Biggest Scandal In American History

What would you say is the biggest scandal in American history? As indicated in the link the Wuhan origin of the Covid-19 virus is one.  I'm not sure it's the biggest but the article got my attention and made me think about it. Your thoughts?

This is the biggest scandal in American history | Fox News

Watergate would be on the list, but that opens the door to other observations.  In today's political climate, Watergate would have never materialized.  Today, too many people place their party affiliation above country.  Had Nixon never been under the threat of removal from office, he would have never resigned and Watergate would have just been another Ukraine/Trump type event.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

What would you say is the biggest scandal in American history? As indicated in the link the Wuhan origin of the Covid-19 virus is one.  I'm not sure it's the biggest but the article got my attention and made me think about it. Your thoughts?

This is the biggest scandal in American history | Fox News

I’d say a President fomenting an insurrection against the US Government and it’s not even close. A good chunk of Americans are too brainwashed to see it, though. Sad!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Have to add the Russia collusion hoax to the list.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Big Tech censorship for $100.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Big Tech censorship for $100.

Alright, let's say it all together now, real slooooow: "the first amendment's prohibition on prior restraint and censorship does not apply to private corporations."

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I’d say a President fomenting an insurrection against the US Government and it’s not even close. A good chunk of Americans are too brainwashed to see it, though. Sad!

That's still a story to be told. I don't think we know all the facts yet. But in any event millions of Americans diidn't die from it as they did in the Covid-19 scandal.

1 minute ago, Son of A Tiger said:

That's still a story to be told. I don't think we know all the facts yet. But in any event millions of Americans diidn't die from it as they did in the Covid-19 scandal.

Covid 19 has been an enormous tragedy. If it leaked from a Chinese lab, it’s a huge international scandal, but if it was unintentional it’s a scandal of a different sort.

But for the country that has inspired freedom and representative government more than any in the modern age to have a President intentionally foment an insurrection— that’s far more shocking & depressing than any political scandal I can think of.

17 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Covid 19 has been an enormous tragedy. If it leaked from a Chinese lab, it’s a huge international scandal, but if it was unintentional it’s a scandal of a different sort.

But for the country that has inspired freedom and representative government more than any in the modern age to have a President intentionally foment an insurrection— that’s far more shocking & depressing than any political scandal I can think of.

I understand where you are coming from but would only note that Jan. 6 didn't cost millions of lives. I would also note that there are scandals other than political ones.

Edited by Son of A Tiger

9 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I understand where you are coming from but would only note that Jan. 6 didn't cost millions of lives. I would also note that there are scandals other than political ones.

True. But if you’d told me 10 years ago there would be a lab leak in China starting a global pandemic I wouldn’t find that prediction nearly as unlikely as a an American President fomenting insurrection after an election loss.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

True. But if you’d told me 10 years ago there would be a lab leak in China starting a global pandemic I wouldn’t find that prediction nearly as unlikely as a an American President fomenting insurrection after an election loss.

Both are bad for sure.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Have to add the Russia collusion hoax to the list.

russia was not a hoax to mr manafort who received millions from them in loans that were shady? like he just forgot to mention them or something to that effect.

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

If you had told me in 2012 that Donald Trump would be president in 2016 I would have advised family members and close friends to steer clear of you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll say the biggest scandal is Bungling Biden encouraging Faucci to cover up the Wuhan lab leak because Biden's in the Chinese Communist's pocket. After your family takes multi-millions of dollars from a certain source they own you. The Communist Chinese own Biden.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'll say the biggest scandal is Bungling Biden encouraging Faucci to cover up the Wuhan lab leak because Biden's in the Chinese Communist's pocket. After your family takes multi-millions of dollars from a certain source they own you. The Communist Chinese own Biden.

We’re talking about the real world, not your rich fantasy life.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

38 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

We’re talking about the real world, not your rich fantasy life.

You're claiming Hunter Biden didn't get millions of dollars from Communist Chinese interests?

That Biden is competent to be POTUS is the biggest scandal.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You're claiming Hunter Biden didn't get millions of dollars from Communist Chinese interests?

https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/3861298-joe-bidens-china-problem-just-got-a-whole-lot-worse/

there is plenty to support those suspicions. As the Washington Post reported a year ago, “Over the course of 14 months, the Chinese energy conglomerate [CEFC] and its executives paid $4.8 million to entities controlled by Hunter Biden and his uncle…”

Biden would do well to follow Trump’s lead by standing up to China’s aggressions and, in particular, punishing Beijing for violating our air space. Accepting Beijing’s excuse that strong winds blew their balloon across our country will not sit well with many Americans; it will only reinforce speculation that Biden has some reason to go easy on Beijing.   

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Watergate would be on the list, but that opens the door to other observations.  In today's political climate, Watergate would have never materialized.  Today, too many people place their party affiliation above country.  Had Nixon never been under the threat of removal from office, he would have never resigned and Watergate would have just been another Ukraine/Trump type event.

Watergate was fraternity prank stuff compared to the present day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Fauci dismissed the lab leak theory under TRUMP.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/06/fauci-sneered-at-gop-lab-leak-concerns/amp/

Maybe Trump was in China’s pocket due to Ivanka’s business interests in China— whaddya think?

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/may/28/ivanka-trump-won-china-trademarks-donald-trump-zte-reversal

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

For sure Fauci should be in jail, him being the highest paid gov't employee and lying to Congress under oath.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

russia was not a hoax to mr manafort who received millions from them in loans that were shady? like he just forgot to mention them or something to that effect.

So you think him and Hunter Biden should be in jail together?

3 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

So you think him and Hunter Biden should be in jail together?

nope. and um trump pardoned manafort for the record. i do think trump should be in jail. i have no thoughts on hunter just like i do not about hillary. investigations were done several times on her and on hunter and nothing conclusive was found. but i tell you what. when the righties hold their people accountable i would hold those on the left accountable.

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

nope. and um trump pardoned manafort for the record. i do think trump should be in jail. i have no thoughts on hunter just like i do not about hillary. investigations were done several times on her and on hunter and nothing conclusive was found. but i tell you what. when the righties hold their people accountable i would hold those on the left accountable.

I'm not a lefty or righty, just an American who tries to still believe in justice under the law. I guess we just disagree about Hillary and Hunter. Which righties do you think should be held accountable at this time? No lefties?