2023 Transfer Portal Thread

ellitor

52 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Demoralizing

I’m sure Devan and Kario will eventually get over the rejection.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Demoralizing

Really?

Why? I'm not trying to come across as anything, really interested in your thoughts?

On 4/21/2023 at 11:04 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

Would we take both Chaney and Tyson?

Chaney and Tyson are very different players. Admittedly I only watched one UAH game, but I don’t think we should plan for Chaney to spend much time at the 3. He’s going to struggle defensively on the wing, he just doesn’t move like a guard laterally. Impressive shot blocker, though - at least at that level. Has a good feel for the game offensively, especially attacking facing the basket. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2023 at 10:04 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

Would we take both Chaney and Tyson?

Possibly. We still want an impact 3.

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

Really?

Why? I'm not trying to come across as anything, really interested in your thoughts?

I’ve just been trolling honestly. I think if you end up with Cleveland/Tyson and Chaney, you’re about as well off as you could’ve asked if you’re Auburn 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don’t have any sources at all, but I do wonder how they account for that bench 3/SF if they get 1 of Cleveland/Tyson. I assume the other would look elsewhere. 

If there is another guy they’re recruiting for the Oquendo/DC role or they just feel content with CMo being that guy (which begs the question who our other 4 would be), feel free to correct me 

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t have any sources at all, but I do wonder how they account for that bench 3/SF if they get 1 of Cleveland/Tyson. I assume the other would look elsewhere. 

If there is another guy they’re recruiting for the Oquendo/DC role or they just feel content with CMo being that guy (which begs the question who our other 4 would be), feel free to correct me 

Cmo is definitely that guy

5 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

Chaney and Tyson are very different players. Admittedly I only watched one UAH game, but I don’t think we should plan for Chaney to spend much time at the 3. He’s going to struggle defensively on the wing, he just doesn’t move like a guard laterally. Impressive shot blocker, though - at least at that level. Has a good feel for the game offensively, especially attacking facing the basket. Just my opinion. 

I agree. I got to see him play a few times. He is going to struggle.

36 minutes ago, Lotto said:

Cmo is definitely that guy

Well he’s definitely a guy, as in just one person 

at this very moment, you’re looking at 

Tre/Aden

Denver/KD

Cmo/Berman

Chacey (sp)?/CMo 

Dylan 

Thats not counting anyone who could come back. To me, even if you get one SF commit, you either need a PF commit (who would also need to play some 5) as well or you need to bank on your just about all of your draft guys returning 

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Tre/Aden

Denver/KD

Cmo/Berman

Chacey (sp)?/CMo 

Dylan 

Thats not counting anyone who could come back. To me, even if you get one SF commit, you either need a PF commit (who would also need to play some 5) as well or you need to bank on your just about all of your draft guys returning 

I dont think theres any expectation that Broome and Jaylin wont be back

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, CR said:

I dont think theres any expectation that Broome and Jaylin wont be back

There’s probably not, but there’s no reason for me to count it as an absolute when it isn’t, esp when running a hypothetical that’s evaluating who’s currently on the roster (and they are not)

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Tre/Aden

Denver/KD

Cmo/Berman

Chacey (sp)?/CMo 

Dylan 

I’m just saying hes a solid player people keep counting him out but he will be a key cog next year

49 minutes ago, Lotto said:

I’m just saying hes a solid player people keep counting him out but he will be a key cog next year

And, I think, a genuinely good person.   He sat behind us last year at a baseball game.   He was super nice and very reserved, not in a cocky way but in the best way.   There is a lot to like about CBP among them is his loyalty to kids who love Auburn and represent us well off the court. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lotto said:

I mean I can definitely understand why he’s not the talk of the town - I’m one of his biggest fans and we will need him in some capacity, but Auburn’s basketball coaches have recruited both starter and backup SFs and have recruited many bigs. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was similar to early last season where he was fighting for a spot in the rotation (until injuries/Traore’s lack of feel came to play). 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I mean I can definitely understand why he’s not the talk of the town - I’m one of his biggest fans and we will need him in some capacity, but Auburn’s basketball coaches have recruited both starter and backup SFs and have recruited many bigs. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was similar to early last season where he was fighting for a spot in the rotation (until injuries/Traore’s lack of feel came to play). 

I wholeheartedly disagree.  Moore will not have to fight for a spot he’s too quality of a player to be in that position

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He literally started early last season?

17 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It sounds like Chaney would get work at the 4 and 3.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lotto said:

He literally started early last season?

I did have to go back and review the totals - I remembered AF getting more minutes than CMo in some of those games and remembered him as the 2nd option, but you are correct that he started. I do think he would’ve been playing less if Westry didn’t get hurt, but that obv was not the case. 
That’s a good role for him imo, third forward option for either spot and a guy you can trust to play more when called on

33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It sounds like Chaney would get work at the 4 and 3.

And I do think that’ll get them pretty close to where Auburn wants minute wise, if the draft guys they expect to return, return (and they land the Cleveland/Tyson type of starter).
My earlier post was just outlining how tentative all of this is right now and how I think they still need one more guy (outside of the individuals referenced above)  

• Like 1

Local radio show had Bryan Matthews on today. He and Cameron both think AU will likely get Cleveland or Tyson but not both. Cleveland here today and Tyson Saturday.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CR said:

Cleveland here today

Tomorrow-Thursday.

27 minutes ago, CR said:

Tyson Saturday

Sometime in early May but date hasn't been set yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Tomorrow-Thursday.

Sometime in early May but date hasn't been set yet.

Tyson may be moving it up from what I've gathered

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Tyson may be moving it up from what I've gathered

It was said on the show that Cal and Kansas were other main schools after Tyson

• Like 1