2024 Men's Recruiting Thread

ellitor

His father, Jason, coached with Bruce at Tennessee. Shot maker (SG) and solid ball handler. 

IMG_2817.jpeg

4 hours ago, autigeremt said:

His father, Jason, coached with Bruce at Tennessee. Shot maker (SG) and solid ball handler. 

IMG_2817.jpeg

Wish he wasn't 5'10"

• Haha 1

On 12/4/2023 at 6:39 PM, PigskinPat said:

Saw where he committed to the State University of New Jersey. Apparently fanatics.com was able to purchase his services on behalf of his chosen university. Good for him. 

15 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Duuhhhh....

Rutgers??

Number 2 recruiting class in the country this year. Don’t think we were in It for Harper but sad we lost Ace Bailey to them

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just so all of you understand what I'm saying.... Caleb Holt. Don't care what you have to pay him 2026 do everything you can to get him to school here. Northwest Alabama sit a scout down in this area and recruit your ass off. On a per capital basis I'd bet it's the most talent in the state

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

Just so all of you understand what I'm saying.... Caleb Holt. Don't care what you have to pay him 2026 do everything you can to get him to school here. Northwest Alabama sit a scout down in this area and recruit your ass off. On a per capital basis I'd bet it's the most talent in the state

My understanding is Ira is recruiting him hard.

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

What the hell is in the water up there?

sure is some talented kids

On 12/19/2023 at 9:35 AM, mustache eagle said:

What the hell is in the water up there?

sure is some talented kids

One of my buddies that coaches in the Huntsville area sent me a tape of Huntsville high killing Hoover. Not being racist im just pointing it out Huntsville has a pair of white guys at the guard position that will put you on a poster real quick if you not playing hard as you can. 

I literally couldn't be happier with the talent that has come out of Northwest Alabama. Right now the area has 3 NBA players. That's amazing for such a small area. And I hope Mark makes it 4!

But yes the area is booming right now. Also I have a kid I think he's 14 now that I've known his entire life. If he doesn't be a high D1 prospect when it's time for him to graduate I'd be floored. Kaden Ragland. I think he's about 6'5" now just last year he was 6'2”. He's been high ranked since he was a 7th grader. He'll be class of '27

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

One of my buddies that coaches in the Huntsville area sent me a tape of Huntsville high killing Hoover. Not being racist im just pointing it out Huntsville has a pair of white guys at the guard position that will put you on a poster real quick if you not playing hard as you can. 

I literally couldn't be happier with the talent that has come out of Northwest Alabama. Right now the area has 3 NBA players. That's amazing for such a small area. And I hope Mark makes it 4!

But yes the area is booming right now. Also I have a kid I think he's 14 now that I've known his entire life. If he doesn't be a high D1 prospect when it's time for him to graduate I'd be floored. Kaden Ragland. I think he's about 6'5" now just last year he was 6'2”. He's been high ranked since he was a 7th grader. He'll be class of '27

I think them cats u talking about from Huntsville are both juniors.  Both are guards . One is 6'7". The other is 6'5". Both can play.

My grandson says HHS is favorite to win 7A state this year and next. Only one senior in starting 5 (a 6'-10 kid). Only loss to Montverde (Cooper Flaggs team).

On 12/26/2023 at 11:09 AM, cole256 said:

Is Kaden Ragland kin to Rayfield Ragland? Rayfield played at Coffee HS and was badass in all 3 sports. Pat Dye recruited him to play QB here at Auburn but he chose basketball at Clemson instead. He signed to the Cleveland Cavs for awhile then went to Europe and played like 15 years or so. Dude got drafted by the Minnesota Twins as well. 

6 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Is Kaden Ragland kin to Rayfield Ragland? Rayfield played at Coffee HS and was badass in all 3 sports. Pat Dye recruited him to play QB here at Auburn but he chose basketball at Clemson instead. He signed to the Cleveland Cavs for awhile then went to Europe and played like 15 years or so. Dude got drafted by the Minnesota Twins as well. 

