2024 5*+ S KJ Bolden (UGa)

ellitor

19 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

I'm not convinced it's over no matter what he chooses. I believe it was Zac Blackerby in an interview with Walker White that said KJ plans to OV Auburn for the Georgia game. PLEASE let that be the 8:15 kickoff!

He is going to OV even though he is committed somewhere else ? Sounds like a free trip for him if that is the case. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

He is going to OV even though he is committed somewhere else ? Sounds like a free trip for him if that is the case. 

Another opportunity to get him...

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Yup I’m betting he OVs the Auburn/Georgia game too lol

8 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

The Grant of Rights re: TV money does not expire until 2036. Under that, FSU would get no TV money for its home games if they left the ACC. Even if FSU’s lawyers found a way to break that contract, you can bet that would be litigated. 

That's why I put in my post if they could get out without breaking the bank.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

It was pretty clear from auburn on3 that it’s been moving away from AU all week. 

@GwillMac6 How did you get that from Cole's posts all week when he had essentially AU was in the thick of it and at times gaining momentum before last night?

ETA: Nevermind: Just saw JLee's post last night. Would have been nice if he was posting those updates all week as he was getting them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Yup I’m betting he OVs the Auburn/Georgia game too lol

As of right now he is scheduled to visit us on our bye week, which makes no sense.

So, who's it looking like? FSU or uga? If it's not us, I'd prefer FSU. Means he's willing to go out of state, and I can't stand uga. The meltdown would be epic. 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

As of right now he is scheduled to visit us on our bye week, which makes no sense.

In times past the statement has been made that scheduling an important recruit on an off week gives the staff more time for one-on-one attention.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Another opportunity to get him...

We are not getting him , I rather time really goes into showering guys invested in getting here. Not just for free trips for athletes. We showed him all the love at BCW. If he didn’t get it then, oh well. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Seeing a lot of negativity about this on ON3 right now. 

IMG_4779.gif

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Seeing a lot of negativity about this on ON3 right now. 

Haha what just happened ? I am so I fused? So we were essentially tied until last night now it seems we hadn’t been in it since he left..

I was partly joking last weekend but it did worry me when he left and did not commit, but was told we should wait. Well this is what waiting look like, gives other schools the opportunity to match 

Let us not Kidd ourselves, getting KJ would’ve been amazing. They don’t make athletes like him very often. Literally program changing athletes. I just hope we move on if he inevitably picks against us. There are still quality depth guys out there. I do not blame the coaches. It’s just frustrated to see or hear you are right there when you are not. Also I don’t consider it sour grapes if we move on. We really need to concentrate on filling out this recruiting class. We have some of the best secondary coaches around, there is still some quality players out there to to really focus on. 

Edited by DAG

Kirby simply can’t allow the perception that they are losing their grip on recruiting getting more pro-Auburn coverage. Freeze snagging another 5*  GA wants badly would cause an earthquake in Athens. He was so, so dirty as Saban’s bagman I hope Freeze and the boys pluck some guys from his class. 

KJ is a good young man. He hasn’t shown his cards. He has been respectful. No reason for sour grapes or apples or whatever the saying is . Anyways 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, DAG said:

We are not getting him , I rather time really goes into showering guys invested in getting here. Not just for free trips for athletes. We showed him all the love at BCW. If he didn’t get it then, oh well. 

@DAG even after he commits, he will still be open and plans to take visits to multiple schools. As many analysts have said his recruitment won’t be over till December. He’s worth playing the long game for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@DAG even after he commits, he will still be open and plans to take visits to multiple schools. As many analysts have said his recruitment won’t be over till December. He’s worth playing the long game for.

We can agree to disagree. I think you go after the needs you can get , fill them while you can and use the transfer portal to fill any gaps. 

38 minutes ago, DAG said:

Haha what just happened ? I am so I fused? So we were essentially tied until last night now it seems we hadn’t been in it since he left

Apparently we were losing ground going all the way back to Sunday night, but Jeffrey Lee didn’t post it till last night so who knows.

40 minutes ago, DAG said:

was partly joking last weekend but it did worry me when he left and did not commit, but was told we should wait. Well this is what waiting look like, gives other schools the opportunity to match 

If it would’ve been us, he wouldn’t have committed at BCW anyway. He had already had plans in place to commit today and nothing was going to change those plans.

• Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

Apparently we were losing ground going all the way back to Sunday night, but Jeffrey Lee didn’t post it till last night so who knows.

If it would’ve been us, he wouldn’t have committed at BCW anyway. He had already had plans in place to commit today and nothing was going to change those plans.

It was not going to be us if that was the case and you see it playing out now. There was no way those schools were going to let go once he left BCW. They probably wouldn’t have if he committed but it would have been a lot better for us. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

We can agree to disagree. I think you go after the needs you can get , fill them while you can and use the transfer portal to fill any gaps. 

We are only taking one or two safeties left in this class. If we get Paterson, then it’s  none to one more safety in the class with him being the one. He’s worth waiting for especially if we get Paterson.

Class is still going to be good

No need to claim moral victories and spin it.

• Like 5