Big Cat Weekend Thread

toddc

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

WDE Eric

I seriously think we are about to shock everybody with the talent we are bringing in from BIG Cat. 2-5 silents I heard just from there alone. These guys have teamed up on SnapChat and other Social Media. Auburn is THE place TO BE right now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, EricLCountry said:

I seriously think we are about to shock everybody with the talent we are bringing in from BIG Cat. 2-5 silents I heard just from there alone. These guys have teamed up on SnapChat and other Social Media. Auburn is THE place TO BE right now. 

For sure. There's definitely a buzz around Auburn right now. I can't ever remember recruiting being this exciting. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

@JerryAU There's only 1 5* OL in this class.

Ok.  Let me reword the question. 

Is the staff currently trying to flip the top rated OLmen in this class? 

They've been massively successful (IMHO) flipping other position groups so far, with promises of even more to come.  I hope they're bombarding every olinemen other SEC teams have verbal commits from in an effort to flip them as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

They've been massively successful (IMHO) flipping other position groups so far, with promises of even more to come.  I hope they're bombarding every olinemen other SEC teams have verbal commits from in an effort to flip them as well. 

Trying to figure out why we would try to flip only certain position groups. Makes more sense to me that it is determined by where they believe they are in the relationship rather than a particular position group.

Edited by Hank2020

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Trying to figure out why we would try to flip only certain position groups. Makes more sense to me that it is determined by whete they believe they are in the relationship rather than a particular position group.

I see what you're saying.  I'm trying to figure out why we wouldn't try to flip talent from a position group in dire need?  

25 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

@JerryAU He's from Cali with no known state of Alabama ties unlike his teammate Deandre Carter, who has family in B'Ham, so I doubt it.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

I see what you're saying.  I'm trying to figure out why we wouldn't try to flip talent from a position group in dire need?  

In my mind, with this assumption, we are taking outcomes and assigning selective efforts. In my assumptions we are applying efforts to relationships that have a higher probability of success.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JerryAU said:

This far into the recruiting cycle normally you would only spend time and effort on players you already had a relationship with.  The players we flipped we had been working on for a long time and they had shown some interest in Auburn even though committed to another team.  Most of the O-linemen we pushed for just recently committed to another team even though we were pushing hard for them when they committed. I am sure coaches keep in touch with them but unless the player shows some reciprocal interest the recruiters need to spend their limited time on keeping the ones we have and convincing the ones on the fence.  

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2

Britt could follow in brother’s footsteps

AUBURN | K.J. Britt prowled the middle of Auburn’s defense for four years, totaling 119 tackles and 13 tackles-for-loss in 42 games played from 2017-20.

Younger brother plans to spend a good portion of his college years chasing quarterbacks as an edge rusher.

Could that also be at Auburn?

Britt has already visited Auburn a number of times including Saturday's Big Cat. (Bryan Matthews/AuburnSports.com)

“I like Auburn but I’ve just got to enjoy the process,” the younger Britt said. “K.J. just wants me to choose the right place for me.”

Britt, 6-foot-2 and 230 pounds, has plenty of time to choose a college. The 2026 prospect is going into his sophomore season at Oxford (Ala.) High.

He had 53 tackles, 12 tackles-for-loss and three sacks as a freshman.

“I’m ready for it. I’m just ready to ball out,” said Britt of his second year of high school football.

6'2" | 230 lbs | SDE | 2026

On the recruiting front, Britt was in Auburn Saturday for Big Cat where he saw the Tigers add two new commitments including a flip by Rivals100 wide receiver from Alabama to Auburn.

“That was cool about him flipping to Auburn,” said Britt. “It says Auburn is a very good program and they have a good staff and good people around here.”

Britt said AU defensive coordinator Ron Roberts is recruiting him as a Jack linebacker. He’s been to Auburn several times and plans to return this fall for some games.

Britt already has offers from Auburn, Arkansas and UCF.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Like 3