This should concern you regardless of party

TexasTiger

On 4/13/2023 at 4:47 PM, TexasTiger said:

If he was a Republican, the Senate would never convict.

What if he was in a relationship with a Chinese spy?

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Talking about Rupert Murdoch?

Your approval for corruption is noted. Vlad Jr.  :gofig:

18 hours ago, homersapien said:

True, but it's just another indicator of how Republicans are dragging the standards of this country down. 

So, The Big Guy getting paid off by the Chinese Communists is lifting the country's standards? Dumbocrats are a hoot!

• Facepalm 2

Lots of assertions without any real evidence.  If you want the truth about Swallwell,,, here it is:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/eric-swalwell-chinese-spy/

There isn't really anything to hide.  He cooperated with the FBI when told she was a Chinese spy.  He was a city councilman at the time.

I do not see a scandal,,, just dirty politics.  And,,, plenty of people with below average ethics willing to do whatever it takes to smear someone.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 9:11 AM, Mikey said:

So, The Big Guy getting paid off by the Chinese Communists is lifting the country's standards? Dumbocrats are a hoot!

"getting paid off by the Chinese Communists"      Hilarious. :laugh: :ucrazy:

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"getting paid off by the Chinese Communists"      Hilarious. :laugh::ucrazy:

I have no problem with another investigation.  I have a big problem with those who seem to have skipped that step.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I have no problem with another investigation.  I have a big problem with those who seem to have skipped that step.

The Tucker Carlson Show suffices for them.  ;)

• Like 2

So, do we all now agree that there is nothing wrong with billionaires buying Supreme Court justices?

Thankfully, we have the Federalist Society to broker these deals, exchanges, friendships.

• Haha 2

On 4/19/2023 at 8:11 AM, Mikey said:

Sighs. 

On 4/19/2023 at 12:26 PM, homersapien said:

The Tucker Carlson Show suffices for them.  ;)

This aged poorly for them lol. 

On 4/15/2023 at 10:37 AM, homersapien said:

1) So, you think all this news about Thomas is false or fake?

2) Actually, I think any SCOTUS judge receiving benefits such as Thomas received - and not disclosing them - is scandalous. As well as his refusal to recuse himself from cases in which his wife has vested interests.  I think he's unprofessional and biased.

Republicans clearly support an oligarchical, authoritarian government. (Fascist in short.)  Thomas is clearly a prime mover in that effort.

In total - and since you didn't answer directly -  I'll take your answer as a "yes", you're perfectly OK with Thomas's behavior.

Dark money for politicians.  Dark money for judges.  What could go wrong? 

This isn’t about ethics at all. To pretend otherwise is comical. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

On 4/6/2023 at 9:12 AM, TexasTiger said:

Government officials receiving things, including event tickets, trips, etc., over a minimal amount is unethical and a violation of law. It would be so if this were Kagan or Sotomayer. In this case it’s Thomas. It’s outrageous and warrants action. 

Oh, totally, Tex. I am sure you were calling it "outrageous" and demanding Justice Sotomayer's head on a spike after she left six free excursions off her 2016 financial disclosure report. 😂

6 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Oh, totally, Tex. I am sure you were calling it "outrageous" and demanding Justice Sotomayer's head on a spike after she left six free excursions off her 2016 financial disclosure report. 😂

Give me a link to details and I’ll respond.

41 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Would you also like examples relative to Ginsburg and/or Breyer and/or Brown? Or have you already deemed those "outrageous" as well?

Edited by NolaAuTiger

13 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

12 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You think that’s equivalent?

Great "response" to the "details," Tex!

• Dislike 1

On 4/25/2023 at 9:54 PM, NolaAuTiger said:

This isn’t about ethics at all. To pretend otherwise is comical. 

That's not addressing my question.  

Never mind what it's about.  Do you think the information about Thomas's acceptance of large gifts and selling his house - without reporting either - is true or not? 

Edited by homersapien

7 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Great "response" to the "details," Tex!

Details— are you comparing overnight trips for a speaking engagement at a University to one’s spouse taking $686K from a political organization? If so, I’d say all such trips should be reported, but if that’s your case for equivalence, you’re laughable as an attorney, counselor.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Details— are you comparing overnight trips for a speaking engagement at a University to one’s spouse taking $686K from a political organization? If so, I’d say all such trips should be reported, but if that’s your case for equivalence, you’re laughable as an attorney, counselor.

the thing about all this is if it was a biden the right would be raising immortal hell about it. they will denie it but it is true. this is when loyalty to party ok's abuse to slide by.

On 4/19/2023 at 9:11 AM, Mikey said:

"The Big Guy"? 

I don't recall The Chinese Communists paying Trump any money, but his daughter got a bundle.

8 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

No. To the contrary, I am letting you demonstrate how full of s*** you, and your counterparts on here, are. You all deeply care about judicial “ethics” - bologna. None of you will proclaim Sotomayer unethical or her actions outrageous; hell, you, in particular, didn’t even know about her reports until I just showed you (setting aside the other three Justices I previously named).

“Government officials receiving things, including event tickets, trips, etc., over a minimal amount is unethical and a violation of law. It would be so if this were Kagan or Sotomayer. In this case it’s Thomas. It’s outrageous and warrants action.” 😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1