game is head scratching. Just because Kentucky made a 3 Broome and Flan both came down and jacking up a 3 on two different possession. 

From a fan perspective we know that this team has limitations. The irritating part is there are things that they can or should be doing well but it’s not happening. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

From a fan perspective we know that this team has limitations. The irritating part is there are things that they can or should be doing well but it’s not happening. 

This I think is important. I love Bruce, but he doesn't seem to teach his kids smart basketball. That or these kids refuse to learn. Bruce needs certain types of players with athleticism and shooting ability with some basketball IQ to have his system grow to its full potential.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Thanks. Could make up for lack of talent by playing smart basketball. It's maddening really. Sometimes watching it is worse than a prostate exam. 

• Like 1

This was a 3-point game with 3 minutes to go in the half, maybe 2 minutes to go. While there are several things that are disappointing about this time, for me the way we play in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half & the last 2 minutes of the game stands out. I'm hardly a bb guru, but my experience on a tennis court taught me that in crunch time you have to play your smartest, have to be clear-headed & focused on what you want to do & how to do it. And that seems to me to be what we don't do in the last 2 minutes. We take bad shots, we have defensive lapses, we don't rebound. And we keep doing it. Not the greatest bb IQ, or so it seems to me, as others have said.

Edited by TigerTennis80
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Extremely bad. I’m really ready for Green to move on, then again, BP gets small school portal players. Read where we were currently about a 9 seed in the bracket, but we may well be on bubble of we drop our next three which would not be shocking. 

Palm had us as a 10 seed today. I'd guess we don't make it unless we win another

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Palm had us as a 10 seed today. I'd guess we don't make it unless we win another

At Alabama and Tennessee? I wouldn't put money on us being in the tourney.

• Thanks 1

Wendell Green may be the most frustrating PG we've had since Kareem Canty. Adjusted for expectations as a program. 

Harper was frustrating as a freshman but really put it together as he gained more experience 

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

If we are a deserving NCAA team then it’s just barely. Really straining through O & B glasses to continue to justify the merits of this team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

At Alabama and Tennessee? I wouldn't put money on us being in the tourney.

I think we split but I wouldn’t put money on it. I think Tennessee is in a funk as well. That Tennessee game is gonna be really hard on the nerves 

Edited by e808

IMHO, Bruce has got to do a complete overhaul of this team. Please, Bruce, no more 5'10" point guards. While Green has done his best, he is at a lost when he's matched up against guards over 6 feet, like Kentucky's guards. And Stretch---why is he still on this team? He is probably a great guy, but rarely plays any minutes, even in blow-outs. I hope Zep and Flanagan are gone after this year. There needs to be an overhaul. 

• Like 3

Well I’m out. All that’ll be coming from me at this point is negative and I don’t wanna ruin mine nor you guys weekend lol. WDE always. 

Just now, NoALtiger said:

Well I’m out. All that’ll be coming from me at this point is negative and I don’t wanna ruin mine nor you guys weekend lol. WDE always. 

Auburn basketball this season has lost the ability to ruin any of my weekends