Big Cat Weekend Thread

toddc

14 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

3 of em would set me over the top.

Me too considering we've never landed 3 5*s in 1 class.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

Any Oline or other DLine prospects?

@Tigger1985 Supposedly expected to be added. We are still over 3 weeks away.

• Thanks 1

For being a 4* kid, he's got a pretty light offer list.

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

5*+ Ryan Williams added to the BCW list

Big! I just read that he deleted all Bama posts on his Instagram. Who knows if we sign any of these guys, but it sure is nice to be taken seriously as a program again, by high schoolers. 

• Love 1

Didn't the Auburn Live guys say Alvin was going to Oregon? I hope that doesn't mean much.

But, interesting to hear about RW.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Jordan Ross is a surprise visitor to Big Cat

It's interesting. Not a lot of the schools one would think would be involved are involved with his recruitment.  

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It's interesting. Not a lot of the schools one would think would be involved are involved with his recruitment.  

And some backed off recently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Didn't the Auburn Live guys say Alvin was going to Oregon? I hope that doesn't mean much.

It shouldn't. He's not expected to commit for a while.

Given what was just posted in the other thread, I don't see why my "if" qualifier about certain players showing up are unreasonable.

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I don't see why my "if" qualifier about certain players showing up are unreasonable.

I'm almost afraid to ask but what "if" qualifier?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I'm almost afraid to ask but what "if" qualifier?

When I said that if all the players on that list show up to BCW, it's great.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I heard Fla And GA have backed off

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I heard Fla And GA have backed off

And neither State school is in hot pursuit.

• Like 1

Walker White 'pumped' for Big Cat Weekend

knows how important his next trip to Auburn will be.

He'll be in town later this month for Auburn's Big Cat Weekend, trying to lock down several other high-priority targets Auburn will host. It will be White's first visit since June, when he participated in the Tigers' elite camp.

With several top-caliber players expected to attend, White's ready to get recruiting.

"I’m just pumped up to see all these recruits," White said. "Some of these guys, I haven’t really met in person, including some of the commits that we already have. I’m just excited just to build those relationships with those guys coming. I feel like we’re gonna have a really fun time."

Walker White will be at Auburn's Big Cat Weekend. (Caleb Jones | AuburnSports.com)

Among the list of guys attending, some of the most notable include Alabama wide receiver commit and five-star safety . 

"I want them to understand that walking into this [2024] class, there will be a lot of talent around them with a coaching staff that is so eager to develop," White said. "I’ve told them y’all have an opportunity to come in and be such a difference maker for this program."

Relationships are everything, and not just between recruits and coaches. Yes, recruits want to be familiar with the coaches they'll be playing under. However, it's also important to know the guys that you'll play alongside.

"The more you talk, the more you grow to learn about each other," White said. "It’s all about seeing if you connect with the guys. It’s sometimes tough to pick a school when you don’t really know the other guys going into it, so weekends like this will be really helpful to Auburn."

This year's Big Cat Weekend is expected to host more high-level recruits than the last few Big Cat's that have occurred. Hugh Freeze's involvement in recruiting is a significant factor in that and why Auburn is in contention for several of these top players.

"I think there’s something about Coach Freeze and this staff that he’s put together," White said. "It’s created such a momentum and the recruits are drawn to it, I’m drawn to it. The way they make you feel when your there and their pitch to you, it makes a recruit want to play for Coach Freeze."

Guys like White bought into the vision early and now are working to expand their class. Already, the caliber of players committed to Auburn is a sign that things are heading in the right direction. The Tigers are ranked third in the nation in average stars for a commit, trailing only Ohio State and Georgia.

6'3" | 210 lbs | DUAL QB | 2024

Little Rock Christian

Auburn's class sits No. 48 in the nation with 10 commitments. There's more to come down the road and White is hoping that Big Cat Weekend only boosts that number.

"It’s just a collective effort to get there," White said. "It’s gonna be a very, very interesting weekend to pay attention to."

• Like 2

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, toddc said:

Per 24/7 as of 7/16 there are only 37 5* in 24/25 currently.

17% of them will be in Auburn during 1 weekend.

🥶🧊❄️

• Like 7