2023 Transfer Portal Thread

ellitor

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

jim-halpert-face.gif

Interesting that no one else ever mentioned that name...ever

That's what you call a real mystery man. Almost like he never existed. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

That's what you call a real mystery man. Almost like he never existed. 

Oh, it was this guy buuuuuut he's gonna stay in the portal. Oh well...

13 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

So is this a hoax?

@War to the Eagle Not sure what you mean. I'm just saying that twitter account is not a credible soiurce.

• Thanks 1

Matthews said on the radio that He still thinks Auburn leads for Lawrence but there are other teams pursuing him as well. On Phillips he thinks if he gets a waiver Auburn is definitely going to be interested. Phillips is getting some feedback on where he would go in the draft, so thats still a factor. Cameron thinks as soon as a player challenges the SEC deadline on transfers that the SEC will just start following the NCAA guidelines instead. 

• Like 1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would temper the expectations on Tyrin, as Trilly Donovan reports Texas Tech is gaining traction on his recruitment. 

He does report Memphis, Vandy and us are still in it.

2 hours ago, TIGERINATLANTA said:

I would temper the expectations on Tyrin, as Trilly Donovan reports Texas Tech is gaining traction on his recruitment. 

He does report Memphis, Vandy and us are still in it.

Let's be real, he ain't going back to Vandy. I don't care what they're reporting. Just a nod of respect to his prior school and coach, IMO.

• Like 2

According to the Portal Report we have reached out to Rob Carpenter 6 ft 7 inch Small Forward(Who is listed as a Kent State transfer).

Does not have any stats from last season, and averaged 17.8 in 12 games at Mississippi Valley State in the 2021-2022 season.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, TIGERINATLANTA said:

According to the Portal Report we have reached out to Rob Carpenter 6 ft 7 inch Small Forward(Who is listed as a Kent State transfer).

Does not have any stats from last season, and averaged 17.8 in 12 games at Mississippi Valley State in the 2021-2022 season.

Who needs Matthew Cleveland 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Who needs Matthew Cleveland 

Lol.  We absolutely should have put the full court press on Cleveland.  We are not getting Lawrence.  Hokanson is reporting we offered a NW FL Juco wing Chad Baker-Mazara (6 ft 7 and 46 percent from 3 and 15.2 a game) Former Duquense and SD State player.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, TIGERINATLANTA said:

Lol.  We absolutely should have put the full court press on Cleveland.  We are not getting Lawrence.  Hokanson is reporting we offered a NW FL Juco wing Chad Baker-Mazara (6 ft 7 and 46 percent from 3 and 15.2 a game) Former Duquense and SD State player.

At this rate, we’ll have to start Denver at the 3 just to have a D1 caliber prospect there lol. Good grief 

I’m not out on Lawrence though, hopefully there’s some way they can overpay to get the guy (I’ll take a 6’4 good guy over a 6’7 SD State player, and that’s hard for me to say). 

I am worried about Broome coming back now.  Pearl is about to go all Musselman in the portal looking for a 3.  

There are better options at the 3 in the portal than finding a quality big man.

I would love to get Lawrence, but Trilly Donovan is pretty locked in and I think he ends up at Texas Tech as stated.

We should have had a replacement lined up a month ago.

11 minutes ago, TIGERINATLANTA said:

Dude can play. Hope he’s grown up.

https://www.eastvillagetimes.com/chad-baker-mazara-no-longer-an-aztec/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TIGERINATLANTA said:

I am worried about Broome coming back now.  Pearl is about to go all Musselman in the portal looking for a 3.  

There are better options at the 3 in the portal than finding a quality big man.

I would love to get Lawrence, but Trilly Donovan is pretty locked in and I think he ends up at Texas Tech as stated.

We should have had a replacement lined up a month ago.

If we end up needing a big man, I hope we are opening up lines of communication with Ernest Udeh. He didn't get much opportunity at Kansas last year, but he flashed some skills at times and Duke and others are kicking the tires. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, toddc said:

I thought this said committed **** 😡

mi corazon beating out of my chest

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

over a 6’7 SD State player,

You do realize they played for the natty right? Obviously they were building something before they got to where they did this year.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TIGERINATLANTA said:

Trilly Donovan is pretty locked in

Locked in to what? Most of his picks from what I've seen are misses.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You do realize they played for the natty right? Obviously they were building something before they got to where they did this year.

I had NDSU in my head; realized that after I made the post. Figured someone would catch it

If we were getting someone off of this team that played for the natty, that would be distinctly different to me. SDSU is a great program though, I’m not arguing that. 

• Like 1

• Love 1

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

You do realize he got dismissed from that team, right?

Don't think he even has a profile on 247 or on3. He's eligible....does ge have any other offers?

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You do realize he got dismissed from that team, right?

Don't think he even has a profile on 247 or on3. He's eligible....does ge have any other offers?

So is it official? Did we offer this guy cause we think Lawrence is going elsewhere?

Edited by KansasTiger

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

So is it official? Did we offer this guy cause we think Lawrence is going elsewhere?

I don't know. But if Bruce is claiming we are taking one single person at wing and we just offered this unknown wing no one else is recruiting.....putting  two and two together.

• Like 2