12 hours ago, bigbird said:

LSU - W

OM - W

MSU - W

Vandy - W

Arky - W

NMSU - W

Bama - W 

LSU is winnable and I predicted we would after the bye.

OM will be tough but JHS at night is a W 

Bama is not a good team. 

I think our D matches up really well against every team we have left and our struggling passing game finally matches against a struggling secondary tomorrow. OM's O is dangerous but we again match up well. 

I think those games are all 50/50…

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

LSU - W

OM - W

MSU - W

Vandy - W

Arky - W

NMSU - W

Bama - W 

Bama is not a good team. 

I think our D matches up really well against every team we have left and our struggling passing game finally matches against a struggling secondary tomorrow. OM's O is dangerous but we again match up well. 

If we put up a competent passing offense today I'll start to believe.  It's the main thing holding us back...that and Simpson constantly getting injured

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If we put up a competent passing offense today I'll start to believe.  It's the main thing holding us back...that and Simpson constantly getting injured

Exactly. We're closer than a lot of our fan base thinks, IMO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd argue that the competent passing game is really far away tho

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'd argue that the competent passing game is really far away tho

I'm not sure it is as far as you think but it definitely has the furthest to come. Which also means they have a great opportunity for growth.  Like I said previously, things start clicking with more reps.  I'm hopeful

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm not sure it is as far as you think but it definitely has the furthest to come. Which also means they have a great opportunity for growth.  Like I said previously, things start clicking with more reps.  I'm hopeful

I mean we're at like 75 yds pg vs P5 teams.  That's a pretty far jump to get to competency and avg like 200 the rest of the year.

I don't disagree that everything should be up.  Thorne's biggest issue is reps.  His tentativeness comes with uncertainty and not being comfortable.  Unless we rush for 400, we should be able to easy top 250+ yards vs this horrendous defense.

We might not win today, but a competent offensive showing in both running and passing should give some high confidence in every remaining game

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think you are correct but,,, the big problem still remains,,, we cannot protect when the opposing front is better than average.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I mean we're at like 75 yds pg vs P5 teams.  That's a pretty far jump to get to competency and avg like 200 the rest of the year.

I don't disagree that everything should be up.  Thorne's biggest issue is reps.  His tentativeness comes with uncertainty and not being comfortable.  Unless we rush for 400, we should be able to easy top 250+ yards vs this horrendous defense.

Right but what I'm saying is the issues holding us to 75 rather than 250 aren't necessarily major, schematic or personnel related.  They're the little nuances that it takes to be a receiver, receiving TE, an effective pass blocker, or even a predominant passing QB.

We've never had that really and they players we have haven't necessarily been coached on how to do them at this level.  We've been so poorly underdeveloped at those positions that the only thing that's going to fix it are reps and effective, smart coaching.  I think we have the coaching, just waiting on the reps, IMO. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

We might not win today, but a competent offensive showing in both running and passing should give some high confidence in every remaining game

Yes! If we can’t find offense tonight I’m pretty concerned going forward 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Remember when we were good on scripted drives then went to s*** vs just being bad the entire time?

That was fun

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/12/2023 at 9:58 PM, AUpreacherman22 said:

1.  We have Vandy, NMSU, and Arky on the schedule.  We could theoretically go 0-3 against the 3 you mentioned and still be bowl eligible.  
2.   He’s going to ride with Thorne for the most part regardless.   There just isn’t a better option on the roster right now.   He has shown improvement in his limited time here.  I expect we’ll at least be serviceable with him by the end of the year.   
3.  The surrounding cast of whoever is playing QB is an issue as well.  We’ve got to improve across the board to start having success on offense.  

Love your optimism.

On 10/13/2023 at 7:50 PM, bigbird said:

LSU - W

OM - W

MSU - W

Vandy - W

Arky - W

NMSU - W

Bama - W 

Bama is not a good team. 

Face With Tears of Joy

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Running out of bounds on a 4th and long play, two yards short of a first because he wanted to avoid a tackler pretty much sums up his existence. 

That was definitely the play that made me laugh, just because he stuck the rock out. I have to think it was more of a thing where he didn't know where the sticks were at, rather than him being scared to take the hit, but both interpretations look really bad for an exp'd QB that was supposed to be a tone setter lol. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Running out of bounds on a 4th and long play, two yards short of a first because he wanted to avoid a tackler pretty much sums up his existence. 

yeah, that was pathetic.

23 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Morning after regrets...this makes me sad. 

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

I chose hope

Probably need to add prayer too.  I'm beginning to have doubts after seeing the game plan and performance last night.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

Done.

I've given him the benefit of the doubt to this point.

Please, let's move on.

Geriner can't be worse.  

RA moved the O.

Pitiful.

It was evident that the only quarterback having some success with Robbie Ashford. It doesn't matter what coach freeze has been seeing in practice at that point. It was evident that the only one and that game that appeared to be confident was quarterback number two. So why on the Earth would you take him out of the game

Robbie has outperformed Thorne at this point, and I don’t think that’s debatable. The problem is that Robbie has been asked to do very little, and so it’s an apples to oranges comparison. 

Curious to see what happens against Ole Miss. The rotation only works if Thorne is going to be consistent in the passing game, which he has not been. Last night, Palmer was talking about timing with the WRs and them not being where Thorne has expected them to be. At some point, you just have to throw the ball where they are. Even when we’ve had guys open, Thorne continues to struggle to get the ball to them with accuracy. 

We aren’t a good offense with either one of them, IMO, but I’d rather roll with Ashford at this point. Just my opinion. 

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 2