AttitUde The Story of the 1993 Auburn Tigers

aubiefifty

i thought some of you would enjoy this............

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I remember getting this video for Christmas in 1993. It's a shame Auburn got banned from TV that year. The Florida and Alabama games were definitely thrillers.

• Like 4

I also have the VHS somewhere.  I used to watch it all the time.  I still remember having to listen to all the games on radio.  Listening to Jim Fyffe call so many great games was a treat.  Can you imagine if Auburn hired the Samford coach now?  People would freak

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I also have the VHS somewhere.  I used to watch it all the time.  I still remember having to listen to all the games on radio.  Listening to Jim Fyffe call so many great games was a treat.  Can you imagine if Auburn hired the Samford coach now?  People would freak

i have the bumper sticker "we were not seen but we were heard" or something close to that. i remember one of the football players said they did not lose because bowden was shaking he was so nervous and they just could not let him down. great stuff and that last comment tells me they loved terry and had his back. rmember when stan was not doing well and one of the player jerked him up by the facemask and had a few words for him and he played better.i cannot remember who did it fang it.

1 hour ago, WVR said:

Still have my AttitUde pin😁

EA9D3047-5F62-49E2-97CE-CE10CA41F97E.jpeg

i had some of the pins and i think they are buried in a closet. i really enjoyed those.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 10:23 AM, aubiefifty said:

i thought some of you would enjoy this............

This is what turned me into an Auburn fan. My uncle had this and the 94 Audacity VHS tapes and I used to watch them all the time at my grandma’s house when I was a little kid. 

I started watching them in say 96 or 97? Even then the footage looked 10 years old lol maybe as a kid you don’t notice time as much as an adult. Thank you for posting. WDE!

• Love 1

On 3/27/2023 at 7:54 PM, Win4AU said:

It was almost a blessing in disguise because this is when I really appreciated Jim Fyffe

• Like 3

'93 was also a microcosm of Auburn fandom IMO. We went undefeated, beating some top tier teams, but the general Auburn fan attitude (as usual) seemed to be self-flagellation: "Corky Frost was naughty and it's better than '92 so let's just be happy we're undefeated". Although there's a long and at the time fairly recent list of probation teams sharing the natl title w/out bowling.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 7:54 PM, Win4AU said:

Can you imagine if Auburn hired the Samford coach now?  People would freak

Or Boise St? Oh wait……😅

On 3/27/2023 at 9:26 PM, aubiefifty said:

i have the bumper sticker "we were not seen but we were heard" or something close to that. 

The one my family had read “I saw it on the radio”….and like some of you, we had the pins they began to market:   I recall AttitUde and AUdacity.  Was there another?

• Like 1

Just now, Hamma said:

The one my family had read “I saw it on the radio”….and like some of you, we had the pins they began to market:   I recall AttitUde and AUdacity.  Was there another?

terry had a pin for every year he was there and i had all of them once. i think we should do this again with freeze and have an orange and blue swagger pin made. sometime back then they resurfaced legion field and i got a piece of that with 23 22 on it celebrating bo over the top. i thought it was a fun little item to collect. i paid ten bucks for it at the Gadsden mall in Penneys......

So if he was here from 93 to 98, what were the other slogans/words besides Attitude and Audacity?

I sat in Bryant Denny Stadium at watched the iron bowl on their big screen (only option if you were not at AU).   That place was 20:1 bama to Auburn - thought my brother was about to get in a fight with 15 or so bama fans.   we got out before the final whistle.   Great memory .... Nix coming in the game for white and launching deep on his first play to Sanders......   lovely 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jtauburntiger said:

I sat in Bryant Denny Stadium at watched the iron bowl on their big screen (only option if you were not at AU).   That place was 20:1 bama to Auburn - thought my brother was about to get in a fight with 15 or so bama fans.   we got out before the final whistle.   Great memory .... Nix coming in the game for white and launching deep on his first play to Sanders......   lovely 

I was there as well and it’s one of my best go to AU stories lol. We did stay to the end. Lotta fun to say the least. 

On 3/27/2023 at 6:54 PM, Win4AU said:

Can you imagine if Auburn hired the Boise coach now?  People would freak

auburn-alabama.gif

On 4/1/2023 at 8:06 AM, Hamma said:

So if he was here from 93 to 98, what were the other slogans/words besides Attitude and Audacity?

Found mine...

1993 - Attitude

1994 - Audacity

1995 - Authentic

1996 - Loyalty

1997 - W.I.N. (Whatever Is Necessary)

Edited by Viper
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2023 at 7:41 AM, Gowebb11 said:

Or Boise St? Oh wait……😅

20 hours ago, Viper said:

auburn-alabama.gif

We all know how the Harsin experiment ended but Boise State is/was a very respectable program on more or less the same level of football as Auburn.  Boise State has beaten Florida State, Georgia, and multiple Pac12 teams in the recent past.  I may have been in the minority but I was very optimistic on Harsin's hire initially.  Probably could be argued that hiring Boise State's coach is more impressive than stealing Liberty's and Arkansas State's coach 😁😁😁

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

We all know how the Harsin experiment ended but Boise State is/was a very respectable program on more or less the same level of football as Auburn.  Boise State has beaten Florida State, Georgia, and multiple Pac12 teams in the recent past.  I may have been in the minority but I was very optimistic on Harsin's hire initially.  Probably could be argued that hiring Boise State's coach is more impressive than stealing Liberty's and Arkansas State's coach 😁😁😁

Hiring the architecture of the Boise State program that put them on the map by accumulating all of those monster wins over P5 programs would have been impressive, but instead hiring his protégé and expecting similar results was like taking Mike Shula away from Don.

Speaking of Arkansas State’s coach, the Red Wolves must be a prerequisite on a résumé as each of our last three HCs were their HCs back to back to back from 2011-2013.

13 hours ago, Viper said:

Found mine...

1993 - Attitude

1994 - Audacity

1995 - Authentic

1996 - Loyalty

1997 - W.I.N. (Whatever Is Necessary)

Thank you!  I’m impressed.  Good find.  Are those yours?

17 hours ago, Viper said:

Found mine...

1993 - Attitude

1994 - Audacity

1995 - Authentic

Was with friends not long after "Authentic" was announced. All of us thought the shtick was stretching thin at that point. One of my friends asked what we all thought they were going to come up with next. I said "Probably 'AU S**t, what now?'"