Biggest Scandal In American History

On 3/8/2023 at 12:37 PM, Son of A Tiger said:

I'm not a lefty or righty, just an American who tries to still believe in justice under the law. I guess we just disagree about Hillary and Hunter. Which righties do you think should be held accountable at this time? No lefties?

Yeah right.   

Says the guy who believes Jan. 6 wasn't an insurrection because it failed.  Never mind what actually happened or the motivation of the participates.  :rolleyes:

On 3/8/2023 at 11:06 AM, TexasTiger said:

Fauci dismissed the lab leak theory under TRUMP.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/06/fauci-sneered-at-gop-lab-leak-concerns/amp/

Actually, there was nothing in that piece that established Fauci "dismissed" the lab leak theory.  (Going by what Fauci actually said.)

On 3/8/2023 at 12:43 PM, Son of A Tiger said:

What difference does that make? Fauci has continued lying. He did just a week ago under questioning by Sen. Paul.

Quote please.

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Actually, there was nothing in that piece that established Fauci "dismissed" the lab leak theory.  (Going by what Fauci actually said.)

Whatever he did, it didn’t start with Biden. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Yeah right.   

Says the guy who believes Jan. 6 wasn't an insurrection because it failed.  Never mind what actually happened or the motivation of the participates.  :rolleyes:

Tell me where I said that.

Reading this thread is quite amusing. Most all of you are guilty of what you accuse the other side of being. You all parrot conservative and liberal talking points and put party over your own critical thinking. Very rarely do I see any real discourse on here that would lead anywhere. 

All your politicians on both sides are scandal ridden and not deserving of your support. They're all opposite sides of the same corrupt coin. They all suck.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Of course.My career was commercial contracting. Sub contractors would   give orders on how many “amigos” needed. Just like ordering pancakes at IHOP. I started hiring them in the late 90’s. Most had all credentials required although they proved in time to be fake. Biggest part of those guys were great people and made work life so easy.  Amazing how quickly they picked things up. 3 of those guys could do more than 8 of ours and without any of the drama.

Contracting is where I discovered how rotten most lawyers tend to be😀

I agree with the last sentence as well.  Completely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Reading this thread is quite amusing. Most all of you are guilty of what you accuse the other side of being. You all parrot conservative and liberal talking points and put party over your own critical thinking. Very rarely do I see any real discourse on here that would lead anywhere. 

All your politicians on both sides are scandal ridden and not deserving of your support. They're all opposite sides of the same corrupt coin. They all suck.

Saying all is a stretch.  I personally know two congressmen.  I disagree with one of them on lots of things, but he isn't corrupt.  I would love to see us dismantle the two party approach and have more choices.  I would also favor public campaign funding and making PACs a thing for history books.  However, many things have to be done to get there.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Surely you don't think Fauci dismissed it. 

Anthony Fauci hid the truth about COVID, until now | Fox News

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Tell me where I said that.

Sorry my mistake. Senior moment.

jj3jordan said it.  (In my mind, you two are virtually interchangeable. ;D)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Does that really matter? Trump is really in your head.

It's material to your original post on the subject. 

Maybe Biden is in your head.  :rolleyes: 

12 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

This was the claim Texas was responding to, from Mikey:

I'll say the biggest scandal is Bungling Biden encouraging Faucci to cover up the Wuhan lab leak because Biden's in the Chinese Communist's pocket. After your family takes multi-millions of dollars from a certain source they own you. The Communist Chinese own Biden.

The fact that Fauci dismissed the lab leak theory while serving under TRUMP, before Biden even took office, makes quite a bit of difference with regards to the airheaded claim Mikey made.

Fauci had his own ties with Communist China and the Wuhan lab and his own reasons for wanting to label the lab leak as a conspiracy theory. This started before Bungling Biden took office and with the bungler in chief's encouragement, continued unabated. Anybody who has paid attention to the situation knows this. Whether they will admit it or not is a different story.

• Dislike 1

44 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Fauci had his own ties with Communist China and the Wuhan lab and his own reasons for wanting to label the lab leak as a conspiracy theory. This started before Bungling Biden took office and with the bungler in chief's encouragement, continued unabated. Anybody who has paid attention to the situation knows this. Whether they will admit it or not is a different story.

Biden is also why Auburn hasn’t signed enough quality linebackers.

• Haha 1

Single Biggest Scandal? I got no clue. 

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan..." Single biggest lie directly affecting 90%+ of the American workforce, and it was a straightup lie from day one. 

2020, 2016, 2000 "Elections were stolen" lies. Too many bull**** lies here to even start. 

The Jan6 efforts by the MAGA side of the aisle: 100% lies. The Fox tweets and messages prove that 100%. They were trying to get to trump because they knew it was 100% bull**** too, no matter how many lies they told to their stupid **** viewers. 

The Afghan and Iraq Wars: In reality, going into Afghanistan and taking out the Taliban may have looked like the right thing to do. But in hindsight, we ****** that up so bad it will haunt us for 100 years or more. We should never have stayed. Iraq? Still looking for the WMDs...Aint found much of anything as yet.

Steele Dossier: Promised Sedition, Treason, and Collusion charges for four years, so far NOTHING.

Hows that for a start?

14 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

You tell the truth and you will be pilloried. The narrative monkeys on here refuse to see ANYTHING wrong with their party EVER. And that is both sides. In a perfect world, they would hold their national conventions in the same city at the same time and we could pray for a meteor to take out both them and the media that would be there too.

😀

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Stop trying to spin what you said to look better. 

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I would also favor public campaign funding and

So, you would like tax dollars to go to some campaign that doesn’t align with your interests?   I disagree on everything about this way of thinking.    The problem with this country is that election campaigns start way too soon.  There should be a rule that says you can’t campaign until a certain amount of time before Election Day.   In my opinion two to three months before Election Day.   

• Like 1

16 hours ago, homersapien said:

Sorry my mistake. Senior moment.

jj3jordan said it.  (In my mind, you two are virtually interchangeable. ;D)

If I said it, it is true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Stop trying to spin what you said to look better. 

I didn't realize that any reader would be so poorly informed as to not know that Fauci was heavily involved with the Wuhan lab even before Bungling Biden took office.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I didn't realize that any reader would be so poorly informed as to not know that Fauci was heavily involved with the Wuhan lab even before Bungling Biden took office.

No, you tried to use Fauci to take a shot at Biden as if whatever beef you have with Dr. Fauci is Biden's fault.  It wasn't.  Stop spinning and just own it and move on. 

What isn't going to happen is you continuing to dodge and weave and turn this into another Mikey vortex.

6 hours ago, aubaseball said:

So, you would like tax dollars to go to some campaign that doesn’t align with your interests?   I disagree on everything about this way of thinking.    The problem with this country is that election campaigns start way too soon.  There should be a rule that says you can’t campaign until a certain amount of time before Election Day.   In my opinion two to three months before Election Day.   

There's some merit to the idea that election prospects shouldn't hinge on how much more money you can raise than your opponents, but rather your ability to articulate your ideas and persuade voters.  The money in politics is what make election cycles start earlier and earlier and it's the overwhelming reason for so much corruption and that most political decisions benefit a well-resourced few rather than the American people.  You can ban campaigning and ads and such until a certain date all you want, but until you deal with the constant fundraising for ever more expensive election campaigns, it won't fix anything.  It will just be slightly less annoying.

• Like 4