The Afghanistan Bungle

Most, including me, don't often think much about the catastrophe surrounding the withdrawal of our people in Afghanistan. But this brings it all back and serves as a reminder of the absolute incompetency of Biden and his DOD senior guys in handling it.

Marine sniper tears up testifying how leaders ignored his warnings minutes before Kabul airport blast | Fox News

Edited by Son of A Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Most, including me, don't often think much about the catastrophe surrounding the withdrawal of our people in Afghanistan. But this brings it all back and serves as a reminder of the absolute incompetency of Biden and his DOD senior guys in handling it.

Marine sniper tears up testifying how leaders ignored his warnings minutes before Kabul airport blast | Fox News

How long and how many billions should we spend in that hell hole of a country before they have the intellect to fight for themselves?

4 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

There was no good exit option to that big of a mistake. And I’m guessing you cheered when we entered that country.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

There was no good exit option to that big of a mistake. And I’m guessing you cheered when we entered that country.

You would sure lose that bet. But I bet you are OK that Biden said no Americans were left behind. And yes there was a better exit  option.....keeping the other airfield open. It is now recognized by most military experts that Biden's plan was a disaster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

How long and how many billions should we spend in that hell hole of a country before they have the intellect to fight for themselves?

We are 100 years away from that. Spending another $TN there would have been wasting the money. They don’t want self rule. Only maybe 5% do. 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 8:09 PM, TexasTiger said:

There was a lot better option. Maybe several of them. Not the least of the problem with leaving our allies and a number of Americans hung out to dry is the trust we've lost from our allies around the world.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

There was a lot better option. Maybe several of them. Not the least of the problem with leaving our allies and a number of Americans hung out to dry is the trust we've lost from our allies around the world.

Huge mistake to ever try to fix the unfixable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Huge mistake to ever try to fix the unfixable.

Made worse by Bungling Biden's disastrous exit strategy.

• Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Hard to make a 20 year mistake worse. 

For real. If the goal here is to hold people accountable you have to go a long way back. 

• Like 2

Wow. Nobody seems to care that the bombing could have been prevented.  Blind allegiance to Biden who could and should have allowed ROE at the operational level to make decisions. Blood on Biden’s hands. Guess I’m not shocked at the above commitments. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

The "Afghan bungle" was allowing Cheney and Rumsfeld to, send an army in to do a job better suited to intel and special ops.

Getting out without delay was the right call.

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

The "Afghan bungle" was allowing Cheney and Rumsfeld to, send an army in to do a job better suited to intel and special ops.

Getting out without delay was the right call.

Didn’t your hero Obama say that Afghanistan was the righteous war? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

You are nothing but a liar.  You completely fail honesty, integrity.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

You are nothing but a liar.  You completely fail honesty, integrity.

Am I wrong? Did he not say that? Can you answer a simple question? Or is all you got “liar liar”?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Look we've been trying to explain for years that Obama was basically W 2.0 on foreign policy. Gates in the rest of the military brass had his ear. 

13 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Look we've been trying to explain for years that Obama was basically W 2.0 on foreign policy. Gates in the rest of the military brass had his ear. 

I’ll take that as a yes. No disagreement here.

On 3/10/2023 at 12:05 AM, Mikey said:

We accomplished that with Iraq.  To be honest, that withdrawal timeline was well known for over a year.  Americans had plenty of time to get out of that place.  The local population is completely unwilling to fight for anything they want.  If 20 years of spoon feeding isn't enough time to learn how to eat with a fork, I don't know what to tell them, other than best of luck.

6 hours ago, AUDub said:

Not sure that’s fair. I doubt he would have made W’s decisions at all. Called Iraq a dumb war from the start. He was afraid of being blamed for the consequences of leaving Afghanistan, but he was hardly starting wars.

Sadly, starting a war is much easier than ending one.

It is all about the power structure but,,, people blaming the person who ends the war rather than the person who started the war really helps continue the insanity.

We are politically divided by design.  You do not have to manipulate all of the people,,, just enough of the people.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

On 3/10/2023 at 9:04 AM, jj3jordan said:

Wow. Nobody seems to care that the bombing could have been prevented.  Blind allegiance to Biden who could and should have allowed ROE at the operational level to make decisions. Blood on Biden’s hands. Guess I’m not shocked at the above commitments. 

There is no blind allegiance.  There is just the reality that extracting ourselves from that cess pool was never going to be a smooth process.  I agreed with Trump when he set the date to withdraw over a year earlier.  Imagine how much could have been done to better the lives of Americans with the trillions spent trying to herd rabid cats.

On 3/10/2023 at 12:10 AM, Mikey said:

Made worse by Bungling Biden's disastrous exit strategy.

The exit was brokered by Trump. The Biden administration was just following through on the commitment Trump made.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

10 hours ago, AURex said:

The exit was brokered by Trump. The Biden administration was just following through on the commitment Trump made.

No. The exit arranged by Trump had a number of contingencies attached to it. Few if any of them were met but Biden went ahead and made the Taliban rich with billions of dollars worth of our military equipment anyway.  That mindless helter-skelter scramble to exit and damn the consequences was all 100% on Biden.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1