Big Cat Weekend Thread

toddc

On 7/3/2023 at 10:07 PM, cbo said:

Texas makes the best by far

Bout time they do something right. Even insiders from there metaphorically do this...

Cerrano Strike GIF | Gfycat

• Haha 1

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Bout time they do something right. Even insiders from there metaphorically do this...

Cerrano Strike GIF | Gfycat

mr-young-bird-poo.gif

• Haha 1

• Like 2
  • Love 1

From my town in Athens Alabama 

ColePinkston

Auburn Recruiting Analyst

Staff member
Spencer Dowland, a 2025 offensive lineman from Athens (Ala.), will be at Big Cat Weekend. 

Auburn likes this guy a good bit. He has early offers from Ole Miss, Tennessee, Mississippi State and...
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, toddc said:

From my town in Athens Alabama 

ColePinkston

Auburn Recruiting Analyst

Staff member
Spencer Dowland, a 2025 offensive lineman from Athens (Ala.), will be at Big Cat Weekend. 

Auburn likes this guy a good bit. He has early offers from Ole Miss, Tennessee, Mississippi State and...

Great kid(my daughter’s friend) and seems to be still filling out. 6’6”, 290# and wrestles as well. His family has been posting his offers and they seem most excited about this one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, nhanderson31 said:

Great kid(my daughter’s friend) and seems to be still filling out. 6’6”, 290# and wrestles as well. His family has been posting his offers and they seem most excited about this one.

Do you live in Athens?

10 minutes ago, nhanderson31 said:

Yep, born and raised here.

Small world, me too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GAAubie said:

Any chance of getting more OL and DL players in for Big Cat?

Supposedly yes. JLee saus they are coming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Four-star safety and Georgia commit Jaylen Heyward to attend Big Cat Weekend

JD McCarthy

Auburn isn’t done fighting for elite safety Jaylen Heyward, who has been committed to the Georgia Bulldogs since Jan. 13.

Heyward has continued to visit schools since committing and is planning to make his return to Auburn for Big Cat Weekend, according to a report from On3’s Jeffrey Lee.

Buy Tigers Tickets

Heyward is the No. 77 overall player and No. 4 safety in the On3 Industry Ranking. The Rockledge, Florida product is also the No. 14 player from the Sunshine State.

He previously visited Auburn on March 17 and is expected to return for an official visit at some point according to Lee. He took official visits to Georgia, UCF and Miami during June.

Auburn safeties coach Zac Etheridge is leading the charge for the Tigers and he has already proven he can flip elite players from top schools. Last year he pried four-star cornerback Kayin Lee from Ohio Stateduring the early signing period.

While Auburn has plenty of work ahead if they are going to steal Heyward from the Bulldogs, getting him on campus for Big Cat Weekend would be a major development.

• Like 1

We have a pretty impressive list of guys coming for Big Cat. I’m going to be very sad if we don’t get bombaded with commitments. I’d love to see at least 5 2024’s and 2 2025’s. 

8 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m going to be very sad if we don’t get bombaded with commitments. I’d love to see at least 5 2024’s and 2 2025’s. 

@AuCivilEng1 I wouldn't expected them immediately. We likely get that many, or more from BCW attendees later in the cycle.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AuCivilEng1 I wouldn't expected them immediately. We likely get that many, or more from BCW attendees later in the cycle.

You don’t think we should expect a hand full of guys to commit during the biggest recruiting weekend of the year?!

image.gif.2150a03932a417dddb475932283e8c29.gif

6 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You don’t think we should expect a hand full of guys to commit during the biggest recruiting weekend of the year?!

image.gif.2150a03932a417dddb475932283e8c29.gif

Not in the numbers that were in your OP because we never have gotten more than a few on BCW or within a few days after BCW.

17 hours ago, toddc said:

His running style reminds me very much of a young Carnell Williams.