2023 North Texas 3* Transfer LB Larry Nixon Commits to AU!

toddc

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

That's a lot of production for a guy 247 and On3 rate as a 3* transfer.

You nailed it!! Some of these portal players have very good stats and look the part on film but the services will rate them alot lower than they should be. 

I've read really good things about Nixon III and he looks like a baller. 

I know our linebacker room was a big concern and we've addressed it by getting some transfer guys in here. Do y'all think our LB room got better, alot better or stayed the same? WDE

8 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Do y'all think our LB room got better, alot better or stayed the same? WDE

Production and experience is much better. 

If anything, this will help separate the chaff. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Zeek said:

Sings does not impress me but I understand the logic

But he Sings ... do you want him to dance too???   :)

I understand that CHF is desperate to fill the gaping holes in the roster left by Harsin, so yep, grab a dude. And I sincerely hope he does well at Auburn.

That said, raiding the "Mean Green" which went 7-7 in the AAC for multiple players does not inspire the kind of gushing adulation I'm seeing here at AUF.

Yes, I hope they can contribute and even become superstars. I guess I'm hoping our coaching staff is seeing magical potential that other teams missed, leaving them at North Texas rather than a major power 5 program.

Best of luck to them all.

• Facepalm 2

12 hours ago, AURex said:

I understand that CHF is desperate to fill the gaping holes in the roster left by Harsin, so yep, grab a dude. And I sincerely hope he does well at Auburn.

That said, raiding the "Mean Green" which went 7-7 in the AAC for multiple players does not inspire the kind of gushing adulation I'm seeing here at AUF.

Yes, I hope they can contribute and even become superstars. I guess I'm hoping our coaching staff is seeing magical potential that other teams missed, leaving them at North Texas rather than a major power 5 program.

I listened to Cole Cubelic yesterday on the radio.  Like him or not he knows football and he absolutely raved about out 2 pickups from North Texas, particularly the receiver. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, AURex said:

Rex, judging someone's football talent simply by the school they attended is a mistake.   The LA Chargers, I just picked them randomly, had the 4th best record in the AFC last year.   Here are some of the colleges that their active roster players attended: Campbell, UC Davis, Northern Colorado, Samford, Western State Colorado, South Alabama, Lane, Colorado State Pueblo, North Texas x2 (a WR and a corner), North Dakota, Louisiana Lafayette, Indiana (Pa.), Buffalo, Delta State, Stetson, Old Dominion x2, North Dakota State, Sioux Falls, William and Mary.   That is 21 players (including 2 from North Texas -- NT has a total of 7 active roster players right now in the NFL) on just one NFL roster.   NFL caliber players (let alone SEC caliber players) are scattered about.  It takes great talent evaluators to go and find them.   Until this staff proves me wrong, I going to assume they are really good talent evaluators.   I don't think "desperate" is the correct word.   If CHF were desperate, he would have signed a QB (like a Zack C.) in the first transfer window.   I think the better word is methodical.   He hasn't jumped at the first available at any position.    He has jumped when he felt there was a good fit.   And, the talking heads seem to think we have either the 2nd best or 3rd best transfer haul.    Time will tell!!!!  War Eagle.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Rex, judging someone's football talent simply by the school they attended is a mistake.   The LA Chargers, I just picked them randomly, had the 4th best record in the AFC last year.   Here are some of the colleges that their active roster players attended: Campbell, UC Davis, Northern Colorado, Samford, Western State Colorado, South Alabama, Lane, Colorado State Pueblo, North Texas x2 (a WR and a corner), North Dakota, Louisiana Lafayette, Indiana (Pa.), Buffalo, Delta State, Stetson, Old Dominion x2, North Dakota State, Sioux Falls, William and Mary.   That is 21 players (including 2 from North Texas -- NT has a total of 7 active roster players right now in the NFL) on just one NFL roster.   NFL caliber players (let alone SEC caliber players) are scattered about.  It takes great talent evaluators to go and find them.   Until this staff proves me wrong, I going to assume they are really good talent evaluators.   I don't think "desperate" is the correct word.   If CHF were desperate, he would have signed a QB (like a Zack C.) in the first transfer window.   I think the better word is methodical.   He hasn't jumped at the first available at any position.    He has jumped when he felt there was a good fit.   And, the talking heads seem to think we have either the 2nd best or 3rd best transfer haul.    Time will tell!!!!  War Eagle.  

Thanks for this @LPTiger You are exactly right about the NFL rosters. They are full of guys from small schools and small towns. Every kid in the county is not on a year round camp circuit or from high schools near SEC campuses. I’m excited to see our portal guys on the team and watch them compete within the SEC next year. And yes, CHF has been very methodical in his approach to the rebuild. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Thanks for this @LPTiger You are exactly right about the NFL rosters. They are full of guys from small schools and small towns. Every kid in the county is not on a year round camp circuit or from high schools near SEC campuses. I’m excited to see our portal guys on the team and watch them compete within the SEC next year. And yes, CHF has been very methodical in his approach to the rebuild. 

Webb, I think of guys like Walter Payton.    How did Ole miss and Miss St. not see his talent?  From Columbia Miss and spends 4 years at Jackson State....

• Like 1

• Zeek unpinned this topic