Routes determined by Defensive Alignment

aubiefifty

Apparently based on Freezes comments our receiver’s routes are determined by defensive alignment, coverages and techniques. Seems that collectively they aren’t catching on to that as well as he’d like. It appears last week they were all about QB development and next week will be all about WR development. i assume this is being stated on a couple of pay sites but i can only opine since i do not pay for articles.

Do we get this straightened out enough to do well this year when the season starts? the concept sounds brilliant to a football novice but i worry because the last i heard we only had about 20% installed from last week. i thought it might be something to discuss on here.

• Like 2

Huh....WRs can line up right and run the right routes? Waht about catching? Sounds like coaching.  /s

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Do we get this straightened out enough to do well this year when the season starts? the concept sounds brilliant to a football novice but i worry because the last i heard we only had about 20% installed from last week. i thought it might be something to discuss on here.

Srsly tho...this is probably the first truly modern sophisticated passing offense we've ever had. All these guys are going to have a huge learning curve and we'll have our ups and downs with it this year. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Srsly tho...this is probably the first truly modern sophisticated passing offense we've ever had. All these guys are going to have a huge learning curve and we'll have our ups and downs with it this year. 

oh i am pleased and the future is so bright i might have to break out the Raybans but i worry we will be lost a lot next year.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

oh i am pleased and the future is so bright i might have to break out the Raybans but i worry we will be lost a lot next year.

Not too worried about it. They'll have 2 more weeks, the entire offseason where coaches can now "practice" with position groups like 15-20hrs a week, then fall practice. 

I don't think it'll be a lost year. There will be missed assignments more than the coaches would like, but the better will outweigh the bad

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Huh....WRs can line up right and run the right routes? Waht about catching? Sounds like coaching.  /s

i refuse to throw the receivers coach under the bus. he has been here three and a half months or so? to me that is not giving the coach a fair shake. i trust freeze enough to think he hired the right fit for us. but looking back how long has it been since we had a WR coach that our fans have not bitched about. i believe it has been a while.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Not too worried about it. They'll have 2 more weeks, the entire offseason where coaches can now "practice" with position groups like 15-20hrs a week, then fall practice. 

I don't think it'll be a lost year. There will be missed assignments more than the coaches would like, but the better will outweigh the bad

quit making me worry man! i was going for the smelling salts until this post. now i feel better...........

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i refuse to throw the receivers coach under the bus. he has been here three and a half months or so? to me that is not giving the coach a fair shake. i trust freeze enough to think he hired the right fit for us. but looking back how long has it been since we had a WR coach that our fans have not bitched about. i believe it has been a while.

"/s" meant sarcasm. It was a joke, many in this board were ready to fire a young 1st year coach for similar reasons. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

quit making me worry man! i was going for the smelling salts until this post. now i feel better...........

Eat and edible and just enjoy the ride

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Eat and edible and just enjoy the ride

thank you wed i think i will do just that! i  share with auburn fans and sexy ladies.

• Thanks 1

Why is it that Auburn has so much trouble every year getting the offense installed and the players being able to understand 100% of it. Seems we ALWAYS have to pare down the playbook. Other teams can run the whole playbook, but ours must be too complicated 🤬

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Why is it that Auburn has so much trouble every year getting the offense installed and the players being able to understand 100% of it. Seems we ALWAYS have to pare down the playbook. Other teams can run the whole playbook, but ours must be too complicated 🤬

Have you seen who's been the last two head coaches.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Have you seen who's been the last two head coaches.

They had simple offensive schemes and ( especially Gus) not a whole lot of plays in the playbook

• Thanks 1

Just now, jluvah said:

They had simple offensive schemes and ( especially Gus) not a whole lot of plays in the playbook

Like I said coaching. Yes Gus off. is as simple as it gets but the coaching was god awful but I get your point.

• Like 1

Between spring and fall camp, Coaches can work 8 hours with players. This is a big change from the past and I expect HF to take full advantage of it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jluvah said:

This is probably because we’ve changed offensive coordinators and schemes more than a normal person changes socks and underwear 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

This is probably because we’ve changed offensive coordinators and schemes more than a normal person changes socks and underwear 

^^^^^^This. 2019 Kenny Dillingham, 2020 Chad Morris, 2021 Mike Bobo, 2022 Austin Davis, Eric Kiesau, 2023 Philip Montgomery

6 OC's in 5 years is tough for any offense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

^^^^^^This. 2019 Kenny Dillingham, 2020 Chad Morris, 2021 Mike Bobo, 2022 Austin Davis, Eric Kiesau, 2023 Philip Montgomery

6 OC's in 5 years is tough for any offense.

Austin Davis never set foot on the practice field or coaching room.   Dillingham was nothing but a coach that handed the ball to the quarterback at practice.   

• WarTiger changed the title to Routes determined by Defensive Alignment
14 hours ago, jluvah said:

because in the last four years we have had three different O's. once we get settled and keep the same offense all that goes away for the most part because we will know it better.

8 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

The Freeze offense is so good.  It does ask a little more from the QB and receivers.  It's early, they'll get it.   It will be fun to watch.

We will have more watching Offense under this staff than we have in 10+ years. Can't wait. Yes....for the WRs it is going to take time and repetition. By midway through fall camp they will have it.

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

We will have more watching Offense under this staff than we have in 10+ years. Can't wait. Yes....for the WRs it is going to take time and repetition. By midway through fall camp they will have it.

Agree but,,, the early Gus offense was fun to watch.  Then,,, it became infuriating.  Wait, never mind.  Yeah, about 10 years.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Agree but,,, the early Gus offense was fun to watch.  Then,,, it became infuriating.  Wait, never mind.  Yeah, about 10 years.

Yep...I almost said 13 years...but that 13 Gus Offense and even the 14 offense were glorious to watch. Not saying I would pick this team, but just simply "fun to watch" I would take the 13 Offense over 2010 Cam Offense. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Austin Davis never set foot on the practice field or coaching room.   Dillingham was nothing but a coach that handed the ball to the quarterback at practice.   

Dillingham would not have been able to make the moves he has made being what you described here. I believe you greatly missed the actual in your comment (IMO).

• Thanks 1