Big Cat Weekend Thread

toddc

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Come on Bird. You know when Went see a top 100 ranked player, he's like 

Gimme-gimme-gimme GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

And that's wrong why?

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

And that's wrong why?

Not wrong. Guess I should have posted the rest of what I was thinking...not caring where the recruit is on the staff's board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not wrong. Guess I should have posted the rest of what I was thinking...not caring where the recruit is on the staff's board.

There is something to be said for having guys that are a good “fit”. But we been trying that. The teams that get those top 100 guys and 5* (especially on the lines of scrimmage) are the ones more likely to be in a relevant post season. I’m star chasing, baby! Top.Five.Classes!

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

There is something to be said for having guys that are a good “fit”. But we been trying that. The teams that get those top 100 guys and 5* (especially on the lines of scrimmage) are the ones more likely to be in a relevant post season. I’m star chasing, baby! Top.Five.Classes!

@AuCivilEng1You're over analyzing my post. I didn't say nor imply anything about best fit. Staffs can have lower rated players higher on their boards based purely on what they see on the field from the player.

Oh and FTR, Gus was a star chaser, and still is. So we've been trying star chasing in the past.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AuCivilEng1You're over analyzing my post. I didn't say nor imply anything about best fit. Staffs can have lower rated players higher on their boards based purely on what they see on the field from the player.

Oh and FTR, Gus was a star chaser, and still is. So we've been trying star chasing in the past.

I know what you meant. My post was just more admitting I’ve become a star chaser and less of an argument on your post. 

Gus didn’t star chase on the lines of scrimmage though. That’s the difference.  If he had landed some high quality offensive lineman, he’d probably still be at Auburn. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Gus didn’t star chase on the lines of scrimmage though. That’s the difference.  If he had landed some high quality offensive lineman, he’d probably still be at Auburn. 

I think that is the point.  Gus star chased not considering need.   He would take a 4 star player even if we had more than enough at that position.   He would pass  over a 3 star  player at a position of need.   anything to get his average star rating up.  we had some high ranked classes at the expense of a well managed roster.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Gus didn’t star chase on the lines of scrimmage though.

@AuCivilEng1 Yes he did. He went hard after most of the top guys. When he whiffed on most of them on the OL he wouldn't take plan Bs or Cs in most cases. That's why we were short on OL in many years. It's been thoroughly documented on here over the years countless times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@AuCivilEng1 Yes he did. He went hard after most of the top guys. When he whiffed on most of them on the OL he wouldn't take plan Bs or Cs in most cases. That's why we were short on OL in many years. It's been thoroughly documented on here over the years countless times.

Well here's what I'm going to need you to do, then. Make sure that we star chase those OL's and win the battles. Get to it, E.

Chop Chop Hurry Up GIF - Chop Chop Hurry Up Come Along Now - Discover &  Share GIFs

Just now, augolf1716 said:

This will be the best "Big Cat" ever.....

Recruiting is going unbelievable something I didn't thing could happen so quickly

Dont Give GIFs | Tenor

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

It's been thoroughly documented on here over the years countless times.

that70s-show-shame.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bigbird said:

you-may-not-like-it-but-accept-it-wwf.gi

I read that in a Macho Man voice. Just so you know. The cream of the crop will rise to the top!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I read that in a Macho Man voice. Just so you know. The cream of the crop will rise to the top!

I'd have been disappointed if you hadn't...it's the only way to read it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd have been disappointed if you hadn't...it's the only way to read it.

So...when can we start expecting these commits to roll in, Birdman?

Bolden, TJ Lindsey, Perry, Riddick, and the Simmons brothers. Those are my expectations between now and the end of Big Cat. We better land every single one of them, or I will be immensely disappointed and my day will be ruined. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

This will be the best cat ever in what way? By who is attending? Or by who we gonna get?

Yes 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

This will be the best cat ever in what way? By who is attending? Or by who we gonna get?

I will say by who is attending but it will be hard to beat Seastrunk, Lattimore, and Dyer. Seastrunk is the only one playing in the NFL which I find interesting. Dyer did not have the attitude and Latt was injured. 

Edited by Auburn93

1 minute ago, Auburn93 said:

I will say by who is attending but it will be hard to beat Seastrunk, Lattimore, and Dyer.

FYI Dyer was not at Big Cat and committed later in the year. 

• Like 2

I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas and wondering about all the great presents I'm about to receive and praying that I don't get socks and underwear.  

Little Boy Waiting for Santa Stock Photo - Image of secret, festive:  62795552

Edited by alabastertiger
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, toddc said:

Wow! I really hope this staff knocks it out of the ballpark. This day and age stability needs to be a big selling point because of the portal. I know it is always an important issue but still!

Even if they don't commit or sign they need to know that this staff isn't going anywhere.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Patterson and Bolden in the same class...

Do-it-to-it GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Which two would you prefer together?

Bolden 

Haywood

Patterson 

Solomon

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Bolden 

Haywood

Patterson 

Solomon

Which two?! That’s mighty defeatist of you. Get them all!

I def want Bolden. I don’t really care which one of the others. Whichever one is ranked higher 😂

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Bolden 

Haywood

Patterson 

Solomon

1- first two 

2- Second two 

• Thanks 1

Kids got balls. I’ll give him that. He’s gonna get roasted to the moon and back if we miss on them.

IMG_2636.jpeg

Edited by AuCivilEng1