I know Rayfield very well. He trains kids in the shoals area now. I've also had the pleasure of playing against and with him him. I think I'm still safe to say he's still regarded as the best if not best one of the best athletes to come out of Florence. It probably won't sound funny as I type it but one of my funniest memories of my cousin (who played for UNA basketball team) is my cousin and I happened to be on the same team and I told him yell if he needs help.... He was guarding Rayfield and they probably are around the same height but Rayfield weighed alot more.  Rayfield took him to the post and when he got the ball my cousin was yelling for me to come help him as if he was on fire or something.  It was so funny the way he was yelling help! 

As far as them being kinned I initially almost said no, but I actually don't know now. Kaden's Mom is from Florence so that makes it a very high probability. Kaden's dad played basketball for UNA and he was known for his cazy athletic abilities. He once participated in a reality slam dunk Sprite show. Usually in pick up games there would be a very good chance I would have to guard him. If you know big name Florence players Rudy Williams, Corey Hughes, Sometimes taj pretty (he was little though so only if I couldn't trust anybody else to guard him) are a few names that I would have to guard a bunch. I say that to say he has the genetics to maybe be very special.

His dad was 6'5 maybe 6'6" his mom is sort of tall, but is definitely lanky. As Kaden (KD) grows into his frame he has always had long arms and legs. I think he may end up 6'7" or 8. Either way as long as he keeps his lead guard skills, going to be a heck of a player, with court vision and solid decision making. 

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Oh and I'm sure you know this but other people on the board may not, but while at Clemson he played for Auburn's own Cliff Ellis! Small world right? Also the guys I named Rudy Williams and Corey Hughes played for coffee as well. To try to explain how insane this is.... Rudy was a year ahead of Corey. Rudy won Alabama 5A player of the year and the next season Corey won Alabama player of the year as well..... They were on the SAME TEAM!

Unfortunately Rudy didn't take his grades seriously at the time. He was supposed to come to Auburn play a year with Doc and take over the team. They sent him to the same juco Chris Porter went to. He eventually ended up coming back to Florence and playing for UNA. Of course soon as he stepped on campus he was the best player at the college and he was all conference and all of that.

As far as Corey like a movie he tragically collapsed playing one day out of the blue. Found out he had a heart condition and had to give up basketball. He was supposed to play for Alabama. They still gave him a scholarship in hopes he would get better .... That's how good he was. Unfortunately he was never the same. That is sad but he now coaches for Florence now. I think he's JV head coach and varsity assistant. At least he was last year when I last talked to him. He was a legend. One of the best shooters and was ridiculously athletic. 

To this day one of the best complements I have ever received in my opinion was him telling everybody on Facebook I may be the toughest person he ever faced defensively. That's how good he was, that coming from him is crazy. 

But that's just a little history for you Northwest guys that may like hearing or reminiscing on some of the past. If you guys like that I can tell more.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Are there any more high school recruits we are looking at for the 2024 class? We’ll need a small forward, a power forward, and two centers next year. Seems like a lot to fill out with portal only.

• Like 1

Howard should fill the other SF role, and assuming CBM is back we will back good there.

I would expect Cardwell would be encouraged to come back for his Covid year as well.

You are right we definitely need at least a  Center & PF from the portal.

• Like 1

If Cardwell could produce ANY sort of O, he would pull this team a long way.

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, AUGoo said:

If Cardwell could produce ANY sort of O, he would pull this team a long way.

No offense to Dylan at all, but with being 35.5 years old, I think it may be too late for him to have a more nuanced offensive game. Nothing wrong with just being a lob threat though 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

No offense to Dylan at all, but with being 35.5 years old, I think it may be too late for him to have a more nuanced offensive game. Nothing wrong with just being a lob threat though 

Thought he was 40

• Haha 1