2024 5*+ S KJ Bolden (UGa)

ellitor

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

It was not going to be us if that was the case and you see it playing out now. There was no way those schools were going to let go once he left BCW. They probably wouldn’t have if he committed but it would have been a lot better for us. 

Regardless, it’s still not worth getting triggered over and we still have a hell of a class and have a real shot of getting a really good safety in Paterson.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Class is still going to be good

No need to claim moral victories and spin it.

Nobody is claiming moral victories, or spinning anything, but there’s also no need for anyone to get triggered over it either.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We are only taking one or two safeties left in this class. If we get Paterson, then it’s  none to one more safety in the class with him being the one. He’s worth waiting for especially if we get Paterson.

Again , we can agree to disagree 

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Regardless, it’s still not worth getting triggered over and we still have a hell of a class and have a real shot of getting a really good safety in Paterson.

Who is triggered ? Because I disagree with you I am being triggered ? Lol get over yourself . 

Edited by DAG
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

IMO, Time to focus on Patterson and Juice

Yep let’s get a full court press on these guys , if KJ doesn’t pick us ( we don’t know that yet). It should be way less time trying flip someone when we can grab someone who meets what we want to do for the future.

Patterson is one hell of a player. Wouldn’t even consider it a loss if we lose on Bolden and pick him up. Both are elite. 

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nobody is claiming moral victories

Plenty are

I can't believe that I'm being a voice of positivity here but after last week I view KJB as gravy. Carter is one I actually really want.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If they could get commitments today and tomorrow from TJ and Carter or Franklin in the next day or two, it would soothe the sting of getting so close with Bolden and losing him. But let’s be honest here. Losing a 5* to Georgia is gonna hurt. 

At the same time, there are Auburn fans on other boards completely turning on each other. 3 months ago, we as a fanbase had no clue that we’d even have a shot at Bolden. Auburn fans gotta calm down. We are either cocky and unbearable when we are winning or super negative and unbearable when we are losing.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If they could get commitments today and tomorrow from TJ and Carter or Franklin in the next day or two, it would soothe the sting of getting so close with Bolden and losing him. But let’s be honest here. Losing a 5* to Georgia is gonna hurt. 

At the same time, there are Auburn fans on other boards completely turning on each other. 3 months ago, we as a fanbase had no clue that we’d even have a shot at Bolden. Auburn fans gotta calm down. We are either cocky and unbearable when we are winning or super negative and unbearable when we are losing.

Yeah let’s not kid ourselves, Patterson would be a good addition,  but he is not on the level of Bolden. Also auburn fans definitely need to humble themselves because a great many of them didn’t want freeze to begin with. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah let’s not kid ourselves, Patterson would be a good addition,  but he is not on the level of Bolden. Also auburn fans definitely need to humble themselves because a great many of them didn’t want freeze to begin with. 

Personally, I think Patterson would be a better than “good” addition. Kid is a stud. 

• Like 1

This recruitment took an interesting turn once Dad got involved.  As of Tuesday we had KJ and Mom.

• Like 5

Just now, Barnacle said:

What a wild it’s been!

It's been awesome!  It also shows all of us what is possible.  Imagine having 2 years to recruit a kid like KJ.  We're gonna get ours and they know it and are worried.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Personally, I think Patterson would be a better than “good” addition. Kid is a stud. 

Semantics . I’ve called him elite several times over . 

Edited by DAG

Just now, bigbird said:

It's been awesome!  It also shows all of us what is possible.  Imagine having 2 years to recruit a kid like KJ.  We're gonna get ours and they know it and are worried.

No doubt!!

18 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Maybe. I just don’t see Patterson as a consolation. Both have a chance to be impact players in this league. 

That’s fine , at the end of the day he might not be but there is a reason why KJ was a 5 star and has schools like UGA fighting for him, I am sure he is a major priority for them. That is undeniable right there. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Who is triggered ? Because I disagree with you I am being triggered ? Lol get over yourself . 

He the only cat I know who says he don't like to debate. But every post he makes is some sort of rebuttal🙃

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

That’s fine , at the end of the day he might not be but there is a reason why KJ was a 5 star and has schools like UGA fighting for him, I am sure he is a major priority for them. That is undeniable right there. 

I’m not questioning how good a prospect Bolden is. He has Patrick Peterson-like athleticism. To your point, our own staff have prioritized KJ. I’m just not sleeping on Patterson, who has also earned a fifth star and is widely regarded as one of the top safety prospects in the country. You are looking at two players who could potentially both be first/second team all SEC/ACC safeties. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This recruitment took an interesting turn once Dad got involved.  As of Tuesday we had KJ and Mom.

I'm sure Dad been involved all along, not just since Tues

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I’m not questioning how good a prospect Bolden is. He has Patrick Peterson-like athleticism. To your point, our own staff have prioritized KJ. I’m just not sleeping on Patterson, who has also earned a fifth star and is widely regarded as one of the top safety prospects in the country. You are looking at two players who could potentially both be first/second team all SEC/ACC safeties. 

I agree. I am definitely not saying we should sleep on him. If anything I am saying put a full court press on him now. I am definitely not going to spend anytime trying to flip bolden when I can get this guy who can be quite impactful himself . 

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

I agree. I am definitely not saying we should sleep on him. If anything I am saying put a full court press on him now. I am definitely not going to spend anytime trying to flip bolden when I can get this guy who can be quite impactful himself . 

Think we should just take both of them 😂

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Dad didn't like Auburn?