Men vs UK Game Thread

Maverick.AU

51 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

We just don't have the players. 1 good big man and helter skelter guards. On one night and then off for 2 or 3.. Even if we make the dance, who we gonna beat in 2-3 games to make any noise??

Nobody. This is a very average team with average talent. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

This was a 3-point game with 3 minutes to go in the half, maybe 2 minutes to go. While there are several things that are disappointing about this time, for me the way we play in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half & the last 2 minutes of the game stands out. I'm hardly a bb guru, but my experience on a tennis court taught me that in crunch time you have to play your smartest, have to be clear-headed & focused on what you want to do & how to do it. And that seems to me to be what we don't do in the last 2 minutes. We take bad shots, we have defensive lapses, we don't rebound. And we keep doing it. Not the greatest bb IQ, or so it seems to me, as others have said.

This is on Bruce and his staff for this pitiful roster, Bruce have allowed Oats to totally reload and revamp his roster. These small guards and a lack of size on the perimeter and no creation to get good shots is killing this current team, this staff simply fell asleep at the wheel from a recruiting and evaluation and portal stand point. I know some on here are against or not in favor of NIKE but it is real as far as certain player wanting to go to a NIKE school, what does Auburn current recruiting situation looks like currently?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I haven’t looked at the stats yet but I bet the rebounding is what lost this came. There is no way u could expect Broome to get boards by himself. Not only dealing with an Oscar but other guys flying in. Auburn should’ve had a minimum of 3 guys crashing the glass. The play Broome got hit in the face it was him and 3 KY players

Edited by e808

13 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

KD with another turnover. Our guards are just awful 😖. Green and KD just putting on a masterclass of why we need a roster turnover.

Agree. I’ve made my thoughts on each of them known and have gotten plenty of blowback. Neither are SEC caliber players. BP has a lot of work to do in the off-season to get this back to a serious contending program. At this point, I would be shocked if we win another in the regular season. This is most definitely a bubble team at best. 

All I'll say is that I hope this is a wake up call to Bruce for the future that the "I'm not gonna recruit over you", is gonna put u into a tough spot to win ball games if things don't fall into place.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, eaglenest said:

This is on Bruce and his staff for this pitiful roster, Bruce have allowed Oats to totally reload and revamp his roster. These small guards and a lack of size on the perimeter and no creation to get good shots is killing this current team, this staff simply fell asleep at the wheel from a recruiting and evaluation and portal stand point. I know some on here are against or not in favor of NIKE but it is real as far as certain player wanting to go to a NIKE school, what does Auburn current recruiting situation looks like currently?

Be careful with this type of talk. I was told this morning I was too negative and shouldn't be allowed to use Bruce as my avatar. Criticism of Bruce, even if justified, seems to make some people see red around here.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

All I'll say is that I hope this is a wake up call to Bruce for the future that the "I'm not gonna recruit over you", is gonna put u into a tough spot to win ball games if things don't fall into place.

Stubborn loyalty will cause that

3 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Be careful with this type of talk. I was told this morning I was too negative and shouldn't be allowed to use Bruce as my avatar. Criticism of Bruce, even if justified, seems to make some people see red around 

Call it like u see it, bro. Stevie Wonder could see this season coming after last yr and Bruce doing NOTHING to address it in the portal cause he didn't want to hurt players feelings 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, e808 said:

From a fan perspective we know that this team has limitations. The irritating part is there are things that they can or should be doing well but it’s not happening. 

What's irritating is we all seen it coming and no guard portal additions were added

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

Contrary to what the scoreboard says. Kentucky isn’t 30 plus points better than Auburn. Totally lack of effort today.

Agreed but I do think they are better. I think we lose this game at home, too. Especially after how we looked against OM at home.

• Like 1

This was an embarrassment. I love Bruce and what he has done for Auburn, but he hasn’t earned his salary this year.

1 minute ago, PUB78 said:

This was an embarrassment. I love Bruce and what he has done for Auburn, but he hasn’t earned his salary this year.

I say he def has. To get 19 wins out of this team with an obvious lack of talent and this is the first time all season where it has looked like a clear and obvious talent mismatch? That’s a huge credit to this staff. It’s going to get worse before it gets better. Bama game will look ugly like this on the road but I still think we have a shot to beat Tennessee at home. 

I wasn’t able to watch but just looked at that stats.  Total domination by UK in all facets.  Out shot 56% to 34%, out rebounded 42-25, UK assists 16 and us only 4.  That is a butt whipping 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I say he def has. To get 19 wins out of this team with an obvious lack of talent and this is the first time all season where it has looked like a clear and obvious talent mismatch? That’s a huge credit to this staff. It’s going to get worse before it gets better. Bama game will look ugly like this on the road but I still think we have a shot to beat Tennessee at home. 

Say, who was it that was responsible for the talent mismatch on our roster? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Blow outs have always been a lot easier to get over for me. On to the next one. (But do we have to!? Lol. It’s going to look like this one. Wish we could skip to next Saturday.) Idk about y’all. It’s all the close losses that are absolutely gut wrenching this year that have been piling up that are soooooo much more hard to get over. 

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Exactly! to me this team with most other coaches is probably right at .500 and with a few skids they're looking like SC. Which is why I stand by from just a team coaching standpoint this may be one of his best jobs ever: I understand Bruce's stance and wanting to keep things close knit but I do hope that this is an eye opener for him when you dont want to recruit over guys and things don't work out like you expect (traore and Westry) how that can go downhill.

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Exactly? to me this team with most other coaches is probably right at .500 and with a few skids they're looking like SC. Which is why I stand by from just a team coaching standpoint this may be one of his best jobs ever: I understand Bruce's stance and wanting to keep things close knit but I do hope that this is an eye opener for him when you dont want to recruit over guys and things don't work out like you expect (traore and Westry) how that can go downhill.

You don’t continually play quality teams down to the final possession on the road  until today with the clear disadvantage in talent without some really strong coaching. Now did we close those 1 possession games? No. But to even be in a position to was a minor miracle. Really wish we got a a couple of those. Besides the obvious it would have curtailed a lot of the bitching going on in here this season. I don’t want our basketball oasis to turn in to football threads and the fball forum where it’s just non stop negativity. Well said my brother mav!! You articulated perfectly with your post  in a way I never could!!! 😂😂

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Say, who was it that was responsible for the talent mismatch on our roster? 

Nobody and I mean nobody is turning a blind eye to this, but most who have been here year after year are not ready to throw him to the wolves. My last post I think is probably pretty common how most would feel that people want to call out as "you can't say anything negative about Bruce"

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I hope you are right.

19 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It's Bruce's fault on the lack of talent. Shouldn't happen in yr 9. Terrible roster mgmt

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2