Baseball vs Samford @ Hoover Met

Washout. Teams there and Auburn Broadcast crew. Reportedly field looked similar to JHS prior to infamous “rain delay” game vs W Virginia several years ago and further rain/hail expected. Would have been great to get a little experience on the field prior to SEC tournament.

My understanding is the team will stay in B’ham tonight. If weather allows will participate in a “ Miracles for Baseball” game tomorrow and lunch. Then on to Oxford for a 7:00 pm Thursday night series start.

WDE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Washout. Teams there and Auburn Broadcast crew. Reportedly field looked similar to JHS prior to infamous “rain delay” game vs W Virginia several years ago and further rain/hail expected. Would have been great to get a little experience on the field prior to SEC tournament.

My understanding is the team will stay in B’ham tonight. If weather allows will participate in a “ Miracles for Baseball” game tomorrow and lunch. Then on to Oxford for a 7:00 pm Thursday night series start.

WDE!

I hate rainouts but so glad our guys, especially our pitchers will all be fresh starting Thursday! Hoping we get out the brooms and get the sweep 🧹 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Reportedly field looked similar to JHS prior to infamous “rain delay” game vs W Virginia several years ago and further rain/hail expected

I was at that game as a student, brought my brother along. One of my best college memories. I really thought we were gonna die, that sky looked like the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse were upon us. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I hate rainouts but so glad our guys, especially our pitchers will all be fresh starting Thursday! Hoping we get out the brooms and get the sweep 🧹 

My thinking as well. Glad is not a wasted trip. Some “goodwill” tomorrow and on to Oxford.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

I was at that game as a student, brought my brother along. One of my best college memories. I really thought we were gonna die, that sky looked like the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse were upon us. 

Yep, my brilliant college student son ruined his cell phone pre game. Think the rain cost me about $300 bucks.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Yep, my brilliant college student son ruined his cell phone pre game. Think the rain cost me about $300 bucks.

Yeah a lot of people had that happen. Business was booming at the nearby phone stores. I looked at the forecast in advance and threw my phone in a ziplock bag…a 1-cent bag saved me hundreds! 🤣

5 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Yeah a lot of people had that happen. Business was booming at the nearby phone stores. I looked at the forecast in advance and threw my phone in a ziplock bag…a 1-cent bag saved me hundreds! 🤣

My very smart now engineer son gave it no thought. Kudos to you. Most youngsters thought the cell phone was like a limb they were born with. I could not believe kids even carried them to a game.

I raised three boys and all very well now. Hardest thing to wean them off of was the cell phone Mom and Dad furnished. 

• Like 1