2024 Men's Recruiting Thread

ellitor

I know it's way late in starting this thread but with us still looking to add 2-3 high school players to this class I thought it was warranted. With that said we offered high 4* SF Tyler Betsey today.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@toddc Moved your Betsey posts over here.

Started to begin a new thread but I wasn’t sure.

23 minutes ago, toddc said:

Started to begin a new thread but I wasn’t sure.

Threw me off they were in the football recruiting forum but it's all good.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Do you have any thoughts about who they might be looking at. I also feel like we need another big. An injury to one of the three bigs would make us very small.

I wonder if the Alexander kid might get a few minutes. His grandfather was one of our all-time best centers. That was a different era of course. He was probably only 6'-6 or 6'-7.

18 minutes ago, autan said:

Do you have any thoughts about who they might be looking at. I also feel like we need another big. An injury to one of the three bigs would make us very small.

Nope. Just that they are looking.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

@gravejdIt's not. Still want 1 more big.

Wrapped up enough for me to stop worrying about next season. I doubt we find a big time contributor this late in the game. Maybe there is some development type big out there that we can take a flyer on. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Nope. Just that they are looking.

I'd be interested in any of these top transfers left. It sounds like we are looking for someone that could play the 4 or the 5, right? or more of a big wing that could play the 3 or 4? 

image.png

Edited by HAPvsOA

1 hour ago, HAPvsOA said:

It sounds like we are looking for someone that could play the 4 or the 5, right? or more of a big wing that could play the 3 or 4? 

@HAPvsOA 4/5 and I think we may go with a high schooler.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

kaluma, please!

He looks great, but after hearing the most recent ON3 podcast and reading between the lines, I think Freeze may be using a huge portion of our NIL resources for this years transfer portal haul. So Pearl may have to pick his spots until the football team has leveled up a bit and can take fewer transfers. This is all speculation by me and not from an inside source. 

• 3 weeks later...

Auburn target Cam Scott gives update on recruiting process

Daniel Locke 

June 20, 2023 4:00 pm CT

Recommended videos

Powered by AnyClip

College 12-Pack: Oregon vs USC

Unmute

Duration 0:58

/

Current Time 0:17

Advanced SettingsFullscreenPlayUp Next

College 12-Pack: Oregon vs USC

NOW PLAYING

College 12-Pack: Texas vs Oklahoma

College 12-Pack: Texas vs Alabama

College 12-Pack: LSU vs FSU

College 12-Pack: SEC Super Regionals

College 12-Pack: The Pop Tarts Bowl

College 12-Pack: Nick Saban vs Kirby Smart

Cam Scott, a 6-foot-5 shooting guard, is the No. 19 player in the class of 2024 according to On3. In an interview with Jamie Shaw of On3, Scott updated his recruitment.

Scott has taken four official visits. Other than Auburn, Scott has visited Oregon, South Carolina and Texas.

Buy Tigers Tickets

“I took early visits to Texas, Auburn and South Carolina,” Scott said. “They are all three absolutely still involved in my recruitment. My family and I have talked about revisiting those schools. However, there is only a certain amount of free time I have between now and when I commit, we are trying to see when and if we can fit anything in.”

Scott specifically talked about Auburn as well.

“Since the visit, I’ve been able to build my connection with the players. I already had a connection with the coaches and Coach (Bruce) Pearl when I went on the visit. Now I’m just building with some of the guys who are already there.”

There is plenty of competition for Scott’s commitment.

“I’ve got a visit scheduled to Ole Miss on Sept. 30,” Scott said. “We’re in the process of planning an Alabama visit soon too. Southern California recently offered as well, and they are talking about a visit. We are trying to see if we can fit one in with the time frame.”

Scott also elaborated on when a commitment can be expected.

“I don’t have a top group, and I probably won’t narrow my recruitment down at all before I pick a school,” Scott said. “I don’t have an exact date yet, but I’d like to commit before school ball starts. Sometime between Peach Jam and school ball starting.

“I want to go somewhere I can just zone out and get better. For me, player development is going to be big. I’ll be going into an entirely different playing field, so being able to just focus on myself and get better. I can see myself playing in most any system, I’m going to pick a school where I can best showcase my talent and feel comfortable.”

Auburn has one commit for the 2024 class, five-star guard Tahaad Pettiford. Auburn is still in the hunt for Labaron Philon, although he recently decommitted from the program.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a while since any news on any of the players we are recruiting in the 2024 class. Is it a case of no news is good news or are we striking out on any more current HS players in the 2024 class.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

It has been a while since any news on any of the players we are recruiting in the 2024 class. Is it a case of no news is good news or are we striking out on any more current HS players in the 2024 class.

I think we are in a dead period right now.

Not sure how active they are at this time, but AU extended an offer to 4-star SG Rakease Passmore out of Combine Academy (NC) last year (Sept), and he continues to impress and garner attention from a diverse mix of schools. He was a recent standout at the Pangos All-American Camp and was one of the most efficient scorers at Peach Jam this past week. I wanted to drop this link to an extensive, newly published evaluation equipped with nearly 80 film clips:

Rakease Passmore eval

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Four star PF Nic Codie lists Auburn among top choices

Daniel Locke

Bruce Pearl might be on his way to signing another top recruit.

Nic Codie, a 6-foot-8 forward from Carrollton, Texas, listed Auburn among his top choices.

Buy Tigers Tickets

Other than Auburn, Houston, LSU, Miami, TCU, Texas, and Virginia Tech are in the running.

In an interview with On3’s Joe Tipton, Codie says that he wants to go to a program that can develop him, as well as provide a family atmosphere.

“I want a coach that is going to develop me and let me know,” Codie said. I don’t want to play in a system that just focuses on one part of my game, I want to grow and develop my entire game. Early playing time is something that I’m looking at. I want to be at a place I can compete for early minutes.”

Codie is a four-star recruit according to On3. He is the No. 37 player in the class of 2024, the No. 6 power forward, and the No. 2 player in the state of Texas.

He would join five-star guard Tahaad Pettitford in Auburn’s 2024 class if he were to choose the Tigers.

On 6/23/2023 at 12:02 PM, Dunndone414 said:

Never got the sense Scott was the top target for Bruce. 

Cam Scott is committing on 8/11. Don’t imagine it will be us, but we’re a “finalist”.