Payton Thorne is QB1

RunInRed

7 minutes ago, SphyNxXx said:

There is a rumor from another board that an off the field staffer was fired over it.

But Hugh said in his presser that only 4 people knew. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

It seems pretty obvious that it was a difficult decision.  We are blessed with some talented young men at that position. There’s a not so hidden message in there for Robby.   I hope he’s listening.  You never know how the season will play out. 

like it last yr, Robby may become the Q#1 in any week of the season

• Like 2

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

Well……..lol. 

I don't think the starter would say anything. Of course, all of them could have easily told a relative or friend who then spreads it. One could tell several people and that would be where the odds are really high for a leak. 

2 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

I don't think the starter would say anything. Of course, all of them could have easily told a relative or friend who then spreads it. One could tell several people and that would be where the odds are really high for a leak. 

The poster ur quoting is, or at least was, very plugged in. I’m guessing there’s an implication that “4” number isn’t completely accurate

Not snitching on @passthebiscuits by any means 

I didn’t watch the presser, but if HF, all 4 QBs and Phillip knew…that’s 6 right there. even if he didn’t include himself…it’s still 5 at least lol. I can’t think 4 was meant to be taken completely at heart

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I didn’t watch the presser, but if HF, all 4 QBs and Phillip knew…that’s 6 right there. even if he didn’t include himself…it’s still 5 at least lol. I can’t think 4 was meant to be taken completely at heart

^yes.

my only point is that this was the worst kept secret for what, 6-8 hours? 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

Hopefully, RA and HG both learned something from TJ and Bo Nix’ dad. Be ready at all times. 

Hello 93 IB…

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

And Hello every backup QB that ever plays us. Tyler Wilson comes to mind. 

Yup thanks to Fairley body splashing Mallett. Thankfully, we had Cam and they didn’t.

2014 A&M’s Kyle Allen also comes to mind. We had Marshall & CAP. They just didn’t have the ball. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

^yes.

my only point is that this was the worst kept secret for what, 6-8 hours? 

We know why though.

• Love 1

The backup I remember coming in against us was when Lamar Jackson came in for Louisville and nearly beat us himself. RA needs to get ready because his time to prove himself worthy could happen any time. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, toddc said:

The backup I remember coming in against us was when Lamar Jackson came in for Louisville and nearly beat us himself. RA needs to get ready because his time to prove himself worthy could happen any time. 

Wayne Johnson-THUGA 1986

1 hour ago, toddc said:

That kid was special. Made Gus regret not signing him day 1

• Like 1

Thorne could be a version of 2017 Stidham. Stidham came in with some big game experience. He had a decent O line to play behind and a great running group to work with. Receivers and TE were good enough. 

Edited by GreenTiger
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, SphyNxXx said:

There is a rumor from another board that an off the field staffer was fired over it.

21 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Brother Hugh was pissed for sure about that info getting out. We got a mole in the camp 👀

Hoke said Hugh had told each of the QBs of his decision.  My guess is that the leak was from one of them but that’s just my guess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toddc said:

Yeah Jackson was a true Freshman and his coming out party was against us.  We won the game but it was very close because of Jackson.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 5:02 PM, WarTim said:

2 years. This year and one more. 

Sadly he likely won't use that second year after winning the Heisman this year.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Yeah but,,, we got Zeke Pike!

That kid had a huge upside. Who knew he was a drug addict?

His story is frightening.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/college-football/after-years-of-addiction-and-tragedy-former-star-recruit-zeke-pike-is-finding-his-way-back

• Love 1

2 hours ago, CCTAU said:

Yeah but he has used it for fuel and is now a multimillionaire 

• Like 1

am i the only one that thought rob called mom and she spilled the beans? i am shocked it was an off the field guy and still having to get my mind around it.