After going after stoves and generators, Biden Admin wants to control your Lighbulbs

KansasTiger

Is anyone still buying this is still about the environment? The government will find any reason it can to work its way into every facet of your life if you let it.

Screenshot_20230801_195419_Brave_1.thumb.jpg.b036ae806cc88a38e111ec6dfde69000.jpg

https://nypost.com/2023/08/01/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-incandescent-lightbulb-ban/

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

There's a good reason for it. Incandescent lighting is horribly inefficient. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, AUDub said:

There's a good reason for it. Incandescent lighting is horribly inefficient. 

Straight facts, my mom works in lighting and she replaced all of out incandescents in this old house we moved into and our power-bill went down a ton.

• Like 1

This is the kind of thing good government should do.  It doesn't take a climate discussion to understand that reducing power consumption is a good thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

he is just picking now. he can talk purty but if anyone votes for trump they have no room to raise hell about ANYONE else.

It's not about light bulbs, it's about government control of citizen's lives. Control is the goal. If the LED bulbs are that much better, people will buy them. Me, I prefer light from the incandescent bulbs and that's what I use in my house.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

14 hours ago, AU9377 said:

This is the kind of thing good government should do.  It doesn't take a climate discussion to understand that reducing power consumption is a good thing.

Here, I'll fix this for you: "This is the kind of thing good government should suggest."

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Here, I'll fix this for you: "This is the kind of thing good government should suggest."

Incandescent bulbs are literally 120 year old tech. Only 5% of the energy generates light - 95.% heat. Which in the summer is remarkably dumb. However, it’s a fair question about individual rights … even if it’s dumb (obviously this is mainly about energy and climate stuff). However, houses have insulation requirements,  ac’s now must use Puron, cars have emissions requirements, ect - feels sort of consistent with the tone of the last 50 yrs.

• Like 2

Factoring in all the benefits of incadescant vs LED it doesn't make sense to buy anything other than an an LED light bulb. I suspect this policy may have been put in place to allow companies who manufacture incadescant light bulbs to write off a higher value on their taxes. Maybe even allow them to apply for government loans to move their operations to a different sector.

8 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Incandescent bulbs are literally 120 year old tech. Only 5% of the energy generates light - 95.% heat. Which in the summer is remarkably dumb. However, it’s a fair question about individual rights … even if it’s dumb (obviously this is mainly about energy and climate stuff). However, houses have insulation requirements,  ac’s now must use Puron, cars have emissions requirements, ect - feels sort of consistent with the tone of the last 50 yrs.

Yes, this restriction is consistent with the policies of recent decades. I'm simply tired of restrictions and in any case, the current administration seems intent to control every phase of life from light bulbs to backup generators to washing machines. When is it too much?

• Thanks 1

In this day and age it's imperative we take as much load off of our power grids as possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

In this day and age it's imperative we take as much load off of our power grids as possible.

Absolutely, so let’s demand all new cars will be EVs by 2030.   Our government at work.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Absolutely, so let’s demand all new cars will be EVs by 2030.   Our government at work.

You and your strawmen lol

1 minute ago, Didba said:

You and your strawmen lol

So I guess you think it’s all rational tinking.

The Newsom vs DeSantis debates will be interesting.

Edited by I_M4_AU

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

So I guess you think it’s all rational tinking.

The Newsom vs DeSantis debates will be interesting.

What? Why do you always "guess" what I am "thinking"?

All I did was point out that when you take someone's statement and exaggerate it to an extreme to discredit the original statement it is a strawman. Which is what your reply did.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You do know that is political satire, right?

On 8/1/2023 at 7:56 PM, KansasTiger said:

Is anyone still buying this is still about the environment? The government will find any reason it can to work its way into every facet of your life if you let it.

Screenshot_20230801_195419_Brave_1.thumb.jpg.b036ae806cc88a38e111ec6dfde69000.jpg

https://nypost.com/2023/08/01/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-incandescent-lightbulb-ban/

The Biden Crime Family has been taking bribes from the phony "clean energy" industry for years.

We all know that there is no global warming and, even if there is, there is nothing that can be done about it.

Democratic controlled government is nothing but jack booted thugs denying our freedom and liberty.

The real conspiracy is,,, that this is nothing but a distraction away from the pedophilia of Democrats and their desire to make our children feel so guilty about their heritage and privilege that they become easy to trans.

Let's all go,,, "full stupid".  Freedumb!

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

33 minutes ago, Didba said:

What? Why do you always "guess" what I am "thinking"?

All I did was point out that when you take someone's statement and exaggerate it to an extreme to discredit the original statement it is a strawman. Which is what your reply did.

I guess because I don’t know what you are thinking.  That is pretty simple.  I pointed out that saving a little on light bulbs is not going to affect the drain on the grid the EVs are going to put on the grid in years to come.  

36 minutes ago, Didba said:

You do know that is political satire, right?

Of course I do, but the debate will be interesting.  You do know they have agreed to debate, right?

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/02/desantis-debate-gavin-newsom-fox-00109577

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

It's not about light bulbs, it's about government control of citizen's lives. Control is the goal. If the LED bulbs are that much better, people will buy them. Me, I prefer light from the incandescent bulbs and that's what I use in my house.

Should we still have gasoline with lead in it? What about cotton seed dust? Does it hurt to mandate the wearing of seat belts?  You get the point.

There are tons of things that we could do, but we don't.  We could ultra pasteurize milk and keep it on the shelf to be refrigerated after opening and it would last months.  We don't do that because we want to keep dairy farmers in business.  

On 8/1/2023 at 7:56 PM, KansasTiger said:

Funny how ten years ago, almost everyone would have agreed that the choice of chilly lights or chilly rooms should be left to the personal preference of the individual citizen.

At this point, why leave it to a household to decide whether to turn down the thermostat during the winter, or take shorter hot showers, or turn off lights when they are not needed?   

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Funny how ten years ago, almost everyone would have agreed that the choice of chilly lights or chilly rooms should be left to the personal preference of the individual citizen.

At this point, why leave it to a household to decide whether to turn down the thermostat during the winter, or take shorter hot showers, or turn off lights when they are not needed?   

It won't be a choice soon. Mark my words, they saw they can lock us down during COVID, and at some point climate lockdowns will be on our doorstep.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2