I keep hearing that Biden is killing U.S. energy, yet U.S. will set record this year for crude oil production.

AU9377

Well, like ALL pols, the Economy cannot be allowed to drag you to a loss.

Do you think there is anything wrong with us selling record fossil fuels?

Biden has been killing US energy since his 1st day in office when he stopped construction of the Keystone XL2 pipeline. Oil production is up because of American industry and in spite of Biden's pro Russia/China energy policies.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I wonder why Joe sold a million barrels of oil to China out of our strategic oil reserve?  I’m sure it was a shrewd business deal that greatly benefitted American interests.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I wonder why Joe sold a million barrels of oil to China out of our strategic oil reserve?  I’m sure it was a shrewd business deal that greatly benefitted American interests.

He did that and is doing several other things to aid the Communist Chinese. For instance, blocking the mining of rare earth minerals in the United States and the recent move of turning more than a million acres of land that holds uranium into a national monument, thus stopping uranium mining there. When China says JUMP, Biden has to ask How High. If he doesn't they'll spill the beans about his involvement in Hunter's bribery deals.

• Like 1

So trump was a Russia surrogate and Biden is now in china’s back pocket. I would suggest the Biden issue is that he’s simply been kidnapped by the progressives green new deal stuff. Not everything has to be a conspiracy does it?

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

Biden has been killing US energy since his 1st day in office when he stopped construction of the Keystone XL2 pipeline. Oil production is up because of American industry and in spite of Biden's pro Russia/China energy policies.

Sure, oil production is up because of American industry.  There is literally no way it couldn't be because of American industry.  What policy toward Russian energy do you believe should be changed?  The conversation is a difficult one.  It is not as easy as cutting the flow of Russian oil and gas into the international market.  We have to consider the impact, especially on European allies and not cause an economic disaster in Europe.

11 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

So trump was a Russia surrogate and Biden is now in china’s back pocket. I would suggest the Biden issue is that he’s simply been kidnapped by the progressives green new deal stuff. Not everything has to be a conspiracy does it?

The bolded part of your statement is false. About Biden, I suggest that he has to do their bidding or else they will spill the beans about where all that bribery money went.

10 hours ago, AU9377 said:

What policy toward Russian energy do you believe should be changed?

Change nothing about Russian energy. The change needs to be here at home. Biden needs to back off his war against the America fossil fuel and nuclear sources and let them operate. Stop putting roadblocks in America's way, the result of said roadblocks being favorable economic opportunities for our adversaries, Russia and China.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Change nothing about Russian energy.

You might have forgotten that shortly after Biden took office he took off sanctions on the Nord Stream 2 pipeline that allowed Russia to complete the project.  This gave Russia a pipeline to Germany that bypassed Ukraine and deprived them of a lot of revenue.  The Ukraine President was against this action as he predicted correctly that Russia would then invade Ukraine.

Interestingly enough, this happened in May of 2021 and Russia invaded Ukraine in Feb of 2022. 

• Facepalm 1

On 8/11/2023 at 7:51 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Because he is a communist, like all Democrats.  They want to promote China and destroy America.

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You might have forgotten that shortly after Biden took office he took off sanctions on the Nord Stream 2 pipeline that allowed Russia to complete the project.  This gave Russia a pipeline to Germany that bypassed Ukraine and deprived them of a lot of revenue.  The Ukraine President was against this action as he predicted correctly that Russia would then invade Ukraine.

Interestingly enough, this happened in May of 2021 and Russia invaded Ukraine in Feb of 2022. 

Right.  Our intel was telling the Ukraine that Russia would not invade.

Putin is not the enemy.  Joe Biden is our enemy.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Nord Stream 2 is still not a functioning pipeline.  Germany put a halt to it.  There is Nord Stream 1.

12 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Nord Stream 2 is still not a functioning pipeline.  Germany put a halt to it.  There is Nord Stream 1.

That’s not what happened until Russia invaded Ukraine.  I was talking about incidents that lead up to the invation.

