2023 4* FSU Transfer Wing Matthew Cleveland

toddc

7 minutes ago, JKClark said:

Reduce the turnovers had to be in there somewhere.    

Make a lay-up and dribble with your right hand had to have been mentioned too

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

How is Flans decision weighing in on this guy??? 

When you cant get out of the way of a co-ed on an electric scooter....

10 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Uhhh....

theres-a-lot-more-to-that-story-roberta-

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

So we're calling that an "electric scooter" these days, eh?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

Any updates on Cleveland yet?

@HAPvsOA He's going back to FSU to finish the semster then decide in 2-3 weeks where to transfer to. In his AU ecit interview it sounded like the Mizzou staff was in the best spot FWIW.

4 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

I'm still hoping AU can get 1 of those 2. 

Yoda, Star Wars, “There is another” : r/MemeTemplatesOfficial

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

@HAPvsOA He's going back to FSU to finish the semster then decide in 2-3 weeks where to transfer to. In his AU ecit interview it sounded like the Mizzou staff was in the best spot FWIW.

Yoda, Star Wars, “There is another” : r/MemeTemplatesOfficial

I love it! and wish I knew more.

Tyrin Lawrence whose officially visiting? or David Jones? The pickings are getting slim at SF if it's not Tyson or Cleveland.

4 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

He's a good 3 point shooter; it would be nice to have a few of them.

Hes not as good as Tyson. But I can't really judge them beyond a surface level since I haven't seen them play. I'll trust the staff for now.

On 4/28/2023 at 7:22 PM, KansasTiger said:

Hes not as good as Tyson. But I can't really judge them beyond a surface level since I haven't seen them play. I'll trust the staff for now.

Ones better offensively and one is better defensively

Auburn transfer target Matthew Cleveland sets decision date

52 minutes ago

One of Auburn’s major transfer dominoes will fall this weekend.

Florida State’s Matthew Cleveland will make his transfer decision Sunday, he said on social media Friday afternoon. The Seminoles’ leading scorer this past season will choose between Auburn, Miami and Missouri, all of which he visited late last month. Bruce Pearl and Auburn received his final official visit last week.

A former 5-star recruit from Pace Academy in the Atlanta area, Cleveland is one of the top transfers on the market at the 3 spot, a position the Tigers are looking to reload with Allen Flanigan not expected to return after his senior season.

"They need someone to come in and fill Allen Flanigan's spot," Cleveland said after his visit. “They've been very successful with people from Atlanta. That has been their message to me. It is a big deal. They've proven that they can do it, so why can't they do it again."

The Seminoles’ leading scorer this past season at 13.8 points per game, Cleveland improved as a 3-point shooter from his sophomore to junior year, hitting 35 percent of his shots from deep last season while also averaging 7.4 rebounds per night.

Vanderbilt guard Tyrin Lawrence also visited Auburn last week and is possibly the team’s biggest overall transfer target. At 13.1 points per game, Lawrence shot 36 percent from 3-point range — which would have led Auburn last season. A possible commitment to Auburn could be delayed for Lawrence, as he was invited to the NBA G League Elite Camp next weekend, where he could continue to advance in the draft process if he earns an invite to the NBA Combine.

Pearl already has two transfer additions on board this cycle: FIU's Denver Jones, the No. 2 scorer in Conference USA this year and a 37 percent shooter from deep, and UAH's Chaney Johnson, an athletic wing who was the Gulf South Conference Player of the Year this past season.

With the G-League news for Lawrence, I'm personally throwing a late full court press on Cleveland. I value Cleveland lower than the staff does, but the potential of this guy wowing heads at the Combine/Draft process, I gotta at least be a bit stirred by that if I'm the staff. 

• Like 1

It's easy to say Bruce knows what he's doing. And honestly I believe it 90% of the time. But this is dangerous if it's true we could have had Cleveland if we had focused on him. I dont know that there's enough of an appreciable difference in him and Lawrence to justify slow playing and losing Cleveland and now putting all your eggs in the Lawrence basket with Memphis and UGA right on your tail.

We've had recruiting misses like this before thats set us back, like some have mentioned. Others often write those off as not Bruce's fault, but its situations and choices like these that make me ponder if that's really true.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

It's easy to say Bruce knows what he's doing. And honestly I believe it 90% of the time. But this is dangerous if it's true we could have had Cleveland if we had focused on him. I dont know that there's enough of an appreciable difference in him and Lawrence to justify slow playing and losing Cleveland and now putting all your eggs in the Lawrence basket with Memphis and UGA right on your tail.

We've had recruiting misses like this before thats set us back, like some have mentioned. Others often write those off as not Bruce's fault, but its situations and choices like these that make me ponder if that's really true.

There's definitely an appreciable difference between this current core (even with Williams and Broome returning) and one that adds Cleveland. 

To me, Cleveland becomes pretty much your best player on the roster with his multi-position versatility, ability to go get a shot and experience on the highest level of ball. Chaney's missing the P6 factor (which isn't a must have but something to note), Lawrence can't play the 4 (and is probably a slightly smaller 3 than some you'd see), yadda yadda. All that to say that IF they had a chance to get him, they probably overthunk it trying to slow play to the degree they did  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

we could have had Cleveland if we had focused on him

@KansasTiger We did focus on him.

slow playing and losing Cleveland

It's possible that happened but hasn't been confirmed. As I said earlier there are mixed reports.

Memphis and UGA right on your tail.

May not even be the case.

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@KansasTiger We did focus on him.

It's possible that happened but hasn't been confirmed. As I said earlier there are mixed reports.

May not even be the case.

E always making me feel better. Thanks for the re-vectors.

Alot of Ifs and mays, though. I hope it all works out.

Edited by KansasTiger