2023 Transfer Portal Thread

ellitor

13 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Got a sinking feeling its Oquendo 

Oquendo will be a good pickup...

27 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Could it be the USF big? He's visiting UGA this weekend, could have driven him to reschedule Auburn to Monday.

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I disagree. Bruce needs to recruit over the current roster. This is exactly why we are in the shape we are in at the SG position. If these cats are afraid to compete for a starting job , let em look else where. 

That’s exactly my point. They would look elsewhere. So might as well get a quality contributor while you can. While you’re still looking for a starter also.

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I This is the very reason we don't have a SG that can shoot right now on the roster

When did Denver Jones back out of his commitment to Auburn?

1 hour ago, Lotto said:

Oquendo will be a good pickup...

I’m not sure we’re ready to take him now. He’s in the same boat with Cambridge.

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

Could it be the USF big? He's visiting UGA this weekend, could have driven him to reschedule Auburn to Monday.

Again. Don’t think so.

50 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That’s exactly my point. They would look elsewhere. So might as well get a quality contributor while you can. While you’re still looking for a starter also.

U think Cambridge would be a quality contributor? All I'm saying is it cost us last 2 yrs not having a quality shooter at the SG spot. Word was BP was to loyal and didn't want to recruit over WG, ZEP, OR KD. It come back to bite him. He seems to have seen this was a mistake and is taking steps to correct it. I'm old school, give me players who want to compete , no matter who is on the roster. I guess the portal has changed all that.

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Hopefully it's the FSU kid

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I meant b4 he signed as in ever since Bryce graduated 

Well in Bruce’s mind he learned from prior dealings . We had Trey Alexander committed, and then backed out when it looked like we were gonna take Desi Sills We ended up getting KD to replace Trey.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Well in Bruce’s mind he learned from prior dealings . We had Trey Alexander committed, and then backed out when it looked like we were gonna take Desi Sills We ended up getting KD to replace Trey.

Bad trade 😆 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U think Cambridge would be a quality contributor?

Definitely can be. Solid defender and rebounder and brings great energy off the bench.

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Word was BP was to loyal and didn't want to recruit over WG, ZEP, OR KD. It come back to bite him

Not sure it was that as something RIR had said. Apparently before this year Bruce really didn't like having to use the portal a lot. Not sure if that has changed or not.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

I’m not sure we’re ready to take him now. He’s in the same boat with Cambridge.

Cambridge would be a great pickup too

• Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

For all the fan griping about AF, we'd be all over a transfer with his stats.  It seems unlikely we will upgrade the position with a transfer.

Stats are one thing. Intelligence is another. He's just not all that smart when playing the game, unfortunately. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U think Cambridge would be a quality contributor? All I'm saying is it cost us last 2 yrs not having a quality shooter at the SG spot. Word was BP was to loyal and didn't want to recruit over WG, ZEP, OR KD. It come back to bite him. He seems to have seen this was a mistake and is taking steps to correct it. I'm old school, give me players who want to compete , no matter who is on the roster. I guess the portal has changed all that.

Im afraid portal and NIL has made it more difficult for us in a variety of ways. I just don’t know if f we can repeat the whole my 10 can beat your 10 anymore which had been a staple of cbp  teams.

19 hours ago, PotPot said:

Moore is 6’6” and technically a 3. He was our backup 4 this season because Bruce thought he was a better option than Traore. 

^^^

12 hours ago, Lotto said:

Cambridge would be a great pickup too

What do you mean by great?  Seems like he could be a pretty solid role player as the back up 3.  We still need a starter

• Like 2

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

What do you mean by great?  Seems like he could be a pretty solid role player as the back up 3.  We still need a starter

Shoot if we got Cambridge as a backup that would be huge.  His energy is amazing, he plays great defense is a great rebounder and athlete in general.  He would help auburn coming off the bench a lot imo 

• Like 2

Clemson transfer Ben Middlebrooks

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

Clemson transfer Ben Middlebrooks

Pretty much a non contributor. Any upside with him?