2023 4* FSU Transfer Wing Matthew Cleveland

toddc

On 4/18/2023 at 6:36 AM, bigbird said:

I believe Cleveland is the floor

Not sure how I missed this but I believe most of Ohio would agree with you.

• Haha 8

Report: Florida State transfer forward Matthew Cleveland choosing between Auburn, Missouri, Miami

Andrew  Images)

Former Florida State forward Matthew Cleveland is one of the most sought after transfers in all of men’s college hoops. And according to On3’s Joe Tipton, Cleveland has narrowed his potential destinations down to three finalists.

The schools that Cleveland is choosing from: Auburn, Miami and Missouri. Rothstein gave no indication of any timeline for a decision from Cleveland. 

According to the On3 transfer portal rankings, Cleveland is one of the top players available. For those who have not committed, the former Florida State star sits at No. 12 overall. There is a reason nearly 20 schools have reached out since officially entering on Tuesday.

Cleveland has been one of the most sought-after players in the transfer portal since entering. 

When speaking to On3’s Joe Tipton, Cleveland mentioned he has heard from 17 different schools thus far. Programs from the ACC and SEC mostly make up the list as they are most familiar with the Alpharetta, GA native.

Arkansas

Auburn

Clemson

Georgia

Georgia Tech

Kansas State

Miami

Michigan

Missouri

NC State

Pitt

SMU

Texas

Texas A&M

USF

Wake Forest

Wichita State

Now just three of those schools have made the cut for the 6-foot-6 wing. 

In 2022-23 as a sophomore, Cleveland was consistently the best player on the court for a 9-23 Seminoles squad. He played in 30 games, starting all of them, and averaged a team-high 13.8 points per game and was second on the team with 7.4 rebounds per game.

Cleveland played high school basketball at Alpharetta (GA) Pace Academy, where he was a four-star prospect. He was the No. 25 overall recruit in the 2021 cycle, according to the On3 Industry Rankings, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies.

During his original high school recruitment, Cleveland announced a top five before committing to Florida State. Kansas, Michigan, NC State, and Stanford were all considered by the forward. Of that group of schools, two have reached out again in the portal — the Wolfpack and Wolverines.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Report: Florida State transfer forward Matthew Cleveland choosing between Auburn, Missouri, Miami

Andrew  Images)

Former Florida State forward Matthew Cleveland is one of the most sought after transfers in all of men’s college hoops. And according to On3’s Joe Tipton, Cleveland has narrowed his potential destinations down to three finalists.

The schools that Cleveland is choosing from: Auburn, Miami and Missouri. Rothstein gave no indication of any timeline for a decision from Cleveland. 

According to the On3 transfer portal rankings, Cleveland is one of the top players available. For those who have not committed, the former Florida State star sits at No. 12 overall. There is a reason nearly 20 schools have reached out since officially entering on Tuesday.

Cleveland has been one of the most sought-after players in the transfer portal since entering. 

When speaking to On3’s Joe Tipton, Cleveland mentioned he has heard from 17 different schools thus far. Programs from the ACC and SEC mostly make up the list as they are most familiar with the Alpharetta, GA native.

Arkansas

Auburn

Clemson

Georgia

Georgia Tech

Kansas State

Miami

Michigan

Missouri

NC State

Pitt

SMU

Texas

Texas A&M

USF

Wake Forest

Wichita State

Now just three of those schools have made the cut for the 6-foot-6 wing. 

In 2022-23 as a sophomore, Cleveland was consistently the best player on the court for a 9-23 Seminoles squad. He played in 30 games, starting all of them, and averaged a team-high 13.8 points per game and was second on the team with 7.4 rebounds per game.

Cleveland played high school basketball at Alpharetta (GA) Pace Academy, where he was a four-star prospect. He was the No. 25 overall recruit in the 2021 cycle, according to the On3 Industry Rankings, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies.

During his original high school recruitment, Cleveland announced a top five before committing to Florida State. Kansas, Michigan, NC State, and Stanford were all considered by the forward. Of that group of schools, two have reached out again in the portal — the Wolfpack and Wolverines.

That Miami NIL is nothing to mess with 

• Like 2

• ellitor changed the title to 2023 4* FSU Transfer Wing Matthew Cleveland

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He wants to be here

i have special love for kids that want to be here. i think it always makes a difference.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

How is Flans decision weighing in on this guy??? 

Thinks it's less that and more if we want him. Or Tyson. Or option C.

21 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

It's not. He won't be here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GreenTiger said:

@GreenTiger It's not. He and AU have moved on from each other even though it hasn't been said publicly yet. He'll either be overseas or at Ole Miss next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Hopefully he’s in the NBA

If he goes for NBA, he'll be done with college according to Bruce.  3rd time entering draft, he'd have to stay in. I wonder if he feels he won't get drafted. 

13 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

If he goes for NBA, he'll be done with college according to Bruce.  3rd time entering draft, he'd have to stay in. I wonder if he feels he won't get drafted. 

Yeah I saw that, but there’s still just too much potential that is there for you the first couple seasons out the draft…you should at least try the G-League cycle and see if you can get an end of bench spot for someone 

If there’s anyone who has ample draft evaluation though, it’s him. Who knows what he’s heard! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah I saw that, but there’s still just too much potential that is there for you the first couple seasons out the draft…you should at least try the G-League cycle and see if you can get an end of bench spot for someone 

If there’s anyone who has ample draft evaluation though, it’s him. Who knows what he’s heard! 

I would imagine he'd measure up well at combine. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If there’s anyone who has ample draft evaluation though, it’s him. Who knows what he’s heard

Reduce the turnovers had to be in there somewhere.    

• Haha 2