12 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, I didn't forget Biden's approval of a pipeline for the Russians while disapproving one for America. It's just that such acts of his favoring China and Russia have become so commonplace that one can't fit them all into just a few posts.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

20 hours ago, AU9377 said:

That the Russian pipeline isn't functioning clearly isn't Biden's fault. He approved it. Approved that one while stopping America's pipeline construction. I'd ask whose side Biden is on, but there's no need. It's clear whose side he is on and it's certainly not America's side.

43 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That the Russian pipeline isn't functioning clearly isn't Biden's fault. He approved it. Approved that one while stopping America's pipeline construction. I'd ask whose side Biden is on, but there's no need. It's clear whose side he is on and it's certainly not America's side.

This is a bizarre stretch of the circumstances involved around Nord Stream 2.  Using the word "approve" is just misleading.  First, if Germany had wanted the pipeline to become operational, they didn't need our approval to do so.  Without a unified allied response to Russia, efforts to support Ukraine would have failed early on in the war.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/07/21/faq-nord-stream-2/

Edited by AU9377

12 hours ago, AU9377 said:

This is a bizarre stretch of the circumstances involved around Nord Stream 2.  Using the word "approve" is just misleading.  First, if Germany had wanted the pipeline to become operational, they didn't need our approval to do so.  Without a unified allied response to Russia, efforts to support Ukraine would have failed early on in the war.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/07/21/faq-nord-stream-2/

Did Biden approve the Russian pipeline or did he not?

Edited by Mikey

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Did Biden approve the Russian pipeline or did he not?

The Biden administration has waived sanctions on a company building a controversial gas pipeline between Russia and Germany.

The US also lifted sanctions on the executive - an ally of Russia's Vladimir Putin - who leads the firm behind the Nord Stream 2 project. 

The move came in a report on Russian sanctions delivered to Congress by the Department of State.

Critics say the pipeline is a major geopolitical prize for the Kremlin.

The project, which would take gas from the Russian Arctic under the Baltic Sea to Germany, is already more than 95% complete.

The Department of State report notes that Nord Stream 2 AG and its chief executive, Matthias Warnig, a former East German intelligence officer, engaged in sanctionable activity.

But it concludes that it is in the US national interest to waive the sanctions.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57180674

Yes, Biden allowed NS 2 to be completed

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Surely you also heard that the Biden Administration just offered the fewest offshore oil and gas leases in history, right? Or perhaps also that it just canceled seven leases in the ANWR? I am sure unemployed roustabouts are cheering these energy policies as they install solar panels in the tundra. 

Anyway, at least the caribou are happy!

6 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Surely you also heard that the Biden Administration just offered the fewest offshore oil and gas leases in history, right? Or perhaps also that it just canceled seven leases in the ANWR? I am sure unemployed roustabouts are cheering these energy policies as they install solar panels in the tundra. 

Anyway, at least the caribou are happy!

Why don't we require oil companies to drill the leases they own before we subsidize more leases for them to stash away?  These companies are making record profits and want more from the government....more more more more.  They aren't owed those leases.

https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/regulation/biden-wants-to-penalize-oil-companies-with-unused-leases/

Edited by AU9377

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

Why don't we require oil companies to drill the leases they own before we subsidize more leases for them to stash away?  These companies are making record profits and want more from the government....more more more more.  They aren't owed those leases.

Why don't we stop restricting domestic production when it does almost nothing to combat global warming? That is the goal, right, combat climate change? Canceling leases tells markets that investments won't be profitable; it fattens the wallets of our adversaries. The price of oil was under $56 a barrel when Biden took office. Blue collar Americans want to put food on the table and fuel in their cars; not an increased cost of living. Find alternative energy sources that undercut the price of fossil-fuels--we can all get on board with that--but don't destroy American's livelihoods and bankroll Russia, Iran and China while doing it.  

Capisce? 

15 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Crap, we're being too civil. Wrong forum.