2023 Georgia 4* SG/SF Kario Oquendo

ellitor

KO is a solid player. Has size but lacks length. I like starting SF at 6-6 to 6-7 unless he has the 3 pt stroke and/or great quickness. Of course if we have All-Americans at 4 and 5 that can change the equation..

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Sounds like the staff sees it more like this

Ah.....  The "We'll have 5-7 transfers & look totally different" has dwindled down to 3 and only 1 impact guy?

Assuming Flanigan leaves we don't have anyone who can be a back up 3, right?  Cardwell staying seems to be 4 or 5.  If he stays we don't have we should be good at 5.  but either way who is our back up 4?

3 minutes ago, autan said:

KO is a solid player. Has size but lacks length. I like starting SF at 6-6 to 6-7 unless he has the 3 pt stroke and/or great quickness. Of course if we have All-Americans at 4 and 5 that can change the equation..

Agree.  He's 6'4.  That's going to be a really small line-up

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Ah.....  The "We'll have 5-7 transfers & look totally different" has dwindled down to 3 and only 1 impact guy?

That was just 1 insider's very early opinion I passed on because he turns out to be right a lot more thn not. AU basketball reporters have always said 3-5.

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

we don't have anyone who can be a back up 3, right?

C-Mo & Lior are expected to platoon there.

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

but either way who is our back up 4?

I just posted an article in The Nest FWIW.

I think we’re at the point where expectations should probably shift from expecting a class that’ll get Auburn back to championship contention. Think of something closer to one that’ll make us a top 4 contender in conference, and top 5ish seed in NCAA 

I don’t think we’ve shown the transfer prowess of an Arkansas, UA or someone that gets the best of the best from the portal every year. It probably doesn’t help that one of our lead coaches went to go find a new job 

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

That was just 1 insider's very early opinion I passed on because he turns out to be right a lot more thn not. AU basketball reporters have always said 3-5.

C-Mo & Lior are expected to platoon there.

I just posted an article in The Nest FWIW.

How do I get to this place called the Nest? 

1 hour ago, HAPvsOA said:

How do I get to this place called the Nest? 

donate to the site

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

C-Mo & Lior are expected to platoon there

Gross

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I'll admit, that didn't excite me, either.

So this rumored massive roster turnover is going to turn into we got 1 new shooting guard and everyone else coming back

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

So this rumored massive roster turnover is going to turn into we got 1 new shooting guard and everyone else coming back

So I know it's been stated that it's hard to gain 4+ meaningful contributors in the portal in one swing, but why couldn't BP lure some good potential bench players from other schools with the promise they'd get minutes here? BP plays a MUCH deeper bench than many high level teams (I think I witnessed KU play 6-7 this year). I find it hard to believe we can't find anyone in the portal better than Moore and Berman that aren't even seeing the floor at other high level teams.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 1

Just now, KansasTiger said:

why couldn't BP lure some good potential bench players from other schools with the promise they'd get minutes here?

@KansasTiger because most of the guys in the portal don't want to be bench players.

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I find it hard to believe we can't find anyone in the portal better than Moore and Berman.

We can but most want or expect to start.

• Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

@KansasTiger because most of the guys in the portal don't want to be bench players.

Well then I guess supply and demand will eventually sort that out or they're going to have to start at the mid major level. Seems to me a happy medium for some should be contributing at a power 5 vs transferring to start at LA Tech or something even lower level.

But in a world where every kid thinks they can one and done their way to the NBA and eventually fizzle out, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I fell into it a bit myself admittedly, but there’s some folks who really wanted that kid from Marshall to come here and…sit on the bench.

I at least wanted the guy to challenge for the starting spot, but there’s just no way we’re getting the caliber of guys some folks are expecting to sit and play 5-10 mins over starting spots at a lesser program (I.E. Florida) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Gross

Hey put some respect on their names.  Those are my two favorite players.  They bleed orange and blue and have made themselves into quality players 

• Like 1

Don't know how good this guy is but we've seem to have this type of player covered. What's imperative to get now is a guy around 6-8 that's super versatile defensively and preferably be able to handle the ball as well. We actually need around 2 of those guys. 

And then lastly an uber athletic shot blocker. Preferably a great rebounder as well but definitely an active and mobile defender. 

We don't need to overload on the same guys again. I don't care what anybody says we get in the no ball handler predicament again that's on Bruce. We need to find a diamond in the rough and the only way to do that is hit the streets and search!

• Like 2

On 4/12/2023 at 9:11 AM, toddc said:

There’s a chance that Cardwell could follow Wes. Not sure how accurate but if it is true then we will need one.

Looking more like he will stay now 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Looking more like he will stay now 

That is good news even though he is offensively limited he adds energy gets crowd pumped up plays solid Defense, boards well and gives Broome a rest without a huge drop off.

• Like 2