Bo Nix Comments

He gave another interview a while back where he said he ultimately left because Harsin “sucked the fun out of football.” Some Auburn fans may be over him or blame him for leaving. I hate that he left, but get why he did.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 9

1000% the best move for Bo. Auburn has been a graveyard for quarterbacks, at least he was able to get out and get some production elsewhere. Hopefully Freeze and co. will be able to put the Auburn quarterback graveyard season in the past. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I remember all the 100% accurate (supposed) that led some of us to sour on the Nix’s. Hope it works great for Bo this year. I am an Oregon fan this year. 

58 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

1000% the best move for Bo. Auburn has been a graveyard for quarterbacks, at least he was able to get out and get some production elsewhere. Hopefully Freeze and co. will be able to put the Auburn quarterback graveyard season in the past. 

Absolutely.

If he stayed he wouldn't be anywhere close to who he is today 

• Like 9

17 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Good article about Bo Nix. I still wish he had stayed at Auburn but sounds like he did what he thought was best for him. Hope he has a great season.

Bo Nix, week after Alabama remark, asked about Kiffin comments, valued time at Auburn - al.com

“One of my ultimate goals was to play football at Auburn and beat Alabama. I did that,”

Have always believed that a healthy Bo Nix in 21 equals beating Bammer twice.

• Like 7

He had a monster year last year.  His completion percent went from 61% to 72%; that just doesn't happen.  3 points is usually season to season progression.  Everything about his game improved.  He threw for 1,300 more yards season over season, his QBR went up by 35 points, he completed 100 more passes year over year....he almost tripled the # of TD's he threw.   Coaching matters.  Heisman contender.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, japantiger said:

He had a monster year last year.  His completion percent went from 61% to 72%; that just doesn't happen.  3 points is usually season to season progression.  Everything about his game improved.  He threw for 1,300 more yards season over season, his QBR went up by 35 points, he completed 100 more passes year over year....he almost tripled the # of TD's he threw.   Coaching matters.  Heisman contender.

bo proved he knew what he was doing when he left. unless something bad happens to him this year he will have already proved the transfer was the smart move and he will be worth way more money after he left auburn as well. and this all falls on hars and not auburn.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, japantiger said:

While I agree in principle, he still wet the bed against UGA, the only SEC team he played. It is a good move on his part to leave Harsin when he did, but those improvements are simply leaving the SEC. He goes to Ole Piss or UT or something, may have a good season but not that good of a season. It is still the PAC 10 is my point. Love Bo, and agree with him leaving us, but just gotta be real about it. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 7/22/2023 at 3:36 PM, ScotsAU said:

he ultimately left because Harsin “sucked the fun out of football.”

He was honest in that statement and I can say that Harsin did the same thing for me.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, jw 4 au said:

While I agree in principle, he still wet the bed against UGA, the only SEC team he played. It is a good move on his part to leave Harsin when he did, but those improvements are simply leaving the SEC. He goes to Ole Piss or UT or something, may have a good season but not that good of a season. It is still the PAC 10 is my point. Love Bo, and agree with him leaving us, but just gotta be real about it. 

Did you watch any of Bo's games last year? I did. He'd have done very well in the SEC last year if not playing for Harsin. As for not doing well against UGA, that happens to most teams & QB's that play against the national champion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think Nix has objectively gotten better but was paired with two 2 coaches with s*** passing offenses and that couldnt develop qbs. They also put a barely functioning team around him. 2019 had probably the best pieces around Nix, bit even then the oline was just solid and not great. It is true though the pack 10 has by far worse defense than the SEC. The only real way to judge Bo was if he went to a team with really good but not insane talent (like LSU level or something) and then had to play Georgia or Bama. On a more level playing field against excellent defenses, what would he do. Oregon has the skill position guys but their lines cant matchup with absolute killers like Georgia's d line. 

• Like 2

On 7/23/2023 at 4:17 PM, AUpreacherman22 said:

Bo is an AU kid.  
He’s a good QB.  
He could’ve been very good for us.   Unfortunately, he came at the worst time for AU football.  😰

Amen. He made the right choice. We all love Auburn but if we were here and it was 100% going to ruin our future employment for whatever reason, any of us would leave.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jw 4 au said:

This is a major over simplification, IMO.

Very few QB's have improved over the years at Auburn, especially under Malzahn/Harsin.  Nick Marshall is about the only example I can think of. Stidham actually regressed IMO. Bo Nix would have done the same had he stayed, so he made the best choice for himself. 

Jason Campbell blossomed into something special under Tubbs, but it was the emergence of Borges and the use of the "Gulf Coast" offense and the plethora of playmakers around him, along with the stout D that helped. 

Man, I'd love to see that type of team show back up at Auburn. 

• Like 5

I'm not mad at Bo, but neither do I consider him an Auburn man.  He came, played average at best, quit, and moved on to play for another team.  He's an Oregon man, not an Auburn man.  Just my take.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

I'm not mad at Bo, but neither do I consider him an Auburn man.  He came, played average at best, quit, and moved on to play for another team.  He's an Oregon man, not an Auburn man.  Just my take.

Sometimes people leave situations, not places. He's not on my list of favorite Auburn QBs but neither is Stidham. At least Nix played with a passion. I never got the feeling that Stidham minded losing all that much.n

On 7/22/2023 at 4:01 PM, AUINSY said:

He made the perfect business decision.  Sometimes you have to take your heart and soul out of it, get down to business and do what's best for you and your future.  Bo, I'm sure with the help of Pat did that and they will reap the benefits. 

2 hours ago, JerryAU said:

He made the perfect business decision.  Sometimes you have to take your heart and soul out of it, get down to business and do what's best for you and your future.  Bo, I'm sure with the help of Pat did that and they will reap the benefits. 

Perfect, spot on

I don’t blame him for leaving or question why. He ultimately did the best thing he could do for his career.

however…he (and his dad) were  a little petulant about how they left instead of standing up for Auburn and just being super transparent and saying, no for real, this guy sucks, we need to look hard at this. That’s the only thing that riled me up at the time. Would have preferred him standing tall and moving Auburn through a hard time instead of how it went down. But …with time comes perspective. He’s still an Auburn dude. 

and if I weren’t an Auburn dude, I’d be an Oregon dude.

• Like 4

We asked a lot of Bo and he delivered as best he could even as a lot of the base gave him hell. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2