Big Cat Weekend Thread

toddc

So, “Big Cat Wrestling”, um I mean BIG CAT FOOTBALL WEEKEND IS coming soon and it’s gonna be a good one!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, toddc said:

So, “Big Cat Wrestling”, um I mean BIG CAT FOOTBALL WEEKEND IS coming soon and it’s gonna be a good one!

Well they could be wrestling with a rope as tug o war is usually 1 of the games played.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well they could be wrestling with a rope as tug o war is usually 1 of the games played.

*Cough cough red rover cough*

• Haha 2

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• Like 1

• Like 1

Lemme ask this, from anyone who’s tuned in to this process. Is there a number of recruits that would make it counter productive for this staff (so many guys to spend time with that nobody gets enough attention and love)? 

I only ask, because I couldn’t imagine having to recruit 40 recruits at one time, enough to make them all come away thinking your program is the best one for them. 

Really nice problem to have, though. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Lemme ask this, from anyone who’s tuned in to this process. Is there a number of recruits that would make it counter productive for this staff (so many guys to spend time with that nobody gets enough attention and love)? 

@AuCivilEng1 Yes. That's why we've never had more than 50.

14 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I only ask, because I couldn’t imagine having to recruit 40 recruits at one time, enough to make them all come away thinking your program is the best one for them. 

It's not hard at that number when you have all the recruiting department involved in BCW, including the off field staff.

17 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I could see this as a challenge. On the flip side, I could also see it as a benefit with guys who are decided to help recruit other guys who are undecided and create relationships and bonds early on. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

I could see this as a challenge. On the flip side, I could also see it as a benefit with guys who are decided to help recruit other guys who are undecided and create relationships and bonds early on. 

Some of the guys coming are coming to recruit too.

• Like 5

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

From what I understand it is a low pressure just have fun experience. While I am sure the coached talk a little about recruiting I think letting the young man just play around and have fun goes a long way to proving that Auburn is a family environment  and by doing that helps in recuiting.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ha.  Hugh is too good.  Decent problem to have!

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

From what I understand it is a low pressure just have fun experience. While I am sure the coached talk a little about recruiting I think letting the young man just play around and have fun goes a long way to proving that Auburn is a family environment  and by doing that helps in recuiting.

This 100%.    Allow Auburn to sell herself because she surely can particularly with our new FOF.  Let the other recruits do the heavy lifting and the coaches will discuss need, possibly for immediate impact and NIL opportunities.

• Like 5

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

This could be the one of the most important BCW's ever. Can't remember any others being more important off the top of my head.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I may be wrong but I believe AJ Hill, the 2025 4 star QB from Houston County, GA (Warner Robins) is attending Big Cat. I don't see him on the list so now I'm wondering. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SouthGATiger said:

I may be wrong but I believe AJ Hill, the 2025 4 star QB from Houston County, GA (Warner Robins) is attending Big Cat. I don't see him on the list so now I'm wondering. 

@SouthGATiger He's not on AU 247's or AU On3's BCW list yet FWIW.

• ellitor pinned and featured this topic

Cole Pinkston of AU On3 just put the over under for commits at BCW at 3.5, and that's not including Riddick from Wednesday.

Whoa-damn GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2
  • Love 2