2024 Men's Recruiting Thread

ellitor

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Thought he was 40

That man's first game was a year and a half removed from the UVA-Auburn game, and we're talking him about him potentially playing with people who will have just turned 18 in 2025. I think that's just incredible haha 

• Like 1

Would more offense from Cardwell be nice? Of course. But he's about as effective of a 2nd string center as you'll find IMO and a great fit for us

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Would more offense from Cardwell be nice? Of course. But he's about as effective of a 2nd string center as you'll find IMO and a great fit for us

He plays great defense on the block and can come out and cover smaller players when we switch. He is strong on the boards and is good for a couple of dunks on back cuts and usually at least one put back a game on a rebound. He is averaging 5.4 points a game, 4.4 rebounds, about 1 assist and only playing about 15 minutes a game.  As a backup Center you can't do much better.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

He plays great defense on the block and can come out and cover smaller players when we switch. He is strong on the boards and is good for a couple of dunks on back cuts and usually at least one put back a game on a rebound. He is averaging 5.4 points a game, 4.4 rebounds, about 1 assist and only playing about 15 minutes a game.  As a backup Center you can't do much better.

Exactly. And the fact that he doesn't need shots to be productive fits nicely alongside our 2nd unit bucket getters

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 10:19 PM, Tiger said:

Exactly. And the fact that he doesn't need shots to be productive fits nicely alongside our 2nd unit bucket getters

Cardwell was 5-6 from the floor and had 12 points against Ole Miss. Just one shy of Broome(13 pts). 

• Like 2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ole miss is a very solid team and to beat them on the road after getting hit on the mouth in the first half speaks well for this team. Sadly to many on this board will overreact based on a very good win. When we were on SEC win streak there were multiple posters who had us in the final 4 at the big dance. Then we lose two close road games and we suck. As Bruce has said many times we were not as good as some thought and while he didn't say it outrightafter the two losses we were  not as bad as some thought.

This is an evolving team with a lot of potential but so far without an Alpha dog. This was probably our best offense performance against a really good Ole Miss team. We killed them on the boards we shot great percentages both on two ball and 3 ball.  In second half we only had three turnovers. The other side is Ole Miss also shot great both on 2 point shots and three point shots so our Defense was not as good as it usually is.

Positives 6 players in double figures, 9 players scored only Cardwell didn't score but he had a defensive presence. Denver has had two good offensive games in a row, our bench was dominant again, We played great on the boards.  I see the potential but I need to see consistency in last couple games Chaney Johnson has looked like he finally belongs in SEC. CBM had one of his best games helping on defense, scoring, rebounding, and effort plays that pick up a team. KD was the good KD which is who he has been almost every game this season. Jaylin another great game and Broome's numbers this year speak for themselves.

One thing I don't understand about some of our fanbase is the way they talk about Jaylin Williams. He is having a great season, but when he has a bad game some of our fans come down on him like he is a bad player.  All players have bad games. CBM against Miss State looked lost, yet hardly anybody mentioned it. Today he looked like one of the best players on the floor. 

For us to win since we don't have a true Alpha Dofg wehave to win as a team. Not having an Alpha Dog has also been a blessing as it is hard for other teams to scheme around shutting down the Alpha Dog. If we can consistently compete on the boards and continue having 3-5 players in double figure with others plays scoring some, playing tough D and keeping our team fresh for end of season we have a chance to be good. 

This has been one of the most entertaining teams we have had in lst few years. Now lets go beat bama.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

😂😂 

39 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

😂😂 

I know at one time he seemed to like us a lot. Any chance the reason he is leaving Kansas to come to us?

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I know at one time he seemed to like us a lot. Any chance the reason he is leaving Kansas to come to us?

Probably because Kansas recruited over him. High profile players do not sign to come sit on the bench and high five. I hope he returns back to Auburn. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

No idea, but I thought his decommitment from us largely stemmed from Wes Flanigan’s departure? I realize a lot of water has flowed under the bridge since then…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad to see some north Alabama kids getting strong looks from Auburn in the upcoming years.

But I'm even more glad to see Auburn among the top choices for players that CBP really wants to pull in. Even now, this deep in CBP's tenure at Auburn, I am excited by his ability to attract exceptional off-the-radar talent.

Yeah, sure, sometimes they don't pan out. Zep, Greene, Aden, Travore, etc. But personally, I like his philosophy of recruiting players who have something to prove.

He's attracted some great talent to the Plains -- which we haven't seen in decades!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CR said:

Lot of Bama talk on him

They must have more NIL money than we do. Not that we are competing for this particular player but that they can load up on this much talent. 

Edited by Auburn93

14 hours ago, AURex said:

I'm glad to see some north Alabama kids getting strong looks from Auburn in the upcoming years.

But I'm even more glad to see Auburn among the top choices for players that CBP really wants to pull in. Even now, this deep in CBP's tenure at Auburn, I am excited by his ability to attract exceptional off-the-radar talent.

Yeah, sure, sometimes they don't pan out. Zep, Greene, Aden, Travore, etc. But personally, I like his philosophy of recruiting players who have something to prove.

He's attracted some great talent to the Plains -- which we haven't seen in decades!

Wendell worked out I would say. He was all sec.

38 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Wendell worked out I would say. He was all sec.

To me, WG3’s AU narrative would be completely different if he had made just half of the late game shots that either he or BP set up for himself. I don’t remember how many times we were in a GW FG opportunity and he just couldn’t make the big shot at the very end.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

To me, WG3’s AU narrative would be completely different if he had made just half of the late game shots that either he or BP set up for himself. I don’t remember how many times we were in a GW FG opportunity and he just couldn’t make the big shot at the very end.

I remember a bunch of these situations at the end of games.

I remember saying at the end of these games:  Their guards were just better than ours at the in the last 5 minutes of the game when it really counted.

3 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

They must have more NIL money than we do. Not that we are competing for this particular player but that they can load up on this much talent. 

I mean that wouldn’t be particularly surprising, but we are likely paying the most for any one player between both rosters in Broome and they are losing a ton of players. We don’t even need to necessarily load up on talent, we lose like 4 players from last year’s team, and we’ve already found the most important replacement for those departures.

You just gotta look at the rosters.

If Dickinson comes back then flory bidunga may ask for his NLI release just like philon did.